IGNORED

This or that...

you led the way...but you weren't the summit

Cheers,

Bill

Mac Mini 2011, 60 gb SSD, 8gb ram; PureMusic & BitPerfect; Wavelength Audio Cosecant V3 DAC; Wireworld Silver Starlight usb interconnect; McIntosh C2200 preamp; pair of McIntosh MC252 SS amps run as monoblocks; vintage MC240 Tube amp and 50th Anniversary MC275 tube amps; Krell LAT-2\'s on Sound Anchors; JL Audio F112 subwoofer; Nirvana SX ltd interconnects and speaker cables and power cords; PS Audio P5

• 2 weeks later...

Restart:

Rosanne Cash or Alison Krauss?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Raconteurs

Leonard Cohen or... wait... 'got nothing.

You two men go that way...

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.

Emmylou Harris

Cal Tjader or Milt Jackson?

Mark B - 70's Audiophile Dinosaur - Mac Mini 2.3 i5 Lion - Dual RAID-1 LaCie 2big Quadra 2TB - - Burson DA160 - Audioquest Forest USB - Stock Burson interconnects - Jolida JD202BRC - 12 gauge zip with banana plugs - Mordaunt-Short Carnival 2s'

Back to Emmylou - In my (and her) younger years, I would have paid good money to sit up front at one of her concerts even if I were stone deaf.

OK, Mark P, this one's for you, but others can answer:

Handel's Water Music, Christopher Hogwood or Jordi Savall?

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Sonny Rollins

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

Wondering if you've heard the Savall. I think you might like it. (Whether more or less than the Hogwood is not something I'm actually that much interested in. There's a lot of very, very good Savall, and music you already enjoy may be a nice intro to him.)

• 1 month later...