IGNORED

Amazing new product

Priaptor

Yesterday I received my new EMM DAC2X, however, I didn't get a chance to use it or compare it to my ARC DAC8.

The amazing new product I am happy to report about is a cable that my local dealer was nice enough to let me try. I currently use MIT's Oracle Matrix 50 Proline Balanced interconnects between my DAC 8 and REF 5SE.

I was very leery about trying a much "cheaper" RCA interconnect, BUT, the difference was not subtle. I have tried many cables and can unequivocally say, this one is truly AMAZING. and breaks new ground. No contest compared to the almost three times more expensive MITs. I think (actually know) we will be hearing about this cable from many in the not too distant future and people will be very surprised when these cables are shown to surpass Odins.

The cables are "HighFidelityCables" at High Fidelity Cables. I need to find out more about these amazing cables as right now they only make RCA interconnects, a digital cable and a phono cable. Hopefully they will be making speaker cables and balanced (although I am not sure how their technology can be applied to balanced cables) cable in the not too distant future.

Magnetic conduction? How would that work without a changing magnetic field? I call bullshit on this one after reading the technology page on their home page.

Sounds much like the usual scams about cables using the skin effect (at audio frequencies - lol) etc.

Cheers,

Peter

Home: Apple Macbook Pro 17" --Mini-Toslink--> Cambridge Audio DacMagic --XLR--> 2x Genelec 8020B

Work: Apple Macbook Pro 15" --USB--> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 --1/4\"--> Superlux HD668B / 2x Genelec 6010A

Before calling it bullshit, listen. I have no skin in this game other than sound and it was no contest.

Oh, I think we have a misunderstanding here. I'm calling bullshit on the pseudo-scientific (and completely non-sensical) claimed effects behind this cable.

I'm NOT trying to argue with your subjective experience. No sense in that. You hear what you hear and if it makes you happy ... I'm happy.

Cheers,

Peter

Home: Apple Macbook Pro 17" --Mini-Toslink--> Cambridge Audio DacMagic --XLR--> 2x Genelec 8020B

Work: Apple Macbook Pro 15" --USB--> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 --1/4\"--> Superlux HD668B / 2x Genelec 6010A

Before calling it bullshit, listen. I have no skin in this game other than sound and it was no contest.

The cables might sound great - we are not addressing that, and how could we, without hearing them, but we are somewhat sceptical about the pseudoscience the manufacturer offers as an explanation:

"By ‘pre-applying’ a magnetic field to the signal cable, Magnetic Conduction preserves the energy that an electrical signal otherwise loses when electrons jump from one ionic core to another, i.e., from a component’s output connector to an interconnects male input connector. This results in more faithful transmission of low-level signal elements."

I can buy into all of that. Most of the mumble jumbo behind why this works or that works is bullshit. There are few products that don't claim all the BS.

Quite frankly, the first time I read the technical magnet this and that was yesterday after the Peter said he read it and called it bullshit.

I report my findings only because after having the privilege of having test cables from many many lines, ultimately "settling" for my very expensive MITs was absolutely blown away by these "cheap" 1.6K cables. These cables don't break the bank and outperform the most expensive cables on the market. They are really that good.

Incidentally in my younger days I was the guy who was responsible for distributing Siltech in the USA, one of the first super expensive cables introduced to audio. People laughed when they heard the price tags, BUT, I couldn't get enough of these things to sell.

Well here is a cable that outperforms all other (technical nonsense aside) for a "reasonable" 1.6 per meter. My MITs will be going up on Audiogon shortly.

Well, tell me a product that isn't full of hype. Ultimately the ears are what counts. Wilson Audio, several of their products I have owned, bragging about the enclosures and lack of resonance, on and on and on, is nothing more than their "proprietary" mdf like all other cabinets except a few.

I bring these cable to the forum, not because of the technical hype but because of their awesome results, especially at the price.

My bet, you will be hearing about these cables in the not too distant future by many reviewers.

The cables might sound great - we are not addressing that, and how could we, without hearing them, but we are somewhat sceptical about the pseudoscience the manufacturer offers as an explanation:

"By ‘pre-applying’ a magnetic field to the signal cable, Magnetic Conduction preserves the energy that an electrical signal otherwise loses when electrons jump from one ionic core to another, i.e., from a component’s output connector to an interconnects male input connector. This results in more faithful transmission of low-level signal elements."

I would offer that "Magnetic Conduction" is highly effective...at selling cables to people who buy expensive cables. As such, it should not be viewed as "bullshit". It is marketing. Any attempt to conflate the output of a marketing department with reality should be strictly avoided.

As an Engineer, it has been my "pleasure" to associate with many a marketing person over the course of 3 decades in a variety of different high-tech fields. As a group, they have a very strong grasp on reality...the reality that pseudo-science (i.e. fake science) sells much more effectively than real science.

