• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

42 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

I once saw Richter live, playing Chopin and Scriabin. A memorable experience. 

I envy jou.. Richter got me hooked on Bach (WTK, my desert island disc).  You are familiar with the the Bruno Monsaigeon doc " Richter The Enigma" ? If you like Richter, is well worth checking out.

I know that feeling.. I have nine versions in my library, I know I do not like Levitt, I like Hewitt (I), Perahia and Janssen, but they do not " touch" me. Cannot stand Gould.

You should try Koroliov and Dershavina (obscure, you said ?).

Just listened to the Rateliff-album. Dunno.. (but hey, that's the nice thing about this thread, enjoying new music). The Wolfgang Haffner album is nice indeed.

Happy listening, cheers!

IMG_0425.JPG

Yo,

Appreciate your answer! Rana and Tharaud (just bought his Scarlatti) are on my " greed"-list. Must check out the others. Understand your opinion on Gould, Fascinating man, great musician (I own quite a lot of his Bach, he (his recordings) introduced me to this wonderful music, but for some reason, he is not my first choice, don't know why). 

Which Schiff are you referring to? The Decca recording, or the ECM? Never heard the Decca, but the ECM is pretty good (IHMO, YMMV, etc., etc., ..).

BTW, you know Richter and Garilov recorded Händel's keyboard suites? Why do you think Richters was clueless?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...