IGNORED

Happy Birthday and welcome AudiophileOptimizer 3.00

Phil,

Believe me I read them all and they do not clarify the issues I mention, at least not sufficiently.  Why would I be bothering to offer these suggestions otherwise?   How does it make sense for servicetool to offer mode change when it cannot?  Anyway, it caused me a lot of time and trouble and I hope to help others avoid this.

I want to make clear that otherwise I think AO is a great enhancement as are your many helpful instructions and pdfs.

16 hours ago, riboge said:

Phil,

Believe me I read them all and they do not clarify the issues I mention, at least not sufficiently.  Why would I be bothering to offer these suggestions otherwise?   How does it make sense for servicetool to offer mode change when it cannot?  Anyway, it caused me a lot of time and trouble and I hope to help others avoid this.

I want to make clear that otherwise I think AO is a great enhancement as are your many helpful instructions and pdfs.

Hello

It is a "dual function" and to reduce complexity in coding the name does show all possibilites but rather only the one appplicable in each situation. We'll of course take care of that in the next version of the manuals, thank you for your input.

Very best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

24 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Dear Ben

We definitely want to come up with a new AO version alongside with Windows Server 2022. It's not yet sure if it will be a 3.10 or 4.00 version and I can't say an exact time frame yet, but a new version is planned for sure.

Very best,

AudioPhil

Thanks for answering, Phil.

That's good news🥳

Sadly, I didn't realize so much time had passed... to the point that WS 2022 has been in public beta for 2 months already and is planned for release in just another 6-8 months 😱

That puts your upcoming release not too, too far off 👍 Good luck with it, I'm certainly looking forward to it 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have rerun my AO optimization on my CONTROL-PC running on Windows Server 2019 Core and in the process I had inadvertently disabled Network Services. After reboot, I have reset the optimizations and rerun the optimization again and made sure not to disable Network services but now Tidal from BubbleUpnp doesn't work and Remote desktop also stopped working. Jplay streaming works though. 

Anyone encountered the same issue? It looks like the Reset Optimization doesn't undo the Network changes. Unfortunately I don't have a backup of the OS. 

2 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

I have rerun my AO optimization on my CONTROL-PC running on Windows Server 2019 Core and in the process I had inadvertently disabled Network Services. After reboot, I have reset the optimizations and rerun the optimization again and made sure not to disable Network services but now Tidal from BubbleUpnp doesn't work and Remote desktop also stopped working. Jplay streaming works though. 

Anyone encountered the same issue? It looks like the Reset Optimization doesn't undo the Network changes. Unfortunately I don't have a backup of the OS. 

100% sure you did a reset using the ServiceTool?

____________________________________________________________________________________

7 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

Yes, I used the ServiceTool to reset the optimization. 

Hi Lukasluis

OK, in this case please run setup.exe from AO 3.00 one more time. The system will reboot in the end, after that please check your services again.

Best,

AudioPhil

1 hour ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi Lukasluis

OK, in this case please run setup.exe from AO 3.00 one more time. The system will reboot in the end, after that please check your services again.

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil,

I have run the setup again and after reboot I still I could not connect to remote desktop and bubble Tidal is still not working. I checked the services and I saw 3 remote desktop services were not started so I started them manually. Also checked the open ports and port 3389 is not in the list. 

6 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

Hi Phil,

I have run the setup again and after reboot I still I could not connect to remote desktop and bubble Tidal is still not working. I checked the services and I saw 3 remote desktop services were not started so I started them manually. Also checked the open ports and port 3389 is not in the list. 

Hi Phil, I got the Bubble Upnp working again by resetting/re-entering the Dns server client address. I discovered the issue because of Jplay license error.

I could not add back the port used for Remote desktop due to errors as the command is dependent on the Windows firewall to be active. Anyways, I can live without the remote access. 

15 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

Hi Phil, I got the Bubble Upnp working again by resetting/re-entering the Dns server client address. I discovered the issue because of Jplay license error.

I could not add back the port used for Remote desktop due to errors as the command is dependent on the Windows firewall to be active. Anyways, I can live without the remote access. 

hm, this all sounds just like a config issue to me? While running AO, did you also say no to disable Remote Desktop? Did you make sure the RDP services are starting automatically? And did you check that your user actually has the rights to access the machine using RDP?

Best,

AudioPhil

5 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

hm, this all sounds just like a config issue to me? While running AO, did you also say no to disable Remote Desktop? Did you make sure the RDP services are starting automatically? And did you check that your user actually has the rights to access the machine using RDP?

Best,

AudioPhil

I answered No on Disable Remote Desktop. Now even after Optimization was reset using the service tool, I see the 3 Remote Desktop-named services are not starting automarically. 

1 hour ago, Lukasluis said:

I answered No on Disable Remote Desktop. Now even after Optimization was reset using the service tool, I see the 3 Remote Desktop-named services are not starting automarically. 

Can you set them to automatic start manually?

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Mark Labbett said:

got it sorted with custom shell

Very well done! AO3.00 natively supports JRiver 17-27. For the moment a custom shell is the best way.

8 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Very well done! AO3.00 natively supports JRiver 17-27. For the moment a custom shell is the best way.

so using custom shell i could start jriver and fidelizer at the same time? what would be the best order to do such a thing fidelizer first or jriver? thanks

i have a gigabyte sniper g1 motherboard and don't use raid and only have SATA connections for my HDD, can i disable SCSI- Miniport Drivers? when it says that i won't be able to boot again is that just the AO partition or the whole computer(2 Partitions one AO 1 Windows 10)? i could live with just reinstalling AO it would be a pain to have to do both.

On 7/5/2021 at 1:50 AM, Mark Labbett said:

so using custom shell i could start jriver and fidelizer at the same time? what would be the best order to do such a thing fidelizer first or jriver? thanks

With a custom shell you can create exactly what you need and define all yourself. Please check our PDF manual and also give this a read here: https://shop.highend-audiopc.com/blogs/audiophils-blog/customshell-as-shell-replacement

On 7/6/2021 at 5:24 PM, Mark Labbett said:

i have a gigabyte sniper g1 motherboard and don't use raid and only have SATA connections for my HDD, can i disable SCSI- Miniport Drivers? when it says that i won't be able to boot again is that just the AO partition or the whole computer(2 Partitions one AO 1 Windows 10)? i could live with just reinstalling AO it would be a pain to have to do both.

Hi

Yes that will be all fine, no worries :)

Best,
AudioPhil

1 hour ago, Mark Labbett said:

if for some reason i have it wrong then the only partition that wont boot will be the AO one so the windows 10 partition will still boot? Thanks

Exactly yes, only the booted partition on which you have AO installed/running will be affected.

• 1 month later...

I am trying to figure out what is going on at HIghend-AudioPC.com.  

I asked a question a while back about my two AO licenses.  It took almost 1.5 months to get an answer from Claudia.  

I upgraded a 2.0 license as well and it has been almost 10 days and they have not activated my new license.  I have sent emails and had no response. 

I hope everything is ok with Phil but it seems that something is amiss at the moment.  

Does anyone know what is going with Highend-AudioPC?

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"