IGNORED

Introducing the Sonore opticalRendu Deluxe

11 hours ago, Superdad said:

The Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe.

Wow, that’s a mouthful of a name!

Reminds me of a classic muscle car I owned and restored 25 years ago, a 1966 Chevrolet whose full model name was Chevelle Malibu El Camino Deluxe. 
It was a screamer, not a streamer—but I wished I still had it.  Sold it to become Superdad…x-D

It was actually car inspired:) Those are cool cars…my mt biking buddies have a pair and everywhere we go they get looks and comments. 

11 hours ago, Superdad said:

The Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe.

Wow, that’s a mouthful of a name!

Clarifying things on the name. All the optical network in and USB audio output based units are named Signature Rendu SE on the front panel of the enclosure. The Deluxe part is only a designation on the data plate on the bottom of the unit so can track the current upgrade. 

Any news about the opticalrendu deluxe? Sold mine opticalrendu weeks ago and hope to buy the new opticalrendu...

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

Ok nice, how are the experiences? has the sound quality improved?

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

9 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Please refer to the top post for eligibility. 

I read that, but it seems to apply to recent purchases. I've had my optical rendu since 2021. Am I still eligible? 

Hello,

I just received my Optical Rendu de Luxe (with SGC generic FMC & SGC power supply) to replace my Zen Stream / SBooster combo and I have a few questions :

First, the Optical Rendu de Luxe has more details and I can hear more ‘nuances’ in the music. Instruments are also better defined. It is a better streamer. However, the sound is a bit ‘clinical’...and less ‘emotional’. Therefore, I was wondering :

1. Do you know if the OR needs some burn-in? It sounds a bit ‘cold’ (like an ‘un-burn’ Dac).
  2. I suspect the SBooster is a better power supply than the SGC one. If I buy a better ps (ex : Claudio ps on the Sonore site. Some are saying it is almost as good as the Sonore one. Is it?), will it help for the ‘clinical sound’?
  3. Do you think an Optical module (instead of the generic FMC) can help that aspect? In my mind, it should not as it is on the dirty side but I was wondering.

To be clear, I do not look for more details (the OR has plenty) but for a ‘warmer’ sound (with the details / nuances of the OR, it would be fantastic).

Thanks.

PS English is not my first language

8 hours ago, Guy M said:

Hello,

I just received my Optical Rendu de Luxe (with SGC generic FMC & SGC power supply) to replace my Zen Stream / SBooster combo and I have a few questions :

First, the Optical Rendu de Luxe has more details and I can hear more ‘nuances’ in the music. Instruments are also better defined. It is a better streamer. However, the sound is a bit ‘clinical’...and less ‘emotional’. Therefore, I was wondering :

1. Do you know if the OR needs some burn-in? It sounds a bit ‘cold’ (like an ‘un-burn’ Dac).
  2. I suspect the SBooster is a better power supply than the SGC one. If I buy a better ps (ex : Claudio ps on the Sonore site. Some are saying it is almost as good as the Sonore one. Is it?), will it help for the ‘clinical sound’?
  3. Do you think an Optical module (instead of the generic FMC) can help that aspect? In my mind, it should not as it is on the dirty side but I was wondering.

To be clear, I do not look for more details (the OR has plenty) but for a ‘warmer’ sound (with the details / nuances of the OR, it would be fantastic).

Thanks.

PS English is not my first language

1. For burn in you can run high sample rate DSD though the unit in a loop. This will get the cpu cycles up and heat the board. 

2. I spoke with Andrew at SGC early last week and explained that their power supply does not have the type of synergy that the opticalRendu Deluxe will need and that our customers will demand. The opticalRendu Deluxe is exceptionlly good and it needs a power supply that is comparable. I consider the SGC power supply a starter supply that should be replaced with a higher quality unit as soon as possible. I recommend that purchase a Sonore power supply or use the SBoster power supply. With the SBoster power supply use 6 VDC or 7 VDC. I do not recommend 9 VDC as the unit will run very hot. Do not use any voltage higher than 9 VDC.

3. I use the opticalModule Deluxe in combination and all testing here is done in combination. The SGC power supply or the CIA power supply would be appropriate.  

There is no magic dial to increase and decrease detail or warmth. What we are trying to do is accurately stream the audio without adding noise so the next device can properly do its job. The power supply plays a huge role and it sounds like you are on the right track looking for a better one.     

I posted some thoughts on the new opticalRendu Deluxe in the Signature Rendu SE Deluxe thread:

I have to disagree with Jesus here on his comment "there is no magic dial to increase and decrease detail or warmth."  The cool thing about the audio hobby is that there are plenty of ways to change tonal balance more to one's liking. 

Pretty much time I've upgraded a component that is more resolving and neutral and dynamic, I've had to make some other change to my system to regain my preferred tonal balance. 

Guy says:

<<To be clear, I do not look for more details (the OR has plenty) but for a ‘warmer’ sound (with the details / nuances of the OR, it would be fantastic).>>

That is exactly one of the fun challenges of the audio hobby.  Achieve more resolution but maintain realistic tone.

There are lots of ways to do it without getting new speakers or headphones:

* Better power supply with a touch of warmth as Jesus says.

* New power cord on that power supply.

* New fuse for the power supply with a bit of warmth.  Like a Synergistic Purple (or the new Pink?  not sure)

* New power cord and/or fuse on the DAC

* Warmer fiber optics cable like the Cisco 10Gb SFP+ AOC.

* Use EQ and Phase correction.  It's a very powerful tool to get one's preferred frequency balance.  I recommend Audiolense.  It's a big project, though. :). It can save a lot of money on "tonal angst" - for example, changing treble response by 0.5 db is often a stronger effect than an expensive power cord.

* Etc., etc.  as one goes up the chain

My system here

3 minutes ago, BCRich said:

I think his comment meant as far as design/build is concerned. We all know Power Supplies and/or Cables can tweak the overall presentation.

Didn't John Swenson wave his magic dial around and increase the resolution via a new design?

My system here

For the record

From a hardware design process point of view there is never a conversation about dialing in the stream for some desired treble, mid-base, base or anything in-between. Doing this would be disingenuous. BTW We have been wrongfully accused of doing this in the past:)

Thanks for your comments / help  Therefore,

1. I will run a playlist ‘non-stop’ for the next 1-2 weeks (I was not aware burn-in was also needed for a streamer).
  2. Afterwards, seems I will have to look for a better ps (and perhaps an optical module) as I can’t use my SBooster (it is 12V).

Thanks again…

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

No “waving” at all. Just very focused and technical engineering refinements!

Exactly was the point I was trying to make by bringing up the electrical engineer designer.  There is a magic dial for digital audio but the magic is all about science and engineering.

It sounds like some magic will be incorporated into some future Uptone projects -- that's cool!

My system here