Playing this album through the house at the moment and my wife had an interesting comment on the music. She said this sounds like, if the Indigo Girls played Blues.

It is a new release on Qobuz and this is the first time I have listened to it. Not sure if I like it yet.

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 4.24.17 PM.png

No electron left behind.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it's evening here, so I can post this. Jill Barber is one of my favorite artists. She is Canadian, sings beautifully, and I adore her voice, it has a gentleness that is, to me, very appealing and beautiful. She has a good musical sensibility also. This album is in French. not knowing any French does not detract from my enjoyment of it one bit. It starts a bit pop-ish, but then you get halfway through it and it becomes a gorgeous album, highlighted by a beautiful cover of Leonard Cohen's Suzanne, in French.

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 5.21.29 PM.png

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, warp2600 said:

@AudioDoctor Thanx. Certainly, I know of the general reply box, but I wanted to reply to a specific post in a way that the poster could get notified just like on other similar forum sites. But I don't want to derail the discussion about the album of the evening. 

On topic: yesterday I was listening to that new Schubert release on Pentatone over and over again. I was glued to the listening chair. It was THAT good especially the Unfinished symphony. By the way, you can listen to the whole album on NativeDSD if you click on the sample play buttons. (Probably an error, but that's how it is).

That would be the quote button. Also, when trying to use the mention function, you need to @warp2600 click on their name in the list that pops up.

No electron left behind.

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Now you are stealing my thoughts. Absolutely incredible album and artist. This was one of the three greatest and most important albums of the 80's. Kate's creativity and brilliance were absolutely stunning! 

She recently hit the pop charts again and I was confused so I had to google why. Apparently the show Stranger Things used Running Up That Hill in an episode and all the kids rediscovered her.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...