IGNORED

Article: JPLAY for iOS Is Now Available

Now that my library problems are over, I am struggling quite a bit with playback.

The biggest issue is  "Error sending action to renderer"  .

Any idea where I have to check/correct toavoid this issue?

Config:

Synology NAS running Minimserver 2.1.2 update 220 --> HQPlayerEmbedded on Pinkfaun server 2.16 (running Audiolinux)

I can play in this configuration using Fidata as contol app on my Android phone without issues (but that does not support streaming services)

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

Now that my library problems are over, I am struggling quite a bit with playback.

The biggest issue is  "Error sending action to renderer"  .

Any idea where I have to check/correct toavoid this issue?

Config:

Synology NAS running Minimserver 2.1.2 update 220 --> HQPlayerEmbedded on Pinkfaun server 2.16 (running Audiolinux)

I can play in this configuration using Fidata as contol app on my Android phone without issues (but that does not support streaming services)

Did you try any of these options?

3CA3B5C1-AA70-483D-ADC5-B232E5E5EE5E.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

17 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

and reasonable expectations

I must say that it is thanks to you that the expectations were very high, thanks to your glowing review, unfortunately it is difficult for me to understand how you have not encountered the problems I am/we are detecting.

The most incredible thing is that the big flaws are in the core features and not secondary / ancillary features.
This is especially concerning for such a high-cost app.

Stefano

My audio system

6 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

in fact that's exactly what I'm doing by reporting bugs I’m finding 

Perhaps we have cultural differences. I think it really matters how something is said, not just what is said. In addition, setting reasonable expectations is something I believe in. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, stefano_mbp said:

I must say that it is thanks to you that the expectations were very high, thanks to your glowing review, unfortunately it is difficult for me to understand how you have not encountered the problems I am/we are detecting.

The most incredible thing is that the big flaws are in the core features and not secondary / ancillary features.
This is especially concerning for such a high-cost app.

You said, “I’m using a quite complex Minimserver configuration.” 

Do you now understand why you may be running into issues that I’ve shown you I don’t have?

Just now, stefano_mbp said:

Yes, but it is fully compliant with upnp and other apps like Linn, Kazoo, MConnect and Lumïn don’t have any issue with it

Two things. 
1. The Lumin app has been in development for 10 years. 
2. UPnP is the most non-standard standard. You know this. 

If I remember correctly, last time I tried the Linn app, it was locked to Linn hardware. There are reasons for this, and one is that supporting UPnP devices is extremely difficult because the standard is only a suggestion, not a requirement. 

4 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

These are my Minimserver settings, quite complex but nothing else.

Do you see the disconnect in your statement? Quite complex but nothing else? What does that mean?

4 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Any feature I’m using is described in the Minimserver user guide

If it’s in the user guide that means what?

Just feelings... I tried JPLAY Femto and when I read that there will be (according to the review excellent) a native JPLAY application for iOS, I bought a license for JPLAY Femto, WIN 10 LTSC, Fidelizer 8.9, AO3 and suffered with mConnectHD. The expectations were not fulfilled at all, for me, with the predominance of classical music, the application is unusable, in addition, the playback crashes every now and then ... sadness

I already hate the message "Error sending action to renderer" that I see every now and then and I don't play unless I reset the audioPC. And yes, I tried different settings JPLAY Femto Update time, Safe transition mode etc.

23 minutes ago, PavelDosko said:

Just feelings... I tried JPLAY Femto and when I read that there will be (according to the review excellent) a native JPLAY application for iOS, I bought a license for JPLAY Femto, WIN 10 LTSC, Fidelizer 8.9, AO3 and suffered with mConnectHD. The expectations were not fulfilled at all, for me, with the predominance of classical music, the application is unusable, in addition, the playback crashes every now and then ... sadness

I already hate the message "Error sending action to renderer" that I see every now and then and I don't play unless I reset the audioPC. And yes, I tried different settings JPLAY Femto Update time, Safe transition mode etc.

It seems that your JPLAY FEMTO (On Windows) settings are not stable, hence the issues you're experiencing. If you send me a screenshot of your JPLAY settings panel via PM, I'll try to recommend a solution

On other topics:

1. Light theme will be in the next release (in few days).
2. My artists only show favorites. 
3. Increase update time in settings will impact sound quality in a positive way. 
4. To change between ascending and descending is a matter of click in the option again. Imagine that you are sorting by "Release Date", and current order is ascending, if you click on "Release Date" again it will change to descending. We will add a visual hint in a next release.

5. It's possible to switch the view between list and grid -> the option is in the upper-right corner

6. If after installation the app does not find output device (renderer), please restart phone. 

7.  If someone is getting errors sending actions to renderer, especially hqplayer embedded, please use Safe transition mode. and or "Force Stop Before Play".

I think that some of you are used to old apps and expect JPLAY app will work work the same. We are trying sth different here and I'm sure that if you spend few days with the app, you are going to discover a lot of benefits that may not be obvious at first glance. 

@stefano_mbpif you can send me the album with multiple artists, we wil figure it out.

I will come back on Monday

Have a great weekend! 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

2 minutes ago, jrobbins50 said:

@The Computer Audiophile, I would like to stand back from the weeds here and ask:  for Roon/HQP users like me, is there any particular reason to prefer the JPlay arrangement here over my existing configuration?  Just trying to understand if this should properly be viewed as a sound quality/ control alternative or as an improvement?  Thanks. JCR 

Tough questions to answer for others :~)

I see it as a great alternative to Roon.

For people who only stream, the only requirement is the app. For those with local content, a UPnP server is required, but that can run on nearly anything from a Raspberry Pi to NAS etc…

In your situation, you’d have to run HQP embedded, to use the UPnP renderer built into that OS, so you can use convolution. 

I approached Simon at Minim about working with someone like Mitch to get Hang Loose Convolver to work in MinimServer, but I don’t believe it was of interest to him. 

8 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

… but ID3v2.4 tag format specification has nothing to do with upnp.

According to these specs Artist tag is a multi-item tag and Minimserver manage it in the right way, not the same, as we can see, for JPlay app

Usually app developers have to implement endless workarounds to make this stuff work. I’m only going by what I know from talking to them for 15 years. If this was all standard, all the apps would work great with all of this.