IGNORED

Expectation Bias

kennyb123

10 hours ago, Confused said:

I am not sure he is following your methodology though .....

image.png.43e3490c88a0736814b489c6c559dac7.png

Yes, sorting that most likely will help - and I am serious.

Try thinking about this ... the aim is to get from a start to a finish line, in a car, in a certain time frame: one method is to get an ordinary vehicle, and do absolutely nothing to it but drop an enormous engine in it, with turbochargers, etc, galore; just make the engine bigger, until eventually it gets the job done. Then, another method is to to refine the whole vehicle, without changing the engine; keep working on those areas which prevent the car from being able to accelerate fast enough - in the end, that car also gets a tick. David uses more of the former method; I use mostly the second approach ...

10 hours ago, kumakuma said:

In my experience, very few audiophiles hold either of the extreme positions that you have outlined above.

All of the members who are negative to what I'm saying have expressed the attitudes in the first set of points at some stage - a classic is GIGO; whenever a recording doesn't sound good, then that's the first 'line of defence', :) ...

13 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Actually, the fun thing to do would be to have access to the rigs of some of you people, for a day or so, and work out some of the easy to fix, obvious bottlenecks to getting better SQ from them ... of course, I wouldn't get any thanks for doing this, x-D.

I would probably fix things by tossing the Edifiers in the first place. They were built to a price point, OK for what they are but no great shakes. There are better out there for the coin.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

24 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Actually, the fun thing to do would be to have access to the rigs of some of you people, for a day or so, and work out some of the easy to fix, obvious bottlenecks to getting better SQ from them ... of course, I wouldn't get any thanks for doing this, x-D.

I think having access to your setup first for all us novices would be the best start. All might have a baseline to run from...... Maybe we can teach you something about audio reproduction.

27 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I would probably fix things by tossing the Edifiers in the first place. They were built to a price point, OK for what they are but no great shakes. There are better out there for the coin.

Let's see now ... right, that's

The trail that most audiophiles follow:

• The best systems just keep getting better and better, the more money is poured in
16 minutes ago, Racerxnet said:

I think having access to your setup first for all us novices would be the best start. All might have a baseline to run from...... Maybe we can teach you something about audio reproduction.

and that's more along the line of

The trail that most audiophiles follow:

• Only extreme levels of fiddling with the room can extract the best from a system or recordings, because playback of recordings is such a flawed, fragile mechanism

59 minutes ago, fas42 said:

All of the members who are negative to what I'm saying have expressed the attitudes in the first set of points at some stage - a classic is GIGO; whenever a recording doesn't sound good, then that's the first 'line of defence', :) ...

No, Frank, you are exaggerating and misrepresenting the views of others.

Folks here have said that they have some recordings in their collection which are flawed and have expressed doubt that your methods will be able to "debug" such recordings.

You have turned that into this:

Most recordings are just OK, or mediocre. Only a special few are really worthy of being played on the best systems.

In what universe are those the same?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

33 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

In what universe are those the same?

Right, so all those audiophile labels churning out "premium!!" masterings, those recording studios very specially set up to create "proper!!" captures of some piece, those people making some good coin by acquiring, and selling THE version which is "the best!", can all shut up shop, and go home ... because they are quite unnecessary?

2 minutes ago, Racerxnet said:

Come on Franky,

Show us the magic rig. Give us a taste of your secret sound sauce. 🤪 Invite us over for some samples from your collection. We would like to reciprocate your desires.

You can give me a phone call ... people who are tuned into this sort of thing can pick that there's something different, from normal stereo, in what you hear ... :D.

Pictures or it doesn't exist.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Yes, it is not the picture file that is the issue, it is all the monitors.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

31 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

C'mon, Frank, it's just that your monitor is not sorted. There's no such thing as crap images, there are only crap monitors. Once you get above that threshold level, you can't tell the image from real.

Wonder if there are such things, as ... crap listeners ...

24 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Yes, it is not the picture file that is the issue, it is all the monitors.

Yep, I have to say how your face comes across on my screen is not particularly flattering ... you do realise, that smoking, in any form, is bad for your health?