IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

3 minutes ago, MasterWarzombie said:

It is for safety reason for audiophile devices.

@AfterDark. This doesn’t make sense to me. Any device in the other end must be powered off, and you don’t say it’s for the clock itself. And you can’t say that your clock can potentially damage other equipment, or are you ? Time to look for a CE sticker 😂

13 minutes ago, MasterWarzombie said:

https://www.ghentaudio.com/pc/et11.html

this cable has been recommended and is stamped as good for the B side. However the plugs are metallic.;)

I'm going to stop the off topic because this is the masterclock

This cable has absolutely no connection between the plugs. Hence the plugs add better shielding as well. 
The shielding around the cable works as a Faraday Cage. It’s not connected anywhere. 

12 minutes ago, LEO SOUND said:

AudioQuest Vodka is good for Side B etherregen ? why ?

I was saying it has metal plugs, that isn’t connected to the shield. Otherwise I think paying anything more than Ghent is asking, or even the cheaper Bluea Jeans, is a total waste of money.

So again ethernet cables that has connection between metal plugs isn’t recommended, as you may risk ground loops. And again, metal plugs is good, as they have good EMI/RFI protection. Hope this is clear now. 

21 hours ago, MasterWarzombie said:

Your certificate is from April 2020!
Your data is much better than that indicated on the site. they are equivalent to an emperor crown while you have the King version. very strange !!!

I agree it’s very strange. I don’t expect @AfterDark. to explain why one year old. 
Given the difference in price, and only 5 dBc away from the Eva, maybe it’s the King one should aim for. 

There may, or may not be an availability of already measured King clocks. But maybe potentially buyers should ask for measurements upfront. 

If I purchase a second King, I definitely ask for phase noise measurements up front. 
(I will need time to find out of a splitter is enough, or purchase a second one is preferable). 

I hooked up just an hour ago. So need some time to evaluate. Sounding good. 

On 4/30/2021 at 3:33 PM, MartinT said:

Exactly this.  There are countless OEM arrangements out there, from simple re-badging to module provision.  Using another design does not in any way denigrate the product if it performs to specification.

Performance selection and categorisation also happens, which is what I believe AfterDark are doing.

Yes, Adrian is definitely re- badging. You can purchase his clocks fairly cheap on AliExpress or eBay. 
To me it has a god value that the clock is put in box and properly (hopefully) measured. Mine is above 20 dBc compared to official data sheet. One could question that, but to my knowledge so far it’s possible for a limited percentage of a batch to obtain better numbers. Also these clocks isn’t made for audio, and may focus on other parameters as more important in data sheet. Like age. 

I think he will only gain being more open about what’s he actually is doing. It takes time and money to do what  he is doing, and of cause that’s an added value, he shall be paid for. 

I must say that when open my clock, I was thinking of blaming him for a fraud, but I probably more into purchasing a second clock from him, when the wallet allows 😀

Still, I won’t mind a second measurement of my clock. 

4 hours ago, MasterWarzombie said:

Afterdark was quick to make a special ER square wave version!

The clock (and PCB) he use offer square out, so it didn’t take him much effort to offer this.

Those that has purchased the Queen should open it, and confirm this. Don’t you ever think you got a special design clock. You never did. It’s all a standard available on AliExpress. 

(Nothing necessary wrong with that).

@Superdad or @JohnSwenson

I’m using the Cybershaft splitter with Mini-Circuits to feed both the EtherRegen as well as my SU-2 from the very nice AfterDark clock I’ve got. The King has been powered with both LPS-1.2 and dual LPS-1 in series. 

However the EtherRegen stops working after a few minutes in this setup. So I need to pull power cable quite often. Setting it back to internal clock is OK. Or removing the splitter I think. 

Do you have an explanation to this behavior ?