New guy here - old guy elsewhere...Mac Mini - BitPerfect - USB - Schiit Bifrost DAC - shit cable - Musical Fidelity A3.5 - home-brew speakers designed to prioritize phase and time response (Accuton ceramic dome drivers and first-order crossovers) and a very cheaply but well corrected room...old head, old ears, conventionally connected to an old brain with outdated software.

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain

As a group, they have a very strong grasp on reality...the reality that pseudo-science (i.e. fake science) sells much more effectively than real science.

Yes, indeed - and some of the marketing people are very good at their job. And just as in politics, people tend to get what they think they want. :)

I would offer that "Magnetic Conduction" is highly effective...at selling cables to people who buy expensive cables. As such, it should not be viewed as "bullshit". It is marketing. Any attempt to conflate the output of a marketing department with reality should be strictly avoided.

As an Engineer, it has been my "pleasure" to associate with many a marketing person over the course of 3 decades in a variety of different high-tech fields. As a group, they have a very strong grasp on reality...the reality that pseudo-science (i.e. fake science) sells much more effectively than real science.

EXCEPT, these are not "expensive" cables as "expensive" goes. So all the pseudoscience aside, which 99% of the marketing of high end audio is, these cables outperform all the other truly "expensive" cables I have owned and in fact endorsed by many on these threads.

There will always be non-believers regarding the beneficial effects on the sound by different components, particularly cables and as I stated, I was leery about "another" cable to try, particularly a relative inexpensive one that was an RCA interconnect going against an "expensive" balanced interconnect. Regardless of the pseudoscience crap involved this cable shines.

My own belief is that pseudoscience and bullshit aside, those who fail to hear difference in components such as interconnects, just don't have the resolving power in their systems.

Like I said, I bring this product to this forum for one reason only. People who are looking to buy a cable equal to or much more expensive than this cable (ignoring the BS and "pseudoscience") should put this on their short list to audition.

Lastly, I would love to be shown one manufacturer that doesn't market their stuff based on "pseudoscience". Ultimately the sound is what matters regardless of the crap used to sell the product.

Lastly, I would love to be shown one manufacturer that doesn't market their stuff based on "pseudoscience".

Weiss? Hypex? Mogami? Most pro audio manufacturers?

Ultimately the sound is what matters regardless of the crap used to sell the product.

Sure, but the fact that a manufacturer resorts to silly pseudoscience instead of publishing actual measurements and encouraging you to do a listening comparison doesn't reflect very well on them...

Sure, but the fact that a manufacturer resorts to silly pseudoscience instead of publishing actual measurements and encouraging you to do a listening comparison doesn't reflect very well on them...

Here we go again...

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Weiss? Hypex? Mogami? Most pro audio manufacturers?

Actually he does quote measurements. It is for the reader to believe, just like it is for the reader to believe any other measurements the manufacturers you quote matter to the sound.

Look it is irrelevant to me if you are going to judge any of this stuff through the net with no basis. Be a propeller head and buy based on measurements-whatever suits you. I buy based on sound. I never looked at the guys claimed tech specs. I was turned on to this product through a friend who was turned on to it through a very respected reviewer who thought it was the best cable he has ever heard. I concur.

Actually he does quote measurements. It is for the reader to believe, just like it is for the reader to believe any other measurements the manufacturers you quote matter to the sound.

Well, he doesn't quote measurements. He says measurements were done, THD was lower, and then say things like 14% lower or better SNR. Well better compared to what? Why not just put the actual measurements up there? In fact measurements of such wire produces just residuals of the measuring instruments for the most part. Any contribution by the wire is so low you have trouble determining what it is. All these sorts of misdirection rather than simply spilling the beans is typical snake-oil marketing. Whether the cables sound better than something else or not, their spiel about their product is at best marketing, and more likely just pablum for the potential consumer.

Pseudo-sciency sounding explanation. CHECK

Explanation not making sense with physics CHECK

Deceptive use of measurements CHECK

A suggestion to simply listen and hear for yourself CHECK.

Snake oil probably near 100% CHECK

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Look it is irrelevant to me if you are going to judge any of this stuff through the net with no basis. Be a propeller head and buy based on measurements-whatever suits you. I buy based on sound. I never looked at the guys claimed tech specs. I was turned on to this product through a friend who was turned on to it through a very respected reviewer who thought it was the best cable he has ever heard. I concur.

Yes, we get it that you like the cable, but you yourself agreed that the explanation of the technology was BS. If you like the cable despite the pseudoscience, fine - we are not saying you shouldn't. We are just pointing out that their explanations smell of pseudoscience. People can do what they like with that information.

Well, tell me a product that isn't full of hype.

Oh, please. I'm not even going to start naming the reputable high end manufacturers, we'd be here all day. That includes consumer as well as pro stuff. The high end audio equipment that has to resort to pseudo-science marketing is in my estimation relatively rare (fortunately, and despite the impression that might be created at times by the truly laughable claims).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.