IGNORED

Pandemic Listening

Glad I saw a couple of good concerts right before it all started - Marcin Wasilewski Trio, Igor Levitt, Layla Zoe (25 people present at the gig made me think of many things but surprisingly not about the virus :)). Have lots of free time now, exploring new music has been taking even more time during the last month than listening to it (time for this will come)..

For those who have a piano (and a disinfecting wipe) 9_9

[âIMG]

46 minutes ago, yamamoto2002 said:

Why C5 to E5 keys should be wiped 4 times more than other keys ? 😁

It's a necessary preparation for the 'senza infezione' and 'secco' parts of the composition.

I have an impression you don't quite understand this piece ;)

Pandemic listening (I'd highly recommend washing hands before and after the listening session): 

On 3/15/2020 at 8:24 PM, PeterSt said:

Anyone familiar with them ... coffee shops have been closed down over here. As I understand it, now music will sound a little worse.

As for Leiden - they are open (not that I'm personally interested anymore) but they do 'only take out orders'. You are welcome. Anytime :)

Surprisingly The Chick Corea Trio (with Brian Blade and Christian McBride) today concert in Concertgebouw in Amsterdam hasn't been cancelled and there are still tickets available (including 2 seats in the very center of the 2nd row!). I would go if it wasn't for the fact that I'm not a big CC fan.. Wish this was Keith Jarrett.. I'm surprised because 'all museums, theaters, and other buildings and events that receive large numbers of visitors (100+) are closed' in the Netherlands :$

3 minutes ago, accwai said:

Actually I don't have a clue what this piece is about. Please enlighten.

Did I say I understand it.? 9_9

But I think I could almost play it (in particular the first part seems not that complicated), despite the fact that I don't play piano ;)

Long time no see, good to see you back!

3 hours ago, yamamoto2002 said:

Thank you, this performance is humorous

You are welcome, it's because la partitura itself is a little on the humorous side..;)

may be it is a bit too fast

It's because it's a virtuosic performance! x-D 

I want more crescendo on bar 10

I can only recommend using volume control.. :/

Sound is little bit resembles to Ligeti Atmosphères

It absolutely shouldn't sound like his Requiem;) 

As for the tempo..I really don't know.. do you think this performance is better.?

(for me personally it's a little too romantic, I also have some doubts as far as the pianist's use of the pedal is regarded)

This one is very expressive! (but unfortunately a little careless technically..)

BTW according to the Mayo Clinic, laughter triggers the release of endorphins, it helps people handle stress by easing tension, relaxing the muscles and lowering blood pressure (high blood pressure os one of the main risk factors in case of the coronavirus), it also increases the number immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving our resistance to a disease! :)

I hope all the forum members will stay healthy!

2 hours ago, hopkins said:

No, we will not all survive

In fact none of us will, it's only a question of time 9_9

Believers in the theory of reincarnation have IMO an easier life, they may be convinced that after all (just like the economy) ..they will recover x-D

Have a nice day!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RickyV said:

No not really. I think he is really dumb standing there in the bathroom pretending to be on the train with his sunglasses on while it is clearly a cloudy day. I hate that. 

That was a joke of course. The kind of joke which when I do it in person no-one gets offended, I swear :) Unfortunately I can't repeat it online.. medium limitations..

No offence, I hope :)