After many long hours at work, needing to blow off some steam:

It started dark....

KillingJoke-MMXII_zpsf124ba08.png

I love Killing Joke. Do you like this album better than Absolute Dissent?

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Absolute Dissent is very good. I like MMXII just a bit more.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Life and Breath: Choral Works by Rene Clausen XLD conversion Hybrid SACD to AIFF. Excellent SQ

Rene Clausen Life and Breath.jpg

Anúna: Invocation XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent SQ.

Anuna Invocation.jpg

Barbra Streisand: Classical Barbra XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Very good SQ.

Barbra Streisand Classical Barbra.jpg

Rosemary Clooney: With Love XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent in all categories.

Rosemary Clooney With Love.jpg

Aaron Neville: My True Story HDtracks DL 192/24. Excellent all around.

Aaron Neville My True Story.jpg

Accompaniment for hours on the massage table.

Best,

Richard

Two new discoveries thanks to having subscribed to TAS electronically:

Wayne Shorter: Without a Net

MI0003480848.jpg

Wayne's brand new (Feb 13) first album on Blue Note after 4 decades, given that I'm a great Shorter fan, I was expecting a lot. And well, feelings a are bit mixed. A great opus, very well recorded (from his 2011 live tour in Europe), but sometimes a simple mind like me needs a melody. But maybe that's just me.

Followed by a musician I didn't know: Chris Potter. Need to investigate more, but just listening to his 2001 album Gratitude, which really is great, lots of energy.

images.jpeg

Laura Fygi: Song Book: 20 Jazz Greatest Hits XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Very very good SQ.

Laura Fygi Song Book.jpg

Leon Russell: Leon Russell and The Shelter People HDtracks DL 192/24 to AIFF. Very good to excellent.

Leon Russell Leon Russell and the Shelter People.jpg

Willie Nelson: Stardust XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Very good.

Willie Nelson Stardust.jpg

Frank Sinatra: Nice 'n' Easy MFSL Gold CD conversion to AIFF. Superb.

More music Massage Table Listening,

Richard

Frank Sinatra Nice 'n' Easy.jpg

That is one extreme session, sir Richard.

Another vinyl rip, then it is hockey time.

One of the few things that occasionally comes between me & my music.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4268[/ATTACH]

In the ways that music and touch each provide healing frequencies and vibrations (while I believe your meaning of extreme refers to the number of inputs -- discs(?)) the action of receiving and giving is profound in that one who gives is also receiving and one receiving is also giving and the tuning (atunement) that takes place creates medicines/synergy that is also restorative.

These remedies (our recommendations of albums of the evening) we call attention to are, perhaps using my trope, prescriptions for healing and well-being.

Take two (or more) and call me in the morning,

Richard

Some great piano & bass sessions to continue:

Oscar Peterson and the Bassists - Montreux '77

1036073.jpg

So much fun to be had with both of Oscar's favorite Bass players, Ray Brown & Nils-Henning Oersted Petersen together.

Followed by:

Junior Mance: Softly As Un a Morning Sunrise

Ugly cover, great music

Unknown.jpeg