IGNORED

Downloading highest quality music files

I am interested in downloading music files in the highest quality and saving them onto my computer. And then playing them on my Oppo UDP-205 player.

1) Would "Tidal" or "Qobuz" other music streaming services have files of "higher quality" available?

2) Which cable or connection would be advised for quality?

coaxial, ethernet, usb

Here is a back panel screenshot of the 205 showing the input and output ports.

x768UDP205-B.jpg

Well, you can't purchase files from TIDAL so that narrows your choices between the two to Qobuz.

I don't know anything about that player, so I will defer to those that do. However, you can still try them yourself, and decide for yourself.

How will you play the files?

No electron left behind.

For Qobuz, there is a monthly (or annual) subscription fee which allows you to access and play any music in their library using your browser or app. If you find an album that you like, you can always purchase and download it for an additional fee. If you use something like Amazon Prime for TV, it is very similar where you can stream a movie or purchase it.

If you only want to purchase albums and avoid any subscription fee, then something like HD Tracks works.

As for connecting to your Oppo, probably USB is easiest but perhaps not the best. As noted above, you if are playing purchased albums, you probably need to select a player, maybe JRiver is a good start.

2 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

1.  Please stop shouting.

How does a person even reply to this? My Dad, bless his 83 year old heart, has the font increased in size on his giant computer monitor so he can see the letters. Perhaps the OP is also having a hard time seeing the words on the screen, and so has made the font larger for his own ease of use.

It makes it easier for your eyes to read too. Just deal with it.

@joes1234, you just do you and ignore stupid replies like the one above. No one here is shouting.

No electron left behind.

11 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

How does a person even reply to this? My Dad, bless his 83 year old heart, has the font increased in size on his giant computer monitor so he can see the letters. Perhaps the OP is also having a hard time seeing the words on the screen, and so has made the font larger for his own ease of use.

OFF TOPIC:   Of course, he can, and should, have it as large as possible on his screen as he needs to read it.  However, (1) it is possible to enlarge the text on one's own screen without doing so in posts and (2) he has posted before in normal text.  

11 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

It makes it easier for your eyes to read too. Just deal with it.

OFF TOPIC:  It does not make easier for me and this is how I deal with it.  I did say "please" to him.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

30 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

@Kal Rubinson So this is how you treat people in real life? Or do you try to be less of an ass in face to face reality for fear of direct consequences?

I agree with @Kal Rubinson on this. one doesn't have to shout constantly, which is what it is when you use caps or large fonts. It is kind of like the boy who cried wolf, it kind of gets ignored.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

4 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I agree with @Kal Rubinson on this. one doesn't have to shout constantly, which is what it is when you use caps or large fonts. It is kind of like the boy who cried wolf, it kind of gets ignored.

I am Kal Rubinson and I demand people write in small letters just for me!

Does writing it like that show how ridiculous it is?

No electron left behind.

26 minutes ago, joes1234 said:

I am not shouting .

I simply can't read or bearley read what I'm typing.

is there a way of when typing that the letters or fonts are larger than what will be seen ? windows 10

So the eventual answer is USB or Ethernet cables / connection for internet / laptop / cd recorder. thanx 

Don't let one self important person on a forum change what you do, just ignore him. If he was that important the forum would not give options for font sizes he didn't like to see.

No electron left behind.

On 1/10/2022 at 6:56 AM, AudioDoctor said:

Well, you can't purchase files from TIDAL so that narrows your choices between the two to Qobuz.

I don't know anything about that player, so I will defer to those that do. However, you can still try them yourself, and decide for yourself.

How will you play the files?

You can buy from Tidal:

https://store.tidal.com/

On 1/11/2022 at 5:44 AM, joes1234 said:

I am not shouting .

I simply can't read or bearley read what I'm typing.

is there a way of when typing that the letters or fonts are larger than what will be seen ? windows 10

So the eventual answer is USB or Ethernet cables / connection for internet / laptop / cd recorder. thanx 

I would recommend buying from Qobuz as you can hear a sample in CD quality prior to purchase.

• 1 month later...