IGNORED

How To Install HQPlayer Embedded On Ubuntu

….and ipaddress:8088 should bring up the HQPe web UI.

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, Snakeoil OS NAA/NAA image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.

2 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

…. the right port is 8088

Thanks - sorry will edit.

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, Snakeoil OS NAA/NAA image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.

Gents, thank you. Everything is up and running. Nevertheless, one issue. 

In the Logfile I see the following (ecores="filter", multicore="1"). 

2024/02/27 18:23:44 Processors physical=24 logical=32 performance=24 efficiency=0 groups=1 packages=1 nodes=1

System: 13900k i9, Ubuntu Server 22.0 (min installation), no GPU. 

Why is efficiency=0?

Seems the performance of hqplayer embedded standalone was a little better... Or did I miss something here? 

Thank you. 

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Sunny_Player said:

Gents, thank you. Everything is up and running. Nevertheless, one issue. 

In the Logfile I see the following (ecores="filter", multicore="1"). 

2024/02/27 18:23:44 Processors physical=24 logical=32 performance=24 efficiency=0 groups=1 packages=1 nodes=1

System: 13900k i9, Ubuntu Server 22.0 (min installation), no GPU. 

Why is efficiency=0?

Seems the performance of hqplayer embedded standalone was a little better... Or did I miss something here? 

Which kernel version do you have (see output of "uname -r")? If you are on 5.15, you need to either install "linux-lowlatency-hwe-22.04" meta-package, or one of my custom kernels.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Which kernel version do you have (see output of "uname -r")? If you are on 5.15, you need to either install "linux-lowlatency-hwe-22.04" meta-package, or one of my custom kernels.

My kernel version is indeed 15.05. What is the code for installing the low latency kernel properly? Thank you. 

Edit: I was successful in installing the low latency kernel. 

@Miska how do I update the hqplayer embedded to version 5.5 on ubuntu? I am asking because I have installed the wrong version of hqplayer (without avx2). 

21 minutes ago, Sunny_Player said:

@Miska how do I update the hqplayer embedded to version 5.5 on ubuntu? I am asking because I have installed the wrong version of hqplayer (without avx2). 

You just "dpkg -i" another package version over the earlier one. The OS package management system will handle the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

Late to the party and know nothing about Linux to setup HQPlayer Embedded (currently using desktop version).  My goal is to use JPLAY IOS > UPnp SoTm-200 > Hq

My question, is Chris method setting up Hq embedded at the begetting of this thread still relevant for someone like me to get things rollin?   
   Thanks, Sam 

C.A.P. Pipeline, windows pro 10 > Roon > SOtM USB > Keces power supply > HDplex power supply > 4x2 HD Mini DSP > Ayre DSD QB-9 > Naim CDX > ModWright 9 S.E. Preamp > A21 Parasound Amplifier > Magnepan .7 > Augie's Dipole sub, ML sub, DIY sub > Dedicated room with acoustical treatment.

29 minutes ago, shum3s said:

Late to the party and know nothing about Linux to setup HQPlayer Embedded (currently using desktop version).  My goal is to use JPLAY IOS > UPnp SoTm-200 > Hq

My question, is Chris method setting up Hq embedded at the begetting of this thread still relevant for someone like me to get things rollin?   
   Thanks, Sam 

I recently installed HQPe on Ubuntu 22.04.

Only the last part of instructions is still relevant, you just need to use the last releases of libgmpris and hqplayerd.

In your setup it seems a upnp mediaserver is missing, it is mandatory in order to use JPlay for iOS 

wget https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/focal/libgmpris_2.2.1-8_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i libgmpris_2.2.1-8_amd64.deb

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/focal/hqplayerd_4.25.1-83_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i hqplayerd_4.25.1-83_amd64.deb

sudo apt install -f

sudo hqplayerd -s hqplayer hqplayer

sudo systemctl enable hqplayerd 

systemctl start hqplayerd

sudo systemctl status hqplayerd

Stefano

My audio system

Thank you Stefano for your feed back! It was my understanding that once HQPlayer is up and running that I could use it as my UPnP rendering.  If not what would you recommend that is missing with what I want to accomplish. 
  Sam

C.A.P. Pipeline, windows pro 10 > Roon > SOtM USB > Keces power supply > HDplex power supply > 4x2 HD Mini DSP > Ayre DSD QB-9 > Naim CDX > ModWright 9 S.E. Preamp > A21 Parasound Amplifier > Magnepan .7 > Augie's Dipole sub, ML sub, DIY sub > Dedicated room with acoustical treatment.

25 minutes ago, shum3s said:

Thank you Stefano for your feed back! It was my understanding that once HQPlayer is up and running that I could use it as my UPnP rendering.  If not what would you recommend that is missing with what I want to accomplish. 
  Sam

An upnp setup has three main components:

1. upnp mediarenderer
  2. upnp renderer
  3. upnp control point app

where 1) can be Minimserver that can run on pc/Mac/nas, 2) can be HQPlayer embedded and 3) is JPlay for iOS .

Minimserver is a very smart upnp mediarenderer and it is very well integrated with JPlay (I’m using it sine ten years more or less), you can read about it here

Stefano

My audio system

Can’t Roon be the upnp server?  It (Roon core) did fine for me while I trialed it on my NAS- @shum3s already has it according to signature….

mconnectHD player is also another option for control point, and if you use Roon they have a Roon control app.

Ahh, I see -the goal is to use JPLAY iOS, never mind. 😆

2 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Roon is not upnp ….

Sorry, I forgot and looked it up-RAAT- but it works with HQPe and Roon control app..  Alphabet soup!

1 hour ago, cpcat said:

Sorry, I forgot and looked it up-RAAT- but it works with HQPe and Roon control app..  Alphabet soup!

Roon uses HQPlayer's control protocol with HQPlayer. It is not RAAT or such.

Same protocol used for example by HQPlayer Client and HQPDcontrol.

9 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

I recently installed HQPe on Ubuntu 22.04.

Only the last part of instructions is still relevant, you just need to use the last releases of libgmpris and hqplayerd.

In your setup it seems a upnp mediaserver is missing, it is mandatory in order to use JPlay for iOS 

wget https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/focal/libgmpris_2.2.1-8_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i libgmpris_2.2.1-8_amd64.deb

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/focal/hqplayerd_4.25.1-83_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i hqplayerd_4.25.1-83_amd64.deb

sudo apt install -f

sudo hqplayerd -s hqplayer hqplayer

sudo systemctl enable hqplayerd 

systemctl start hqplayerd

sudo systemctl status hqplayerd

So after I boot from a usb stick, can I follow the above script to get embedded up and running?  
 Sam 

14 minutes ago, shum3s said:

So after I boot from a usb stick, can I follow the above script to get embedded up and running?  

This is for an old version on an old OS version, not applicable anymore.

If you use HQPlayer OS, you don't need to do anything of the above. You just write the USB stick, boot up from it and you are ready to go.

7 hours ago, Miska said:

Roon uses HQPlayer's control protocol with HQPlayer. It is not RAAT or such.

Same protocol used for example by HQPlayer Client and HQPDcontrol.

Even better -makes me want to pay for Roon, almost. 😉