IGNORED

Jeff Beck 1944-2023

I have just finished listening to my 4th JB album today.     This one was Emotion and Commotion.     

Lilac Wine with Imelda May - Honestly it wasn't a tear, I just had some dust in my eye.     Life sucks at times like this.    

Dave Gilmour had better live atleast a week after I'm gone, or else I'll be really p155ed off.

Regards Cazzesman

Well that can happen when you are older,  a quick illness and you are gone.  Sad. And he was still releasing good stuff.

Time to pull out my favorites: Truth and Blow by Blow. And some others, from recent times back to the Yardbirds.

I did get to see him twice: once in the band with Jan Hammer and once a few years ago in his more recent trio band.

Loved his playing. I actually met a guy once who was the brother of Max Middleton, Beck's oft times keyboard player. He told some great stories about the Yardbirds coming over to his house to practice....

JB's only real limitation was that he wasn't a great songwriter, and needed the right material to really shine. 

But Truth and Blow by Blow are way up there on my all time favorites list. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

He's never got commercial, like some other 'guitar gods', he seemed to have remained a normal person without a shadow of stardom which isn't a rule, even on his weaker albums there is always something interesting and usually at least one great blues piece, probably his only competition as for finger picking on electric guitar was Mark Knopfler..

Will surely miss him.

2 hours ago, audiobomber said:

Live At Ronnie Scott's is my favourite video, really shows Jeff Beck off, as a person and a transcendent master of electric guitar. 

My album of the evening.