IGNORED

Schiit LISST (Linear, integrated solid state tube) with

25 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I must say, these LISST "tubes" are prettier than Schiit's first go at LISST:

spacer.png

...and I have these in a Lyr 2 headphone amp.  The linearity is what I was after.

Understand these devices still need to put a load on the tube filament circuit and will get warm and waste a lot of power.

How does it sound?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll say it once.  

Anyone who names their company "Schiit", and then explains in Beavis and Butthead snickering, that yeah - that's what they really meant is not a company that I will ever take seriously.  

https://www.gearpatrol.com/tech/a519757/schiit-audio/#:~:text=Schiit Audio is pronounced just,the California-based audio brand.

Maybe it's just me, but grade school humour doesn't translate well into the world of electronic manufacturing.  I couldn't care less what their stuff sounds like, it's all Schiit to me.  

Good for you. 

Their approach, whether you like it or not, is quite successful.

The products are also good. Enjoy missing out. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

11 minutes ago, PeterG said:

Ironically, this is the logical equivalent to being swayed to buy by marketing BS instead of real costs and benefits.  You have been persuaded not to buy by marketing BS.  As a full line of products from a reliable company, these guys are probably the best bang for the buck in entry level audiophile electronics.  

My impression on the Freya + with the right tubes is entry level pricing but punches above its weight in performance.

Recieved the Lisst tubes but have had an issue with bass distortion on the right channel using them in an LTA MZ2. What listening I have been able to do

hasn't been pleasing, they are faster but the ease of a vacuum tube is lost, has that solid state edginess of an inexpensive amplifier. Results may differ

if using  traditional tube gear with big transformer vs the transformer-less design of the MZ2.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 minute ago, davide256 said:

Recieved the Lisst tubes but have had an issue with bass distortion on the right channel using them in an LTA MZ2. What listening I have been able to do

hasn't been pleasing, they are faster but the ease of a vacuum tube is lost, has that solid state edginess of an inexpensive amplifier. Results may differ

if using  traditional tube gear with big transformer vs the transformer-less design of the MZ2.

BTB @Samuel T Cogley what Schiit is advertising/selling a la carte is still the egg shaped original Lisst

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, davide256 said:

Thanks for your comment David, didn’t realize you are using the LISST with some other amp not Schiit. Not sure if that might be the reason for your issue though.

On 10/1/2022 at 10:04 AM, davide256 said:

Thanks.  I guess this is exactly what we should have expected