IGNORED

Poo Music

Saturday - Single by Shit Hot Soundsystem | Spotify

Welcome to "Shit Hot Sound System Saturday" here at Audiostyle Pile 💩  and we have a steaming heap for you today!

Introducing: Shit and Shine, an experimental music project based in Austin, Texas, formed in 2004 by bandleader (and only consistent member - for good musical reasons) Craig Clouse

shitshin.jpg

Extensive Discography (virtually bottomless pit of s**t):

wiki

discography with commentary

The Strange World Of... Shit And Shine (includes 10 track guide to the "epic" back catalog, interspersed with interview - you may be lost without it!)

Today's focus is a veritable s**t pile unto itself: the album Total Shit!    

a1884048892_10.thumb.jpg.11206c1e66c8a2d1c6e78ec5645c4b51.jpg

Listen Here

"Bubbling up from his post-everything cesspit, $hit & $hine cups another killer album boff to the grill of Diagonal with Total $hit!, his 2nd LP and 3rd full release for Powell and Jaime Williams’ indomitable imprint.

A rancid ruck of rock ’n roll and industrial entrails squeezed for sustenance and sploshed with classic ‘80s disco, Total $hit! is nothing if not a definitive Craig Clouse record; insistently playful, scatty and demented in equal measures, but with a couldn’t care less attitude that’s always refreshing and welcome around these parts.

Following his grindcore lash Teardrops for Riot Season, this one is a return to the heavy truckin’ styles last heard on Everybody’s A Fuuckin Expert with Mego and the Good White Good Green for Glasgow’s Heated Heads, depositing nine examples of his nonchalant style at its most distended, unsettling and, funnily enough, its most funked-up and effective.

He makes a big entrance with the blind-drunk swagger of Hot Shovel trammelling rabid tribal drums, grunts and pitched voices in a febrile hot mess, before Chklt Shk possibly betrays his no f**ks attitude with some of his canniest, adroit tweaks applied to what sounds like Anthony Shakir and MMM fighting over the last cubicle after a plate of bad seafood, then it’s back to twisted smiles and buckie-sloshing skank with the acrid disco nip of Long Island City.

The record’s longest, murkiest section follows with the Jacko-shampling Dodge Pot dispensing a slimy hot streak of flatulent mongrel boogie that perhaps outstays its welcome, hence the entrance of two squabbling lasses who tell it where to go, which leaves us with a version of the recumbent coke standard White Horse ready for the knacker’s yard, plus a trio of saltier, off-the-wrist jags that only serve to agitate and infect the sore he’s been prodding at ’til this point.

Let’s be fair: Total $hit! is not big or clever but, it is messy and fun; like the soundtrack to a lock-in at a boozer exclusively full of mad c*nts who were chucked out of every other place."

Soooo nice to have reliable reviews in this s**t hobby!

Just a few droppings:  Pile of Poo on SoftBank 2014

...and one we can all identify with:

Poop Dancing Poop GIF - Poop Dancing Poop Dance GIFsPoop Smile GIF - Poop Smile Blush GIFsIt'S A Poo Party! GIF - Poop Poo Party Running Poop GIFs

0004591313_10.thumb.jpg.01054d67caffeda4c2a2b1d39279d57c.jpg

61fks2BniZL._SL1000_.thumb.jpg.0917b3ab99f37ad6105c954d7d5e38ba.jpg

1716733712_71Ujs77HCL._SL1221_.thumb.jpg.138fe867dcddf3a67c43ed75c1a0f76c.jpg

BTW, does this remind you of anyone?

