IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

From now on, please login Qobuz with your e-mail address (that you signed up for Qobuz) instead of your Qobuz account username.

Details here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-now-requires-use-of-email-address-when-integrating-with-3rd-party-apps-such-as-roon/204663

There was supposed to be an e-mail from Qobuz sent to subscribers, but I didn't receive it because it was not me in our Qobuz account.  I've since hijacked our account so that I have a chance of receiving e-mail alerts from Qobuz in the future.

In case you cannot login, see:

https://help.qobuz.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026322592-I-can-t-log-in

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 6/20/2022 at 8:20 PM, vintageaxeman said:

the Lumin app shows that it is loading what appears to be a limit of 10,000 tracks when I switch my Lumin S1 on. Is this a definitive limit?

In 24 hours, please try Lumin app 7.4.2 on iOS.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Better usability with Mac Mini and Big Screen Monitor

Hi Peter,

are there any plans to make the Lumin app look better when using the mac mini on  a big screen TV.  Everything looks too small and is unreadable from more than 3 feet away.  

I have an aurender and auralic and both look great on a big screen tv.

What are your thoughts about this?

In the first week of July 2022, there will be a firmware upgrade for U2 Mini to fix a USB low volume issue from some particular (not all) USB DAC.

If you’re using USB output from U2 Mini, there is a small chance that after doing the firmware upgrade, the DAC output volume will be increased even without changing the Lumin volume or volume control enable/disable setting.

This issue does not affect U1 / U1 Mini or any other Lumin model. They will not receive the same firmware upgrade.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Qobuz and Tidal have Hi-Res and MQA markings respectively.  For local database, we don't know of a technically feasible way of doing it.  If that's important to you, try Roon (USD699) + computer.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

3 hours ago, Frekivalto said:

Can the USB adapter supplied with the M1 device (connecting an analog source) also be used for the X1 modell?

No.  It's strictly for M1 only.

Please consider P1 if you need digital or analog inputs.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

I had a request to make it work for the D2 but I guess it never got any traction... still hoping it might as its still a current seller (D2) so one can hook up a TT and use the lumin D2 for a little more than it can be now.. as an entry level setup it would be a sweet feature.

Peter, what is the purpose of the HDMI output on an S1 please? Is it a digital audio output? If so, is it standard HDMI cable that should be used? And do you know of any examples of what other equipment it can be used with? (DACs etc). Surely it's not to send a video signal to a tv/monitor? It MUST be there for some purpose, but I cannot find it in the online Lumin User Manual. Than you.

1 hour ago, vintageaxeman said:

Peter, what is the purpose of the HDMI output on an S1 please? Is it a digital audio output? If so, is it standard HDMI cable that should be used? And do you know of any examples of what other equipment it can be used with? (DACs etc). Surely it's not to send a video signal to a tv/monitor? It MUST be there for some purpose, but I cannot find it in the online Lumin User Manual. Than you.

Yes, it's digital audio output and yes it just uses a standard HDMI cable. It's not as common on DACs as other connections though.
It was a good way to transmit DSD when DoP support was less common.

Be aware though that some recent DACs use the HDMI connector as a way to connect pins for I2S. No LUMIN HDMI is used in this way.

From the S1 spec.

• HDMI:
    • DSD 2.8MHz, 1-bit
    • PCM 44.1–192kHz, 16–24-bit, Stereo

Associated with LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player.