IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

1 minute ago, Joerg D said:

Hello

I have reduced the Ethernet speed to 100 Mbit in the Expert Setup. The SQ has improved somewhat. The sound has become a bit finer, more relaxed and more musical.

-s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

Jörg

The problem is buffering tracks take so long with 100mbit. Have you tried disconnect network option? Works well for me. Add album or playlist and sit back and enjoy with network connected. 

• 2 weeks later...

Help needed?

I updated my Asus Rog Bios today. All went well. Configured bios to what it was before. 

When I set my CPU frequency to say 4.6. Then hit temp/cpu. My frequency is jumping about all over the place, from 0.7ghz to 4.6ghz. It never done this before, it was fixed at 4.6ghz. 

Is this normal? 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, organics1 said:

Euphony does have a more refined sound in my system. BUT, not so much that I'm willing to deep six Daphile, which represents the least amount of hassle. I've got two Optane drives, one for each. When I get close to driving myself to madness with Euphony I switch back to Daphile...and bre-e-e-e-e-a-t-h-e. 😄

What exactly is Euphony doing that doesn’t let you breathe? 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, dc-audiogeek said:

Is there a way to tell Euphony Stylus to disconnect from the network to play local files? Sometimes I get a pop up that offers to do this when i’m playing an album, but it doesnt appear consistently and I’d like to know how to control it.

Add album go to expert menu. There’s a play button. It disconnects the network 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, flkin said:

Someone here asked whether PGGB WV files can be played under Euphony and I had replied yes.

Need to quality that by saying low res WV seems fine but I'm having "internal data stream error" message when trying the larger res files like 32/768 or 32/705.

Hi you can’t use WV with 32bit. I got same error. Just untick the wv flac box. I also had to restart my pc to take affect. WV & Flac works with 24bit. That’s my understanding. 

1 hour ago, zeblo69 said:

Hi everybody.

I'm new in this forum. Kindly, does anyone tell me what command to type and in which field io order to see IRQs assignment? I'm not an Euphony Stylus expert... I have installed the latest version.

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian

Hi Seb, did you read Euphony instructions on their site? 

https://euphony-audio.com/hesk/knowledgebase.php?category=8

Here’s example of my Core Isolation & IRQ’s. Your IRQ number will be different to mine. As it depends how many processors you have. 

0-5 acpid 0-1 smbd 0-1 systemd 2-3 nfm 2-3 dhcpcd 4-5 dbus-daemon 4-5 haveged 4-5 lvmetad 4-5 avahi-daemon 4-5 stylus 6-7 gstp 8-19 irq/147 18 irq/148 10 irq/165 17 irq/166 8 irq/167 9 irq/168 16 irq/169 11 irq/170 12 irq/171 13 irq/172 14 irq/173 15 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Anwar said:

I have not done any comparison with the older Euphony versions using my current streamer build.  I do have the image for 1102, can try when I am free.

Hi Anwar, I would encourage you to try for yourself & make up your own mind. Some like previous version and some don’t. I suspect it’s system dependant. This goes for Euphony, AL, Windows. I do think there’s differences in tones. Lots of choices & I’m sure you’ll like something that suits your ear. 

Actually my system has changed so much in last few years I’m going to revisit Windows, AL & previous version of Euphony. 

2 hours ago, flkin said:

True, but only if you enter into Settings. Otherwise the prompt doesn’t pop up. Of course you won’t get the latest changes too but to me the 1102 sounds far better than the latest 0614 which I find less engaging, more digital with a smaller soundstage

Based on memory alone do you have a comment about the older Euphony versions (Jan 2021 and before) compared with the Win10/Hysolid?

Wow that’s some system you have put together! I also see the amount of kit you have “gathering dust” some amount of resale value there. 

Very nice, must sound fantastic. 👍

2 hours ago, biosailor said:

Can this feature be de-activated?

C7F79000-C58D-4E14-B26B-0DB46C95018E.png

The whole idea is to buffer a full album sit back & enjoy full album with network connected. It comes back online when album is finished. If you decide to interrupt network connection (turn back on) you can hit power button once on your server. It works with my server, might not work with yours. So only option is to restart your server by holding power button. 

If you usually change your mind often & want to change songs frequently then maybe it not the best option. I don’t use the feature all the time for this reason. 

2 hours ago, c-w said:

It stands to reason that no physical connection is better than only a disabled network adapter. So for maximum effect you should also try disconnecting the cable after starting "Play and disconnect" (not sure how Euphony handles disconnecting the cable otherwise - if the network is in an active state...).

My understanding is Euphony network is completely shutdown. I think pulling the cable out causes the network card to keep checking if cable is there. Which results in network activity. 

24 minutes ago, c-w said:

I'll admit that I never looked at any network driver or NIC firmware implementation but I found all your premises suspect:
1) Disabling the network stack surely doesn't 'shutdown' the card (whatever "shutdown" should mean...)
2) If the network were completely shutdown why would it be constantly checking anything?
3) Why would the card check if the cable is there - what is there to check? I would rather assume that connecting the cable triggers the activity in the card's firmware.
4) Even if the NIC would constantly check if the cable is there, why would this create "network activity"? This would be entirely inside the card and since I cannot assume that disabling network interface in kernel somehow powers-down the card this would hardly influence anything since some kind of idle loop must be going on in the card firmware at all times (enabled/disabled, cable connected or not...)

I may be completely wrong (i.e., while disabled, NIC is in low power mode and removing the cable indeed wakes it up increasing the noise from card circuits...), but all this is moot anyway... Somebody ought to really check it. 

Sounds like you have all the answers. Clearly you know much more than me. Good points you make. 👍