Dessa

A Badly Broken Code

202944.jpg

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6730[/ATTACH]

Some records of "lesser-known" (the Sixth is Bax's best-known symphony) repertoire are so perfect in every way, being an audiophile is the closest one is ever going to get to hearing a definitive performance (literally - I have yet to hear any Bax performed in our neck of the woods). To me a great part of what makes this "hobby" so rewarding.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

I love this recording. All the old Lyritas are simply succulent, but this particular one is the cream of the crop IMO. Have you heard the 2nd & 5th on Lyrita?

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6793[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous album. Perfect for a late night listening. Perhaps a little underrated in the Coltrane opus.

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

Tarnation_Mirador.jpg

Tarnation - Mirador

beautiful folk-rock songs by Paula Frazer. Dreamy. Another fantastic record cover by Vaughan Oliver (4AD records)

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

I love this recording. All the old Lyritas are simply succulent, but this particular one is the cream of the crop IMO. Have you heard the 2nd & 5th on Lyrita?

Yes! Incidentally listened to that disc (my XLD rip thereof) last night:

aba7c27a02a00a41414b7110.L.jpg

Speaking of cream of the crop, while the Bax 6th is among the top handful, also consider these:

Moeran_srcd247.jpg

Arnold_dances.jpg

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Hello,

I've found this one like the lost pearl! It's a special recordings in true 24/96 specs:

Mike Mainieri Northern Lights Live from Rainbow Studio(24Bit96Khz) by Mike Mainieri Northern Lights | GubeMusic

SHOP-FILE-66732.jpg

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Weekend - Jinx

Weekend-Jinx_zps6a26951c.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Weekend - Jinx

Weekend-Jinx_zps6a26951c.jpg

I didn't know this band. Sounds interesting. Thank you!

On a hot evening in Madrid (Spain), Now listening...

45723_350.jpg

Drunk - A derby Spiritual (Jagjaguwar, 1997)

From Virginia, intense folk songs...

I didn't know this band. Sounds interesting. Thank you!

Happy to help.

Have you received your Blade Runner soundtrack? Curious what you think about it.

Cheers, Blake

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Happy to help.

Have you received your Blade Runner soundtrack? Curious what you think about it.

Cheers, Blake

Blake, I received it yesterday. I have only listen to a part of it, but I can say that it sounds pretty cool...and contemporary. A good acquisition. The SQ is outstanding.

best regards,

Oscar

Mexican Institute of Sound - MIS

Politico

Download from bandcamp $7.00 - Politico | Chusma Records

CS2053843-02A-BIG.jpg

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

David,

I had the Moeran in vinyl but not digital. Never heard the Arnold dances on Lyrita. I will have to track them down. I have all the Arnold symphonies on Naxos with David Lloyd Jones. I consider them very well done.

Regards from Nebraska where it is broiling.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

002785cd_medium.jpeg

Blade Runner OST - Audio Fidelity SACD edition. XLDrip of redbook layer

ijTWrY.jpg

XLDrip of the Keepnews edition CD

2 good records recommended in this forum. Thank you Richard, thank you Blake.

Good weekend.

Oscar

Ensemble Pearl

I bought this album last night after readying oscarnr's post a page back - and listening to it now - wow. This is very cool. Kind of reminds me of early Pink Floyd (Ummagumma / Obscured by Clouds etc).

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin

TheHaxanCloak5_zps0eedcafd.jpg

Ensemble Pearl

I bought this album last night after readying oscarnr's post a page back - and listening to it now - wow. This is very cool. Kind of reminds me of early Pink Floyd (Ummagumma / Obscured by Clouds etc).

Glad you enjoy it. It is a kind of heavy, dark stuff, but in a good way ;-) I didn't think in Pink Floyd whilst listening but, yes, it goes also in that way.

Oscar

TheHaxanCloak5_zps0eedcafd.jpg

I have been a little ambivalent with this dark wave electronic artists/bands that appeared in the last years (Raime, Haxan Cloak, some Blackest ever black label bands, etc). I like some parts of their works, but as a whole they leave me cold (I can´t explain it better). From Raime, I like very much their Hennail EP, but the album did not convince me. Last week I finally bought Excavation. It has been in my mind for a time, but I have postponed it. When I listened to it, I wasn´t disappointed, but I doubt it will stay near any of my playlists near soon.

Best regards

Oscar

Hey Oscar, I think we seem to have somewhat similar musical tastes. I do think that some of the artists on labels like Blackest Ever Black, Hospital Productions, Tri Angle, etc. can be polarizing. You either like it or you don't. Like you, some of the artists just don't do it for me, while others, I love. I think Excavation is one of the best of this genre and I love it.

Having said that, I have recommended it to a few members here on CA and I don't believe anyone else shared my enthusiasm. But I can honestly say it does not bother me or influence me in the slightest if others don't share my views. I do have to be in the mood for albums like this, but when I am in the mood, it really hits the spot. I view it kind of like an antidote if I have been listening to quite a bit of more upbeat music and need to change things up.

I have also learned of some new artists from your posts and even purchased several albums as a result of your posts (Jerry Moore, and These New Puritans immediately come to mind, if memory serves), so please keep up the good work.

Regards, Blake

Hey Oscar, I think we seem to have somewhat similar musical tastes. I do think that some of the artists on labels like Blackest Ever Black, Hospital Productions, Tri Angle, etc. can be polarizing. You either like it or you don't. Like you, some of the artists just don't do it for me, while others, I love. I think Excavation is one of the best of this genre and I love it.

Having said that, I have recommended it to a few members here on CA and I don't believe anyone else shared my enthusiasm. But I can honestly say it does not bother me or influence me in the slightest if others don't share my views. I do have to be in the mood for albums like this, but when I am in the mood, it really hits the spot. I view it kind of like an antidote if I have been listening to quite a bit of more upbeat music and need to change things up.

I have also learned of some new artists from your posts and even purchased several albums as a result of your posts (Jerry Moore, and These New Puritans immediately come to mind, if memory serves), so please keep up the good work.

Regards, Blake

Hi Blake. I totally agree with you. Some of these albums need an special mood to have sense/to be enjoyed. I change the kind of music I listen from day to day (today I have listen to Blade runner OST-Bags meets Wes!-Congo Natty-Paul Simon-Tarnation, Drunk...I'm on holidays ;-), and some days I need some dark-very dark stuff. I also agree that this Excavation could be one of the best of the genre, and worth some time to listen to. Time will tell...

I enjoy very much this musical sharings. I have discovered albums that I totally ignore, and other that have heard of but not listen.

Best regards

Oscar