IGNORED

JCAT USB XE card not recognized / AMD motherboard server

hello

I have a problem with a Jcat USB Xe card that is not recognized on my server based on a MAG B550 Mortar/Ryzen 5700 G motherboard

Yesterday it worked perfectly on an external power supply, I tried the 2 5 Volts outputs with 2 different cables and nothing to do it does not detect the USB denafips driver for the DAC

on the other hand connected to another PC equipped with the same motherboard and with the molex plug no worries if I connect an external hard disk it is recognized

on the server that it is under windows 11, WServeur 2019 or 2022, same problem  😡

if you have an idea ???

cpasmoi

If you are saying powered from motherboard XE CARD  is not working but with external power yesterday it did work, it seems to me your motherboard provides not enough power and these cards need a lot I understand. 
if you have a Denafrips usb driver problem, does the driver work with (one of?) the onboard usb ports?

Hello

in fact it is the opposite, on the other PC, it is well recognized and works with the internal power supply

this morning I changed the PCI port and put it on the PCi express port linked to the CPU and with the external power supply, it is recognized

the mysteries of computing

I controlled the output, I have 4.9 Volt and 3 A which is more than enough because it recommends 1.5 A but with several returns to 2.5 or 3 A, it has more impact

cdt

cpasmoi

Hello

a Priori an update of the driver by Windows Update poses problem, I am in the search of the driver which goes well, that placed at the disposal on the site JCAT cannot be installed
I have switched to Windows 11 Pro 

I gave up Windows Server 2019 and 2022

thank you 

Cpasmoi

4 hours ago, cpasmoi said:

Hello

a Priori an update of the driver by Windows Update poses problem, I am in the search of the driver which goes well, that placed at the disposal on the site JCAT cannot be installed
I have switched to Windows 11 Pro 

I gave up Windows Server 2019 and 2022

thank you 

Cpasmoi

There is no need to install the driver - it is loaded automatically by OS. 

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

sometimes I need to power down both the DAC and the MB (and ULPS) to get the connection  going, be it that I'm using I2S which is a bit more finicky.

The PF card is known not to work with some CPU/OS combo's, suggest you get in touch with Rhenen (where they are located).

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

Hi everyone,  since this is the latest discussion on the topic.  I'm having problems with mother board recognizing the JCAT USB XE. All was working fine before. I just did a upgrade on the pc and this new asus strix z690e isn't finding the card. For the last  2 days I've tried everything  installed every driver and nothing.  I moved the card around,  started the pc, unplugged the lpsu iven used different cables. Nothing seems to solve it. Is that something in bios I should be changing? I appreciate the help. 

18 hours ago, darkfrank said:

Its the asus z690 chipset not recognizing the JCAT asmedia controller, upgrade firmware of the card on an older platform will fix this problem.

Is this issue applied to all Asus Z690 motherboards?  Wonder if there is a fix for this issue on Asus Z690 motherboards.

@Marcin_gps can you confirm?  I hope to have a confirmation before purchasing a XE USB card.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:39 PM, ricardoosusa said:

So far no luck here. 

We confirmed that the new firmware for the USB Card XE solves the issue on Z690 chipset.

Here is the guide how to upgrade the firmware: https://www.inateck.com/blogs/news/asm3142-firmware-upgrade-operation-steps

Please note that the firmware must be updated on a PC where the card is detected. The update can not be performed on the Z690 motherboard. 

Regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

3 minutes ago, Marcin_gps said:

Yes, new firmware fixes the issue with Z690 chipsets. 

Best regards, 

Marcin

Thank you for the confirmation @Marcin_gps.

Does it mean the new XE USB carfirmware fix solved the issue for all Asus Z690 motherboards?  Specifically, Asus Formula Z690?

1 minute ago, Marcin_gps said:

We confirmed that the new firmware for the USB Card XE solves the issue on Z690 chipset.

Here is the guide how to upgrade the firmware: https://www.inateck.com/blogs/news/asm3142-firmware-upgrade-operation-steps

Please note that the firmware must be updated on a PC where the card is detected. The update can not be performed on the Z690 motherboard. 

Regards,
Marcin

Does all new USB Card XE purchase have the new firmware installed?

11 minutes ago, elan120 said:

Thank you for the confirmation @Marcin_gps.

Does it mean the new XE USB carfirmware fix solved the issue for all Asus Z690 motherboards?  Specifically, Asus Formula Z690?

Correct, all Z690 motherboards are compatible, not only from Asus. 

9 minutes ago, elan120 said:

Does all new USB Card XE purchase have the new firmware installed?

Yes, from now on all cards are delivered with new firmware. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On 5/2/2022 at 1:21 AM, cpasmoi said:

Hello

I have encountered a similar problem with Windows update under windows 11 Pro

I uninstalled the driver and I went to look for the driver on this site and the Jcat card works

https://www.inateck.com/products/pcie-to-usb-3-2-gen-2-card-with-20-gbps-bandwidth-3-usb-type-a-and-2-usb-type-c-ports-ku5211-red

I hope this will help you

good luck to you

cpasmoi

Hi everyone,  I have downloaded the firmware and follow the instructions. After many attempts, I gave up. For some reason the setup tool cannot find the files. When I get to the downloads folder it dosen't show anything. On the plus side the system is playing amanero , hqplayer and roon labs through the mobo usb port like never before.  DSD 256 is only using 3% cpu.

On 5/7/2022 at 7:26 PM, ricardoosusa said:

Hi everyone,  I have downloaded the firmware and follow the instructions. After many attempts, I gave up. For some reason the setup tool cannot find the files. When I get to the downloads folder it dosen't show anything. On the plus side the system is playing amanero , hqplayer and roon labs through the mobo usb port like never before.  DSD 256 is only using 3% cpu.

Please contact me via email on [email protected]

On 5/8/2022 at 6:40 AM, genvirt said:

Dear@Marcin_gps.

I've no issue with my XE cards (NET/USB), do You recommend to update a firmware also?

Is there other benefits?

Thank You!

I have not done A/B, so I am not sure if there are any benefits. 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder