IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Suggesting that only objectivists can "fight" MQA isn't a logical argument. The facts have been out for years. It's all about other stuff now. MQA doesn't care about the facts.

I completely understand the spin you're putting on the de facto purge.  But I'm talking about the actual history of MQA dissent that started on this very forum, not some non sequitur hypothetical. 

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I've always looked at what Jude has done with Head-Fi as a great model. He has a huge audience that has maximized its enjoyment of this wonderful hobby. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that in my book.

Last week, I would not have believed you aspire for AS to be like Head-Fi.  After this weekend, it's still a little shocking, but totally jibes with your new industry-friendly makeover.  I expect to see Scoggins back here any minute now...

5 minutes ago, Teresa said:

I thought most subjectivists also disliked MQA and are fearful of future music being contaminated by MQA. I don't believe this is an objectivist only position. That being the case how can it be a win for MQA.

While I think the whole "objectivist/subjectivist" trope is just intellectual laziness taken to extremes, the changes Chris has made are a win for MQA because their proxies (Atkinson, Quint, Austin, Scoggins, et. al.) will feel no restraint to push the MQA lies with full confidence that they will not be challenged here in any way.  After all, we have to be civil to the Elders, don't we?  This is what they have demanded (just look at Quint's last 10 posts), and Chris has granted it to them with no conditions.  The forum now has no place for dissent.  Chris has been unequivocal: if you don't like it, leave!