IGNORED

What music do you really hate?

Here's a thread where you can really embrace your inner negativity.

What music genres do you hate so much that you would rather leave the room than sit through it?

For me, not that you asked:

1. Opera

2. Musicals

3. Country and Western

4. "Soft" or "Smooth" Jazz

5. Pop

6. Heavy metal and its derivatives

Ohh this could be fun. I don't wish to derail your thread, but is it "ok" to list bands we hate here as an alternative to listing musical genres we hate? I have a few bands in mind and would like to unload on them.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Sure. Go ahead. The main point is that you try to maintain a negative attitude throughout, so no compromising language or nuance allowed.

F**K this! ALL music is great... Except Xmas music in November. That sucks. Or in October. Sucks harder.

Actually, Country really sucks in any month.

Good idea wgscott. I feel a little better. Now I'm going to listen to some Opera.

Organ Music

Country Music

Barbershop Quartets

Anything played through iPhone/iPod built in speakers

Roon Rock running on a Gen 7 i5, Akasa Plao X7 fanless case. Schiit Lyr 2, Schiit Bifrost upgraded with Uber Analog and USB Gen 2, Grado RS1s, ADAM A3x Nearfield Monitors.

Ok kiddies, I am going to "keep it real" here. Behold a random sampling of some of the world's sh**tiest bands/artists:

1. Ke$ha. Want to have some fun? Google "Ke$ha is a skank" Urban Dictionary: Ke$ha

2. Limp Bizkit. Fred Durst, king of all douches.

3. Lori Leiberman. What? Who the hell is Lori Leiberman?! Well, one day whilst turning pages in Stereophile many moons ago I read a review of Lori Leiberman's album "Home of Whispers". The reviewer went on and on about the sound quality, so in a moment of poor judgment I figured, hey, I should have some audiophile-type music. Muzak shlock-fest. Listening to this album makes me violently ill. Please, for the love of all that is holy, someone PLEASE take this cd from me. I will mail it free to the first person to pm me. 24 Kt. Gold CD. Seriously. I need this out of my house, NOW.

4. Hootie & The Blowfish. This stuff was made for grocery shopping.

5. Red Hot Chili Peppers. Funk metal sucks.

6. Insane Clown Posse. When this dog sh*t band comes to town for a concert you will know it. The streets overflow with douchebags in clown paint, known as "Juggalos" or something like that. If you see one crossing the street, do your town a favor and hit the gas.

7. Hoobastank. No explanation needed.

8. UB40. Pop reggae is a bad idea. I'll take my rastafarians stoned out of their mind and incoherent, dreadlocks packed with dung and mud, and gobs of dub. Slick 80's whiteboy reggae? What the hell?

9. The Offspring. These guys knock The Red Hot Chili Peppers off the throne as the world's most headache inducing band.

10. Celine Dion. I must confess to having a dream. In my dream I place Celine in a room. The room is all white full of soft all white furnishings. Celine is dressed all in white and she looks Photoshopped. I ask Celine to have a seat and pour her a glass of white wine. I then bring in the band Gorgoroth. "Celine- Gorgoroth. Gorgorth- meet Celine". I then lock the door and let them go to town.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Wow, now you got me started.

You can really chase me away with 90% of reggae of and country music (Notting Hillbillies excluded).

What's currently called "Soul" is quite often just annoying (no talking about good motown etc. but the mass artificial stuff of today).

And agree with two categories that wgscott mentioned:

"Smooth" Jazz , that doesn't even exist in most countries I'm aware of as a category, but seems to have several dedicated radio stations all across the US (In Europe, we just call that "Elevator Music").

And musicals. I have a lot of respect for Andrew Lloyd Webber etc, there certainly is a great skill in producing (not calling that composing) one hit after the other. But again, I just want to run away when I hear it.

Hmmm... let me start.

Country music. I wish every single country artist would get on a plane, and that plane would crash land on an uncharted pacific island, never to be seen again.

Michael Bolton and Celine Dion can join them as can most every single pop artist.

I probably dislike most music, but considering that I listen to a small fragment of it, I don't know for sure.

Coot, you need a car with an exhaust that gets really loud up around 8k RPM... ;-)

No electron left behind.

What the h*ll is with this Trans Siberian Orchestra bull-crap?

These guys have even less talent than those whiny Irish gutter-sluts.

How the ef did PBS corner the market on talentless, overproduced sideshow drivel?

And all those screechy whining white chicks, especially Norah Jones.

Anything Baroque.

Anything that uses Auto-Tune, even if it is on purpose (so-called artistic intent).

Anything my co-workers play.

Most anything with words.

Anything that draws a crowd of more than 40 people when played in pubic.

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

What the h*ll is with this Trans Siberian Orchestra bull-crap?

These guys have even less talent than those whiny Irish gutter-sluts.

I had to endure one their "concerts" a few years back .. I wanted to slash my wrists. They should go to Siberia and stay there!

it is a true 'coming out'.

after all these years I thought I was the only one.

:)

BTW thanks for this thread Mr. Scott.

Heavy metal for sure (if one can even call it music)

Country music

Endless MTV type faceless pop and R&B singers that all look and sound the same

Main system: Music Server (Win 7/64+Foobar+JPlay) -> Furutech GT2 USB Cable -> Audiolab M-DAC -> Plinius 9200 (Chord Anthem interconnects) -> ATC SCM 40 w/Kimber Kable 8TC speaker cables