IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Forget using USB on RPi3. They cut a bit too many corners on the hardware design and USB is losing packets because ethernet shares the same USB bus as the Type-A connectors and the CPU doesn't manage.

RPi4 is first RasPi with usable USB when Ethernet is in use.

okay thanks

13 hours ago, Miska said:

Forget using USB on RPi3. They cut a bit too many corners on the hardware design and USB is losing packets because ethernet shares the same USB bus as the Type-A connectors and the CPU doesn't manage.

RPi4 is first RasPi with usable USB when Ethernet is in use.

So tried naa image on intel nuc.can only get it to play PCM no DSD ?

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Miska said:

Have the image on a network share, or just on regular filesystem on USB stick. And then boot some live Linux installation image, such as Fedora Workstation or Ubuntu Desktop. Instead of launching the installer, just go to live (select "Try"). You can then "dd" the image to the internal /dev/mmc* or similar.

I use similar method also to move OS' over to new storage and such.

mmm, I was unable to boot unit off USB earlier after imaging with naa-4123-x64, just went to original Stylus boot on USB stick. When I tried to copy the image to a different USB

stick under Fedora it gave me a select box for RPI2 or RPI3 image. Is this actually an image for intel (Atom) processor?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

8 minutes ago, davide256 said:

mmm, I was unable to boot NAS off USB earlier after imaging with naa-4123-x64, just went to original Stylus boot on USB stick. When I tried to copy the image to a different USB

stick under Fedora it gave me a select box for RPI2 or RPI3 image. Is this actually an image for intel (Atom) processor?

Can I ask a question here?

Why are you trying to boot your NAS from an NAA image?

No electron left behind.

21 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Can I ask a question here?

Why are you trying to boot your NAS from an NAA image?

crossed wires, was atom endpoint. @Mischa I went ahead and flashed a second actual USB stick successfully with Rufus, for some reason Balena Etcher did not correctly image an SDXC card in a USB stick holder. running off USB boot for the moment and will give a try tomorrow to reimage the internal eMMC.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, davide256 said:

crossed wires, was atom endpoint. @Mischa I went ahead and flashed a second actual USB stick successfully with Rufus, for some reason Balena Etcher did not correctly image an SDXC card in a USB stick holder. running off USB boot for the moment and will give a try tomorrow to reimage the internal eMMC.

Ah, that makes sense. The developer of HQP is @Miska  @Mischa is going to be confused as hell when he gets these notifications.

No electron left behind.

Haven't moved NAA image to eMMC yet, but its working/sounding far better using native image on USB stick than running NAA in Euphony environment off eMMC. Current NAA setup is UP atom machine with 12V  JS-2 PS, Lush 2 to SRC-DX, AQ Eagle Eye coax with adaptors to Chord Mojo or Metrum Octave

Euphony endpoint on Atom processor is a PITA to tune to eliminate massed instrument harmonic "fuzziness" ; native NAA, no up-sampling is much cleaner then Stylus endpoint or NAA run under Euphony. Have ordered a NUC11TNHi3 that I want to swap with to see if Apacer memory/intel 960P M.2/i3 combination

betters the Atom machine as endpoint for Euphony/NAA

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really struggling to maintain my support of Ubiquiti 😕 Freshly built Windows 11 box (to act as something of a media and home server) and HQPlayer can't find the NAA agent on the sms-200. Investigation points to the bad / lack of multicast and IGMP proxy support on the UDP Pro and managed switches. Sigh.

I'm looking for resolutions, but in the meantime @Miska or anyone: Is it possible to configure HQPlayer to target a specific IP for the NAA rather than relying on discovery through multicast? That would get me back up and running in the short term!

3 hours ago, SpaceGhost said:

I'm really struggling to maintain my support of Ubiquiti 😕 Freshly built Windows 11 box (to act as something of a media and home server) and HQPlayer can't find the NAA agent on the sms-200. Investigation points to the bad / lack of multicast and IGMP proxy support on the UDP Pro and managed switches. Sigh.

I'm looking for resolutions, but in the meantime @Miska or anyone: Is it possible to configure HQPlayer to target a specific IP for the NAA rather than relying on discovery through multicast? That would get me back up and running in the short term!

Make sure you enable this on the UDM Pro. I have full Ubiquiti network and it works great. 

D5AF9C1E-175F-4A53-97D6-9A14E087526B.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 hours ago, SpaceGhost said:

No, it is not possible...

Right now I'm going through Cisco SG350-10 managed switch and it is working fine. Lot of services like UPnP and printer discovery and RAVENNA use multicast discovery. So it is kind of essential functionality in modern networking.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

4 hours ago, SpaceGhost said:

I also have a managed Ubuquiti network and multiple NAAs around the house and they all work fine. Are you sure one of the two endpoints isn't on a different vlan than the other?

No electron left behind.

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have a full managed Ubiquiti network. I have VLANs for iot devices, but my audio rides on the main network. 

Same here, but I have an EdgeRouter instead of a UniFi router.

The only problem I have with NAA is that if I turn the DAC off and on (not immediately, but hours later), I have to relaunch HQP Desktop.  I don’t have to relaunch NAA; I leave it running for days.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

30 minutes ago, Bob Stern said:

The only problem I have with NAA is that if I turn the DAC off and on (not immediately, but hours later), I have to relaunch HQP Desktop.  I don’t have to relaunch NAA; I leave it running for days.

As long as HQPlayer is running, the DAC is in use. If you pull the DAC while it is in use, you'll have problems. Consider HQPlayer integral part of your DAC. You power down half the the DAC, the other side will have problems.

Of course this would be much simpler when you have HQPlayer and DAC in the same device. Like one of my HQPlayer servers with EVGA NuAudio card. You cannot power down the DAC without powering down HQPlayer too.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Can anyone with knowledge of the Cisco iOS language please give me a brief walk through to enable 802.3x flow control, 802.3az EEE and 802.1p Cos/QOS for my Cisco 2060 switch?

I did some researches and know that the Cisco 2960 does have these protocols but were set to off by default. I bought a RJ45 to usb console cable and was able to connect to the switch using putty but IOS is a “foreign/alien” language to me. Is it meant to be a matter of entering a few command lines to enable these protocols? How do i find out the interface-id of my switch? 

🙏 🙏 

Deric 

Sorry, another silly question. In the hqplayer library settings, is there an easy way to search for a particular folder/album in the library? 

say I wanted to remove one album from “Supertramp” since I changed the folder location, is there a way I can search for that folder/album or maybe type in the first letter “s” that will bring me to the “s”. Right now I need to scroll all the way from A down to S to find that album or reverse the order and scroll from Z to S.

thanks 🙏  🙏 

Deric

21 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

Sorry, another silly question. In the hqplayer library settings, is there an easy way to search for a particular folder/album in the library? 

say I wanted to remove one album from “Supertramp” since I changed the folder location, is there a way I can search for that folder/album or maybe type in the first letter “s” that will bring me to the “s”. Right now I need to scroll all the way from A down to S to find that album or reverse the order and scroll from Z to S.

thanks 🙏  🙏 

Deric

You can do a basic search from the control client, but if you delete albums or move them, you'll need to do another scan before HQP can see and play that album.

No electron left behind.