IGNORED

Which is louder a Ferrari F12 or B&O Beolab 90 speakers?

Here's your answer

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

Note the appalling recording technique - massive clipping from the exhaust sound, and when just the driver speaks the waveform shows full range peaks from the sound of his voice. Gets "Best Choice of Microphone" award of the month ...

2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

the louder cars are on the track, not in a museum

Much better than on public roads. :o

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

16 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

hmmmm... would a Ferrari sound faster than a good electrostatic speaker ??

Einstein had proved that nothing can be faster than a good electrostatic speaker long ago ..

Or was it Eisenstein..

9_9

On 5/11/2019 at 10:59 AM, AudioDoctor said:

I bet it sounds absolutely and stunningly wonderful though. Is it a 917?

Unfortunately I can't remember which car it was, and I haven't had the pleasure of visiting in person. There is a Youtube video of a visit to the museum with a sound meter. Yes, they actually fired the cars up! in the museum!

3 hours ago, GregWormald said:

Unfortunately I can't remember which car it was, and I haven't had the pleasure of visiting in person. There is a Youtube video of a visit to the museum with a sound meter. Yes, they actually fired the cars up! in the museum!

Porsche is awesome!

No electron left behind.

10 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I know right, how on earth are you supposed to tell the difference between a CD and a copy of that CD with all that racket going on next to you on your Sunday drives?

At my age I don't need Sunday drives, especially when I often have to take family members to Sydney and back which is a 240KM round trip , besides which tyre and road noise is a bit intrusive at Motorway speeds.:$

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

you are supposed to use the euphonic motor sounds to drown out the tire and road noise

dunno what can be done about tyre noise

You tire after hard work.

A tyre is fitted to a car's wheel, except in the U.S.A. where they can't spell the English word correctly.:P

18 hours ago, sandyk said:

At my age I don't need Sunday drives, especially when I often have to take family members to Sydney and back which is a 240KM round trip , besides which tyre and road noise is a bit intrusive at Motorway speeds.:$

You would hate my car...

No electron left behind.

5 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Nope - you guys are backward.

or upside down

Tyre is the correct English spelling and they are in the same Hemisphere as you Yanks are.

AudioDoctor

Lotsa luck drowning out Ralf11 with euphonic motor sounds .¬¬

Speaking of loud Porsches...  the 991.1 and .2 RSRs are LOUD! and sound amazing.  I put them right up there with the 333SP as one of the best sounding race cars ever.

Best guess of the specs I am aware of is 4.0 liter flat 6, 550hp at 9500rpm.

No electron left behind.

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Tyre is the correct English spelling and they are in the same Hemisphere as you Yanks are.

AudioDoctor

Are you sure about that?  I can press a button and completely by pass the mufflers...

No electron left behind.

9 minutes ago, sandyk said:

AudioDoctor

"they" ???

I'm in the U.S. - we don't worship the Queen.  Tire is correct.  Tyre is like a funeral pyre