IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

When browsing by folder the order of the tracks is defined by the UPNP server, if I am not wrong. So I think you have to check the server's setting.

The other browsing categories in the lumin app are handled purely by the app itself after it did read all the UPNP data from the server.

On 9/25/2022 at 8:26 AM, al210 said:

Not sure why my album tracks are showing out of order in the Lumin app when I browse by folder?

Please try fixing the track numbers using Mp3tag software for this album.

If that doesn't work, please use MinimServer (which is always recommended anyway).

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 9/26/2022 at 4:44 AM, wklie said:

Please try fixing the track numbers using Mp3tag software for this album.

If that doesn't work, please use MinimServer (which is always recommended anyway).

On 9/26/2022 at 3:46 AM, stefano_mbp said:

… according to @al210signature he isn’t using any mediaserver … 

I guess the problem is my server. I have a Western Digital PR4100 NAS and it only offers Twonkey server.

mp3 tag software shows the correct order so it’s something with Twonkey. 

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

On 9/30/2022 at 5:54 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Is it possible to show the explicit lyrics indicator in the LUMIN app? Without this, I have to listen to an album first, in order to know this. It’s incredibly inefficient. For example, which of these first two albums has explicit lyrics? 

0CBDE6A4-9135-4164-AC74-EACCFA0B6631.jpeg

I do not know such an explicit marker. But at least in the qobuz app the albums are presented exactly the same as in the lumin app. You cannot distinguish them.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:10 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Is there a way to sort these albums? What’s the default sorting method?

AD040B1E-44AE-4EE0-9203-5D5524570EF8.png

If there was an option to set up the order it would be placed on the right side of the back arrow icon. You can see it in the favorite album list.

But in this artist view you cannot change the order. I think the order is given by qobuz. You could compare with the qobuz app. In my understanding the order is for importance. So probably the most played or bought albums first?

2 minutes ago, gbr said:

If there was an option to set up the order it would be placed on the right side of the back arrow icon. You can see it in the favorite album list.

But in this artist view you cannot change the order. I think the order is given by qobuz. You could compare with the qobuz app. In my understanding the order is for importance. So probably the most played or bought albums first?

Qobuz enables sorting. 

6C88A284-BCB0-486A-9723-F8A7AF8C2132.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 9/30/2022 at 6:21 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Two questions. 

1. How do I get the white bar at the bottom to reappear after a few seconds? It has Information not available elsewhere. 
2. How can I display the information at the bottom, without the horizontal scroll bar covering it up?

3F262827-5ECC-4D30-A87A-458DC9E1CE6F.jpeg

I think you cannot get the white stripe back. But which information do you mean that otherwise is missing? Some info is displayed when long pressing the album cover above the playlist. Or IIRC on long pressing any track in the playlist.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:28 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

This glitch has happened to me twice in the last 30 minutes. 

I’m on this screen:

D148343E-13C3-458B-B08E-0BD9CB56B071.png

Then, all of a sudden, it switches to this screen. The only way to get back is to retype my search criteria and navigate my way. 

6BF2F6E1-27D2-4C01-B90E-3AF1E815B244.png

Yes this glitch is super annoying. This happens for me, too, quite often (with U1 mini)

I would like to know why the app thinks it has to do a refresh? And why it cannot reconstruct the exact same navigation and scroll position?

Unfortunately this is not the only glitch...

6 minutes ago, gbr said:

I think you cannot get the white stripe back. But which information do you mean that otherwise is missing? Some info is displayed when long pressing the album cover above the playlist. Or IIRC on long pressing any track in the playlist.

When upsampling to DSD, it appears the rate is shown here. I don’t see it anywhere else. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

16 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

When upsampling to DSD, it appears the rate is shown here. I don’t see it anywhere else. 

I don't have any DSD tracks so I am not sure how the info what look like. But on your screen shot there are some DSD to PCM info displayed on the right side of the album cover above the playlist. Probably not enough?

I currently have and A1 with a Kenneth Lau LPS. I am using Leedh to connect directly to my Coda No.8 amp driving my Green Mountain C-3 HX speakers. I have been very happy with this combo seeing performance increases with experimenting with cables ( Duelind silver DIY interconnect , Core power Defiant Diamond power cable) and iso acoustic footers on IKEA bamboo cutting boards. I have been ripping my vinyl to 24/352 wav as some of my highest res files. So there is emerging more DSD256 content, while it is relatively small, I cannot play this on the A1.

If I were to think about upgrading wondering if I need to go all the way to an x1 to see a significant improvement?, I have always suspected that the use of the Lundahl transformers to be a contributing factor to the A1 performance. The T2/T3 does not have it. I would appreciate any insights. Thanks

1 hour ago, wklie said:

@The Computer Audiophile

- Setting window closing when not playing / playlist is empty on iOS: We have identified the cause of it and is currently fixing it and will release a fix ASAP.  Our Android app should not have this bug.

- Explicit lyrics indicator: We will add this in a future update

- Qobuz sorting: We have our own sorting implemented for favorites.  For non-favorites, they show up as Qobuz server response order.  I'll recheck whether there's Qobuz API support (although quite unlikely) or whether it's possible to add our own sorting - but that has the tendency to slow things down seriously so I cannot promise it at this point.  Both Qobuz app and Tidal app do their own things and there are many functional aspects not available as API to third party.

- The full screen album art view is designed to show textual metadata information only for a few seconds then disappears.  It was designed to behave like this 10 years ago.  Two months ago I talked to our product manager, he's not interested in changing it.  I'll talk to him again.

- The "white bar" you see at the bottom looks like the iOS home indicator.  We will adjust the iOS layout in a future update so that the text is not covered by the iOS home indicator.  I guess most of the Android devices probably should not have this same issue.

- Qobuz browsing jumping to top-level: We are investigating this glitch and prioritized it.  We already have found one possible cause, is currently fixing it and will release a fix ASAP.  Our Android app should not have this behavior for the same type of cause.

To me the full screen album art view is a very important feature.  I use a M1 mac mini to display the lumin information and go crazy when the full screen disappears.  On my aurender, the full screen view stays on indefinitely.  And I would request that the full screen view show as much information about the song/album as possible.  Would also like to display back cover art.

1 hour ago, steveoat said:

To me the full screen album art view is a very important feature.  I use a M1 mac mini to display the lumin information and go crazy when the full screen disappears.  On my aurender, the full screen view stays on indefinitely.

The album art is expected to show indefinitely unless you tap it (only the text should disappear).  We used this feature for our audio exhibition all day.  I can confirm it stays in our iPad in our use case.  The iPad is placed on top of a demo Lumin and is normally untouched all day.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

1 hour ago, wklie said:

The album art is expected to show indefinitely unless you tap it (only the text should disappear).  We used this feature for our audio exhibition all day.  I can confirm it stays in our iPad in our use case.  The iPad is placed on top of a demo Lumin and is normally untouched all day.

Peter. Is it possible that the text can also stay?