IGNORED

New HDtracks Website

The format choice is not as straight forward as the old site.  I downloaded from the new site and received FLAC files.  I only use AIFF and could not figure out how to even make a choice.  I contacted them and they informed me that the format choice is now in our profile settings and allowed me to redownload in AIFF. They said it’s also a choice at checkout and the download manager but I didn’t see those.  I really like the look of the new site and the download manager seems faster than the old one.  They should make the format choice more obvious.  

It needs work. Seems flakey between different MacOS. Today on MBP w/Catalina it would not take the discount code and would zero out the shopping cart. I switched to my iMac w/Sierra and not all albums showed in my "Wish-list" When I went to purchase, the purchase window did not show both albums that were there, but the price was correct and it did take the discount code. Could not see all the pay options either. It would not scroll to show more info in the purchase window, I tried. The download was faster, but I agree the format preference is confusing. I had to set it in my preference and in the download app. It's not ready for prime time yet.

Server: Mac Mini 3.2GHz-i7, 512Gb - 16Gb macOS 13.x & Audirvana Origin  DAC: Benchmark DAC3B  Linestage: Benchmark LA4  Amp: Benchmark AHB2 x2  Speakers: Revel F328Be

When you're racing... it's Life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting.
- Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Also, hope to see the Album Info section provide useful source information when it fully launches; such as, some tracks sourced from 16-bit files, DSD, 24/192 or remastered from original recording masters, etc. Would be nice.

Server: Mac Mini 3.2GHz-i7, 512Gb - 16Gb macOS 13.x & Audirvana Origin  DAC: Benchmark DAC3B  Linestage: Benchmark LA4  Amp: Benchmark AHB2 x2  Speakers: Revel F328Be

When you're racing... it's Life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting.
- Steve McQueen, Le Mans

• 3 months later...