2 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

Would you be happier if Alex did what some others in the business do, when they can no longer get the "original" parts for their design and announce a "version" change, with a new higher price rendering your product less valuable?  Yes there are many manufacturers I know of, rather not name them, when faced with "new parts" because the old ones are no longer available immediately announce a version upgrade, making the almost identical product obsolete and charging more for the new one. 

This is exactly what came to my mind. It happens all the time.

Running changes also happen when a company finds a way to improve the product and makes the business decision to keep it quiet. Us audiophiles are a finicky bunch that can raise hell if we find out about these changes. Imagine how any running changes and parts swaps happen in automobiles and other industries. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

48 minutes ago, bobflood said:

I see both sides but at this point I still think this should end. The greater danger now in my opinion is that more of this will be forthcoming if those who wish to pursue these types of agenda believe that this is a place that they can do it with impunity. The damage to this site's reputation could be considerable.

I disagree. Allowing people to show their colors and readers to flesh out agendas, followed by numerous positive experiences, really shows something usable. Removing posts only adds to an aura of cover up. 

It’s like when the UN allowed Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to speak and deny the Holocaust. My mother in law hated it. I loved it. It showed how foolish he was to the whole world. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png