20 hours ago, rando said:

On top of enjoying revisiting this album it was among the very few electronic releases I've listened to with double digit score (DR10).  

Ellen-Allien-and-Apparat-Orchestra-of-Bu

Thanks for the post - I am not all that enamored with this particular album but I found a couple by Apparat that went into the bookmarks...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Yeah, her  Linn albums sound just great!

If you like electric Miles guys you will pprobably like my AotE:

a4101342577_10.jpg

https://dinosaurband.bandcamp.com/album/together-as-one

+1 

This album is a regular in my rotation - mixes Jazz (like you said, of the eletric Miles variety) with a bit of electronica but in that Euro sort of way without being too dour.

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Nothing that needs to be discussed publicly, but I will say @NativeDSD.com have incredible customer service.

In the past I have had some "technical" questions as well and they were very straightforward about what they did and did not know.  I give them a thumbs up as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 10:50 AM, christopher3393 said:

Monteverdi: Vespro della beata Vergine (1610)

La Compagnia del Madrigale, Cantica Symphonia, La Pifarescha, Giuseppe Maletto

8424562228078.thumb.jpg.48a0c4e858e2a9bb231d7c4579628c19.jpg

https://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/classical/products/8303921--monteverdi-vespro-della-beata-vergine-1610

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

Wow, this sounds good (streaming from Tidal).  I am currently sporting my new HE4XX's, so maybe they are skewing my impressions but this recording and music is really nice...

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

The quartet, electronics and Laurie's voice blend seamlessly. A fantastic album IMO!

MI0004382997.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

24-44 from Qobuz:

https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/landfall-laurie-anderson-kronos-quartet/0075597933864

Tried a couple of selections on Tidal a few days ago but did not give it enough time.

Now most of the way through and I am glad I did.  I am not that into "spoken voice" but the music is subdued and draws you in...

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2018 at 4:20 PM, accwai said:

Heinrich Schütz: Lukas-Passion

Ars Nova Copenhagen, Paul Hillier

51lOrq1IxAL._SL300_.jpg

Now all three of Schütz passions have made appearance in this thread...

Streaming on Tidal now, hitting the spot....somehow is meshing with my 4 year olds chatter 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow this is crazy. I had an itch to post to this thread tonight and I’m listening to the same album I kicked the thread off with. 

Boston. 

7D0C6F21-7911-4F4D-97C0-F22F3D3B3A02.jpeg

50210149-AD14-4625-B354-41BA96C45B70.png

I decided to join you this evening, streaming on Tidal right now as I don't own very much classic rock at all.  You know, I am not sure I have played this album in 20 or so years.  I am pleasantly surprised my high end/resolving HP rig is not butchering it.  "all I want is to have my peace of mind"  LOL!

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Brad Delp’s vocals are amazing. 

Yep, everything in the mix is sounds good - obviously well recorded/engineered originally. I am playing it at higher SPL than I should but it sounds real clear and distortion free.  The low distortion Focal Clear HP's am using help of course.  Everything is "right there" in the mix,  it is a bit bright, and everything is "forward" in that wall of sound sort of way - wish there was some nuance to the mix but it was mixed for playback in cars first and foremost no doubt...

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

FWIW, check the dynamic range measurements of Currentzis' T6 and M6 (is there a pattern?) against the competition and it is apparent that they are highly compressed like the worst of pop recordings.

What were the numbers?  As someone who thinks there is too much dynamic range in many classical recordings (i.e. more than a typical live performance) I welcome a bit of trending in this direction, but of course would not want it to move all the way to "the worst of pop recordings"...

On 10/28/2018 at 3:06 PM, WAM said:

Some gorgeous Sunday evening listening:

sahara.jpg

I would not normally ask, but since several others liked this album, what does this cover say...I can't begin to read it.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Daccord said:

She's great! Unfortunately the trio is not. The bass player in particular defines tedious.

I Streamed this album on Tidal at 16/44.  The bass player is more forward/louder in the mix than I would expect and I agree his playing can be described as "tedious", but then I am not sure this is anything but normal when backing vocal jazz (which is not really my cup of tea).  Still, I enjoyed Nora's singing and particular take on the covers.

Tycho's latest, Epoch.  With roots in a low-fi'ish "garage" electronic scene, most of Tycho's work is not true "audiophile" quality.  I generally listen to them over bluetooth when working out, but Epoch is sounding good (if not great) through the hi-fi...

Tycho - Epoch.jpg

1 hour ago, Hugo9000 said:

Thank you, @accwai  :(  I don't have a huge number of his recordings, but his Beethoven Symphony cycle is my favorite overall, edging out Gardiner's for me.

Well, I went with this this evening - started with #1 and expected to move on and "browse" but it became the music of the evening.  Tidal says released in 1997 but they recorded in the 80's right?  Recording seems a little bright...

Beethoven: The Symphonies

I don't know when Peter Gabriel's stuff appeared on Tidal.  I thought he was one of the artists who were anti-stream and had the rights to enforce it.  In any case, I am enjoying this:

Passion: Music for The Last Temptation of Christ

Passion Cover Artwork.jpg