IGNORED

Drugs

Which option(s) most closely matches your thoughts ...  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh no, you left out the best choice on the poll:

I only use drugs under the direction of an audiophile Shaman. The traditional knowledge allows perception beyond the physical realm into the spirit realm beyond.

This sounds good to me, otherwise, as far as the poll goes, I Dont Remember...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Okay, I have been trying to puzzle this out, but I give up... WTF is with Bath Salts? Is this some new designer drug or?

Anyway, anything more expensive than beer is just wasted, don't ya know! Has anyone done DBTs to prove that anyone can tell the difference between Glenfiddich and Guiness? People who say theY can are just imagining a differece, and fooling themselves. Or they are just trying to trick you!

No bottle of whiskey is worth that much money! It's a conspiracy I tell you! Dang those rich distillers! :)

Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

WTF is with Bath Salts? Is this some new designer drug or?

I'm not sure either (even though I am a chemist), but it has been in the news lately (face-eating zombie, etc). Google it.

Anyway, anything more expensive than beer is just wasted, don't ya know! Has anyone done DBTs to prove that anyone can tell the difference between Glenfiddich and Guiness? People who say theY can are just imagining a differece, and fooling themselves. Or they are just trying to trick you!

No bottle of whiskey is worth that much money! It's a conspiracy I tell you! Dang those rich distillers! :)

Paul

You do realize Guiness is beer, right? (Murphy's is better. It is actually the only alcoholic thing I will drink.)

Okay, I have been trying to puzzle this out, but I give up... WTF is with Bath Salts? Is this some new designer drug or?

Paul

Uhmm, yeah, I actually have taste tested Whiskeys... Scotch too... They just happen to be my drink of choice, and I wanted to know which I liked the best at various price points. It was a learning experience, as well as one expensive, memorable night at my favorite watering hole...

bath salts are, so far anyway, unregulated. Which is why they suddenly, or not I don't know, became the thing to do... Also, who knows what's in them...

No electron left behind.

I'm not sure either (even though I am a chemist), but it has been in the news lately (face-eating zombie, etc). Google it.

You do realize Guiness is beer, right? (Murphy's is better. It is actually the only alcoholic thing I will drink.)

According to latest reports, face eating zombie wannabe guy in Florida was only on Marijuana...

1554 is currently my favorite beer, although being brewed in Fort Collins CO, I am not sure how easy it would be to get some right now.

No electron left behind.

(Murphy's is better. It is actually the only alcoholic thing I will drink.)

Yeah, but you didn't answer the question. Did you DBT to make sure?

How about those pricey, country club pups? Objectively I would imagine they measure the same as any ole' $20 dollar K-9: fur, four paws, tail, drool, barks.

Well - dang....

Yep. Those distillers trying to sell us those expensive "distilled" stuff!

And then you try to tell me beers taste different? A conspiracy I tell ya!

(Sam Adams does some really fine brews, especially around Christmas time. Murphy's is owned by Germans isn't it? Something wrong with a fine Irish Stout made by Germans... :) )

Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

That's where I work now.

Wow. Small world. I get to Santa Cruz a few times a year to visit old friends who are still there, and to hit some of the jazz concerts presented by Kuumbwa. In the last couple of years I have seen Jim Hall, Wynton Marsalis, Branford Marsalis, and others. I have tickets for the Chick Corea/Stanley Clarke/Jack DeJohnette concert at the Rio in September.

I love live jazz.

W4S Music Server 2 and/or Windows 7 Box -> W4S DAC2 -> W4S STP-SE Preamp -> W4S ST-500 Amp ->Magnepan 1.7

Well - dang....

(Sam Adams does some really fine brews, especially around Christmas time. Murphy's is owned by Germans isn't it? Something wrong with a fine Irish Stout made by Germans... :) )

Paul

Absolutely funny and on the mark. Cheers, WDW

This is the most entertaining thread I can remember in, like forever. Of course when you're as baked as I am, sometimes it's hard to tell.

In all seriousness, let me express my appreciation that no one has ticked the heroin box.

wgscott - I'm surprised at the Murphy's. I would have pegged you as a Stone Arrogant Bastard man all the way. It's a regular event at my house.

Auctioneer: How much do I hear?[br]Audience member: That\'s metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?[br] — The Firesign Theatre, [br] Don\'t Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Well - dang....

Paul

As long as we are discussing the distilled stuff, there is a definitive study (a quadruple triple double blind study) that shows that the Irish Red Breast whiskey, when compared to Jamesons or Bushmills, reduces jitter, increases vertical and horizontal soundstage, and tends to make the imbiber ignore cable spats.

I cannot find the link to the academic paper right now, but I will post the link as soon as possible.

W4S Music Server 2 and/or Windows 7 Box -> W4S DAC2 -> W4S STP-SE Preamp -> W4S ST-500 Amp ->Magnepan 1.7

As long as we are discussing the distilled stuff, there is a definitive study (a quadruple triple double blind study) that shows that the Irish Red Breast whiskey, when compared to Jamesons or Bushmills, reduces jitter, increases vertical and horizontal soundstage, and tends to make the imbiber ignore cable spats.

I cannot find the link to the academic paper right now, but I will post the link as soon as possible.

There is without a doubt, something wrong with that testing method! I demand that someone fund a true double blind test, and to be absolutely sure it is done right, I should be one of the testers. I have a finely trained and highly experienced taste for beer, which quallifies me to prove all whiskey tastes alike, even if you must spend a lot of time drinking it.

And I am willing to prove you scotch drinkers are being misled and fooled by those capitalistic distillers!

Hah! I may have to take the test twice. Maybe three times. Maybe that would qualify as a triple blind test even....

;)

Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

Hah! I may have to take the test twice. Maybe three times. Maybe that would qualify as a triple blind test even....

;)

Paul

I am sure after triple beer test you are qualified to tell us all the differences there are. A drunk man is all wise and knows everything! ;)

@Home: AIFF > LaCie Rikiki 2.5" USB3 > MBP 15" 8GB RAM / Audirvana Plus > ifi iUSBPower > Bel Canto mLink > Bel Canto e.One DAC2.5 > Wyred 4 SX-1000 > Wilson Audio Sophia II

@Work: ALAC > LaCie Rikiki 2.5" > DELL laptop > JDS LABS OBJECTIVEDAC (ODAC) > JDS LABS C421 > Sennheiser Momentum or Sennheiser HD650 or Sennheiser HD25

I'd still like to know if wgscott performed any subjective testing on his pricey pups (vs. well made, budget pups) before departing with his hard earned cash? He hasn't answered that one.

One of them (pictured in the avatar) had seizures, but is now on drugs.

Happy now?

One of them (pictured in the avatar) had seizures, but is now on drugs.

Happy now?

Very sorry! I thought they were pricey because they were pure breed, or from some special prized litter, or something like that.