IGNORED

Iconoclast Cables

Sonore is now a dealer for Iconoclast Cables.  Designed by an engineer formally with Belden Cable Company, and manufactured by Belden, these Iconoclast Cables offer a remarkable combination of performance and value.  They use science and measurements to design some of the best sounding cables available, and every effort is made to leave unnecessary features and keep the price reasonable.  I personally have found that Iconoclast Cables can outperform other audiophile cable models costing many times more.

Here is a link to review:

https://audiobacon.net/2019/05/27/iconoclast-cables-same-measurements-different-sound/

I would highly recommend trying these cables for anyone looking to elevate the performance of their system.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

1 hour ago, bobflood said:

Get ready for the barrage. :)

Haha!  Just note that this is the Sonore Forum, and any disparaging posts will not be tolerated. 

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 2 weeks later...

After ~40 hours of extensive listening tests between various Iconoclast speaker cables (and others), my SPTPC speaker cables (cut to length) are here!  Now I need to get rid of this damn cold (and get hearing back) to do a proper welcome to my system.

Many thanks to Galen for the rigor and passion that went into these cables!

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

Yeah Ray, I have the 4x4 OCC XLRs here and the SPTPC speaker cables, and they are superb, and a tremendous value-not cheap of course, but able to out perform cables at many times their price.  For open minded audiophiles, I think Iconoclast is going to set new standards in price to performance ratios.

I am also looking forward to what Galen and Belden come up with for power cabling.

SONORE computer audio

I don't use interconnects in my main setup (I drive my Voxativ speakers direct from my Chord DAVE DAC), but Bob was kind enough to send a set of OCC XLR and RCA interconnects for eval.  I tested them with a variety of amps to drive my Abyss Phi TC's.  

The level of impact of the OCC cables was astonishing (esp. the RCA IC's).  I had high expectations (this was my first time hearing OCC on my analog chain), but they way exceeded my expectations.  In terms of transparency, that was the closest I've ever gotten to DAVE direct with an amp in the chain.

For those that are looking for ultimate transparency and neutrality, the OCC IC's are an absolute gem and set an admirable bar for "reference" to measure other ICs against. (They are also an absolute beast physically...they have the bend radius of an aircraft carrier)  

Definitely worth an audition

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

46 minutes ago, ray-dude said:

(They are also an absolute beast physically...they have the bend radius of an aircraft carrier)  

Yes, the interconnects are really stiff, but they are worth it!  For folks interested in trying them, if you use XLRs, be sure to get the XLR plugs terminated in the correct orientation for your set up, as twisting the cables to align XLR connectors is very, very difficult, or nearly impossible.  The good news is that these cables are terminated to order, so one can specify the orientation of the XLR plugs at the time of ordering, make sure you do this!

SONORE computer audio

On 1/30/2020 at 8:58 PM, vortecjr said:

No all the Iconoclast interconnects are really stiff.

Yes, true, I chose to use the BAV interconnects. While these are still quite large in diameter they are very flexible. I just did not have the room needed for the required radius of the other interconnects. No regrets in my choice.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

Yes, they the BAV interconnect option for those who must have lots of flexibility.  BAV also makes a great cable for pro audio needs, recording, etc.  I got a 15' length of BAV for my GF to use with her nice tube mike when she is recording.

SONORE computer audio

Sonore is currently only listing the interconnects, I am not really sure why...  Maybe our VP has yet to listen to the speaker cables.

Personally I find both the speaker cables and the interconnects to be superb, and offer very high performance to price ratio.  I suspect the speaker cables will be listed at Sonore soon.

SONORE computer audio