IGNORED

Article: Dream Music Server Feature: Part 1

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

Slightly off-topic but fun: A few weeks ago I was getting ready to brush my teeth before bed and decide to as "Alexa: Play Chopin." Alexa proceeded to "Play Chopin from Spotify." It was Nocturne #2. The next track: Nocturne #2 - different pianist. The following track: Nocturne #2 - obviously yet a different interpretation. I asked "Alexa: Who is playing the current track?" to which she responded "Chopin."

Brilliant. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

11 hours ago, johniboy24 said:

Try emby. https://www.emby.media
should do the trick. I prefer it over Plex 

Won’t play resolutions over 16/48, and I see no indication it will play aiff files (or DSD).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I recently transferred an edited version of my music library to WAV and FLAC and then to a Samsung 1tB Portable SSD, to be connected to the Infotainment system in my 2016 VW Golf R. The system didn't like AIFF files, or 2tB drives, or more than 30K files but it all plays well and is accessible thru the Car Infotainment interface. I can also stream Quboz or Tidal thru a Dragonfly Red plugged into the phone but the phone interface is a little sketchy on the move. I did once try Roon on an old Mac laptop with an iPad mini as remote and that was OK but somewhat fiddly. Next step will be CarPlay as used by others. Putting the transfer library together reminded me how few CDs or downloads I buy these days but it does encourage me to listen to stuff I already have. Listening to 30K tracks will take some time........

Roon NUC I3 w 2500 albums, microRendu to Liberty DAC, Pass DIY Amp class amp, Klipsch RP600 or to Schiit Freya + Gumby MB, Sanders ESL amps and speakers, Mjolnir KGST and Stax L700

I've dealt with supplying FLAC files to my car audio systems in two ways:

Old Car - WD wireless HDD running PLEX >> iPad running 8player via HDD's own WiFi >> apple CCK >> USB to SPDIF >> Audison Bit one processor >> Audion amps and speakers/sub

New Car came with decent audio system - FiiO X7 II with 2 512GB cards running Neutron app >> Aux out via a wire >> car's Aux in

New way is much simpler and easier, and the price of 1 TB cards is coming down, so you can have 2TB in many of the FiiO players. My brother has a similar setup and uses bluetooth.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, Jud said:

Higher resolutions may need wi-fi, though on occasion I've streamed 24/96 reasonably well over a cell connection.)

Recently increased my Internet speed from 12 Mbps upload to 40. Might be coincidence or imagination, but 24/96 seems to work better now over a cell connection.

(Now at gigabit download speed. Installed a Wi-Fi 6 PCIE card in my desktop, and waiting for availability of a Wi-Fi 6 gateway.)

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I’m way out here in two-bar land. 🙂  (And that’s with the only cell network that reaches the area reliably. I have my mobile service with Comcast, which uses Verizon’s network.)

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

Quoting myself here:

I normally don't stream high res over cell networks because it uses data FAST! Apparently AT&Ts unlimited data, isn't...  ha.

Ask me how I know...

Yep, same with Comcast (and I assume Verizon). After 20 GB, your cell service is “throttled.”

So I wait until 10 days before the billing cycle ends to stream hi res, since during my daily walks and the few times I drive, I use about 2GB per day.

1 minute ago, Jud said:

Yep, same with Comcast (and I assume Verizon). After 20 GB, your cell service is “throttled.”

So I wait until 10 days before the billing cycle ends to stream hi res, since during my daily walks and the few times I drive, I use about 2GB per day.

AT&T let me get to 86GB before they called me to see WTF I was doing, haha. SO now if I stream over a cell network it's rarely, and at CD quality.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 4:03 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thanks @Jud

Another member PM'd me to let me know Plex with the Prism music app will do this. 

Still not a complete integration with my HiFi servers, but it's a start.

ive got this working in my car. Genesis G 70 Sport with CarPlay. 8tb of FLAC or ALAC on my NAS and in G Suite. Bought the CloudBeats app for $6.99 and utter perfection. Very happy! 

CB05DC10-17A0-48C5-BB9F-0F9364B22FD6.png