IGNORED

Article: Guest Editorial: Why did audio stop being about audio?

With religion or politics, my life may be affected by those whose values or policy decisions I disagree with.  That's not true with audio.  Science isn't going to go away if I don't think measurements align with my listening experience.

I still respect people whose beliefs seem like a fairy tale to me as long as they aren't trying to force me to adopt their values.  

It kind of reminds me of a Fox guy who puts a bullet in his TV set while watching MSN.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 hours ago, esldude said:

I miss those days.

This whole thing reminds me of Dana Carvey's Grumpy Old Man on SNL.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’ve never seen it but somehow think I know how it goes 😄

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/cast/dana-carvey-14886/character/grumpy-old-man-73276

Windows and Linux sound different.  I think that's accepted by anyone who has experimented with both.  Tuning either OS can change the sound quality significantly.  None of this stuff has been measured AFAIK.