9829ea966dcb5b03308458c96e24b2a8

Wipe That Shit Eating Grin Off Your Punchable Face · The Smith Street Band

’ll sink slowly into cement
Running round the city square
I’ve always felt a little different
Now I can breathe in the anger on the dirty air
Grubby beauty blocked out by streets and time
Painted their slogans on the silhouette of my skyline

[Chorus]
It is not enough to be quiet on the train back home
A change is gonna come
Our country’s mind can’t stay this closed

Enter the decade fearing failing
And our heart starts beating in time
With the white noise and the ranting and raving
Their official party line
We must respond we need a fight
Decide how the destitute will survive and then die

[Chorus]
A change is gonna come

So wipe that shit-eating grin off your punchable face
These people are human beings that you’ll destroy and displace
When you sit in Kirribilli House and there’s no one else around
Do you know, just to keep your job, you’re putting bodies in the ground
Drowning refugees at sea
Kiss babies screaming vote for me
I’ll take you to the future via the 1950s

Were we supposed to feel hope when you said you’d stop the boats?
Cause that’s some fucking evil shit
Politicizing killing kids
Drip feeding fear into our brains
New leader clearly insane
Gonna change the culture in our cultured minds
Start a war with an alibi we won't justify

[Chorus]
A change is gonna come
[x2]

23 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Didn't I say "borderline'???

😇🤩🤪🤣

yes, but you were being generous. Questionable taste can be...questioned.

Some posts have been little more than indirect poo flinging based on a strong disagreement regarding how some recent conflicts have been "resolved" here. And since even discussing this has been criticized and discouraged to a surprising and even offensive degree, imo, one is left with rather futile gestures. But one must imagine Sisyphus happy, and it's only an audio forum.

The thread began as an off-handed joke and a playful ( perhaps a little mischievous ) challenge.

But there remains the question of questionable taste, so I'd like to approach this question through a passage from an entry in the Oxford Encyclopedia of Aesthetics (high brow s**t!)

DISGUST: Disgust is known mainly for the ways it flouts aesthetic decorum. Not only does it attend to the parts of the world we loath rather than love, but it does so in a manner that seems to stand at the greatest remove from the aesthetic. While in aesthetic experience we willingly orient ourselves toward an object, examining it with curiosity and pleasure, disgust thrusts us in the opposite direction; it repels, repulses, revolts. The world is felt as pressing in too insistently, leaving us none of the elbow room we usually need to engage with an object aesthetically. Disgust bundles its force into a single affective vector aimed at driving back the offending object, and so it comes across as simple and one-dimensional, bereft of the complexity we look for in aesthetic experience. When it seizes us, it does so with a completeness that seems to leave no space for reflection or contemplation. It has no truck with ambiguity or ambivalence or irony. What then is it doing sporting an entry in an encyclopedia of aesthetics?

https://www.academia.edu/9757376/Disgust_Oxford_Encyclopedia_of_Aesthetics_2nd_ed_

(warning)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"Poo With a View is the world’s first VR app for the toilet. It will revolutionize the way you do your business. You’ll escape your boring bathroom to be immediately transported to world-class panoramic views of beautiful scenery. Our “Poo With a View” technology places a realistic model of a quality porcelain throne in the bottom of each scene to make your experience as immersive and realistic as decency allows. Soothing music and environmental sounds will lull you into a deep state of relaxation and help things get moving."

Poo With A View VR App

Just add immersive audio and imagine the possibilities.

I don't know about you, but I can get really immersed in this shit:

chunk1
/CHəNGk/
a thick, solid piece of something.
1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

"Poo With a View is the world’s first VR app for the toilet. It will revolutionize the way you do your business. You’ll escape your boring bathroom to be immediately transported to world-class panoramic views of beautiful scenery. Our “Poo With a View” technology places a realistic model of a quality porcelain throne in the bottom of each scene to make your experience as immersive and realistic as decency allows. Soothing music and environmental sounds will lull you into a deep state of relaxation and help things get moving."

Poo With A View VR App

Just add immersive audio and imagine the possibilities.

I don't know about you, but I can get really immersed in this shit:

chunk1
/CHəNGk/
a thick, solid piece of something.

Combine that with an immersive audio set-up in your restroom, and you're done - Holy sh$$ ;-)

PS:  Noticed you had the same idea, buried somewher between the videos ... lovely ...

16 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

The "Brown Note" clip reminded me of the first few seconds of Silver Bullet's 20 Seconds to Comply.

(Also, having that robot thing after you and the "brown note" might yield similar results) 

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.