IGNORED

Article: JPLAY for iOS Is Now Available

23 hours ago, Apollo said:

Is there someone who has been able to succesfully send a logfile to Marcin?

If, would you be willing to share how?

On the Log screen, I can check the Log box, but I cannot press anything else, not clickable.

I installed Jplay for IOs on an iPhone 7 running IOS 15.7.2.  On the iPhone I can send logfiles (Hurray).  I cannot delete logfiles.

On my iPad Pro 11" running iPadOS 15.7.2 I can NOT send (nor delete) logfiesl.

Dirk

P.S. reported to Marcin by email as well.

16 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

They are not missing - these are under Artists -> Focus (Role Type)

Focus > Artists > Role Type only works on the Qobuz Artists I have favorited, which is only 30. That, and the many more options for Classical music, which I am sure give everyone making this kind of software, headaches, should be available to my local library as well so I can take advantage of the meticulous tagging I have done over the years.

My opinion of course.

Also, should volume control work with HQPe to adjust volume in real time?

No electron left behind.

10 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Focus > Artists > Role Type only works on the Qobuz Artists I have favorited, which is only 30. That, and the many more options for Classical music, which I am sure give everyone making this kind of software, headaches, should be available to my local library as well so I can take advantage of the meticulous tagging I have done over the years.

My opinion of course.

Also, should volume control work with HQPe to adjust volume in real time?

Yes, we will probably broaden the Artist section to include all local artists, not just favorite. 

Regarding volume, it depends how it's implemented on HQPe side. 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On 12/15/2022 at 10:57 AM, Marcin_gps said:

Sebastian, can you please activate logs in the settings section of the app, then unselect and select Linn streamer again and open renderer settings (wheel icon next to your Linn). Then send us the logs. It should give us some useful information. Thanks

Best regards,
Marcin

Hi , ok done. Here we go.

Btw volume control does really not work at my side. 

Seems that the sound is indeed better with increased Update time. 
why not using 100 as default?
regards

Sebastian

logFile.txt

14 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Does that mean how I have the volume set up in HQPe settings page, or how it works in general in HQPe?

In general on HQPe renderer side

12 hours ago, Sebabe said:

Hi , ok done. Here we go.

Btw volume control does really not work at my side. 

Seems that the sound is indeed better with increased Update time. 
why not using 100 as default?
regards

Sebastian

logFile.txt 45.75 kB · 3 downloads

thanks! 

we’ll see about higher default value. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

1 hour ago, Marcin_gps said:

It’s a polling interval. 

if you kill the app it will stop playback at the end of a track. 

Thanks.

About play now queue and playlists 

as I can understand the play now queue cannot be available across different devices due to the app design, but it would be fine to share the playlists across devices using iCloud 

Stefano

My audio system

On 12/17/2022 at 10:11 AM, stefano_mbp said:

@Marcin_gps … maybe you missed this 

I did not miss that

On 12/17/2022 at 10:29 AM, stefano_mbp said:

Thanks.

About play now queue and playlists 

as I can understand the play now queue cannot be available across different devices due to the app design, but it would be fine to share the playlists across devices using iCloud 

Can you please elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

Just spent a morning playing with this.  On the plus side sees and works with my sources  and output devices and does sound good ( although I don’t necessarily understand how a control point can affect SQ).

On the minus side, playing new tracks “from here” seems to fall over unless you clear an existing playlist first.  But for me, the real dealbreaker is not being able to browse and play by file location.  While there is a folder option in the JPLAY app, that seems to only concern folders that are also tagged as an album. I appreciate my needs may be not as intended for DLNA in that I am using JRiver as the server, with my music in a meaningful folder/file structure (ie one folder per CD etc)  but with the majority not being consistently tagged, other than with the file path and name of folder and files.  However, with JRemote as my usual control point, I can configure this to display my library by folder/subfolder/filename and for the most part this works well.  

I appreciate that JRemote is not a DLNA  control point but rather a remote for JRiver which in turn may be outputting via DLNA. 

7 minutes ago, Norton said:

Just spent a morning playing with this.  On the plus side sees and works with my sources  and output devices and does sound good ( although I don’t necessarily understand how a control point can affect SQ).

On the minus side, playing new tracks “from here” seems to fall over unless you clear an existing playlist first.  But for me, the real dealbreaker is not being able to browse and play by file location.  While there is a folder option in the JPLAY app, that seems to only concern folders that are also tagged as an album. I appreciate my needs may be not as intended for DLNA in that I am using JRiver as the server, with my music in a meaningful folder/file structure (ie one folder per CD etc)  but with the majority not being consistently tagged, other than with the file path and name of folder and files.  However, with JRemote as my usual control point, I can configure this to display my library by folder/subfolder/filename and for the most part this works well.  

I appreciate that JRemote is not a DLNA  control point but rather a remote for JRiver which in turn may be outputting via DLNA. 

Folder view is exactly what you are describing, but it seems that JRiver DLNA server does not support it? 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

10 minutes ago, Marcin_gps said:

Folder view is exactly what you are describing, but it seems that JRiver DLNA server does not support it? 

well it supports it in that every file is tagged in its DB with filepath and filename, there is a file view within JRiver desktop and (as I do) you can browse by folder/filename with JRemote, once so configured from within JRiver.  Perhaps though JRiver does not expose all DB fields to 3rd party control points, or I am missing a separate setup stage within JRiver?