IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

HQPe users out there. How we doing CPU Temp wise? I have a i9900K and upsampling from DSD128 to DSD256 ASDM7EC….Some of my cores are hitting 90 to 100 degrees at times. Not exactly comfortable with that. Earlier releases were not that extreme. I just rolled back to 0603; lets see how that goes.

edit: big difference with 0603

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Guys, how do you expect Zeijko to cover his development costs? He clearly needs to charge for it. Same with HQP & many other software out there. You paid for V3, it’s yours forever. If you feel V4 is worth the upgrade then I agree you need to pay for it. 

I certainly don’t have an issue with it. & I have 2 V3 licences. 

Same here….Look at it this way; we all have invested a lot of money in our systems, think of it as a small monthly maintenance fee. Hopefully this results in more timely fixes and updates when needed and in the end the result is a better product and experience overall.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have a question for Stylus + HQPe users. If both load to Cache & buffer to Ram are enabled. Which takes precedent for playback? My observation is that HQPe loads to Ram even if it is not done so in settings. My point is this: those of us who have the Femto NVMe it would seem it is being underutilized if Ramroot is enabled and HQPe is in use as tracks are automatically buffered. In addition for me V4 seems to have buffering issues with Ramroot enabled. Maybe I need more Ram, my Apacer stick is 32G if I recall. Thoughts? Am I missing something? Maybe my understanding is not fully there. I haven’t tagged the Euphony team yet.

Thanks…..Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, c-w said:

v4 Beta 20221005 is out:

Changes:
- Default Roon version: 1.8 Legacy
- Roon version shown in Settings
- Enabled writing to attached disks over SMB share
- Fixed Roon - StylusEP playback
- Fixed Roon discovery of StylusEP as Squeezebox endpoint
- Fixed a problem when not all internal cards are shown
- Fixed several errors that cause error dialog to appear

HQPe stopped working for me….

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sandston said:

Could someone please help with the correct setting for Euphony with Roon. My previous setup is Roon Core setup on an Intel NUC playing to an Opticalrendu over ethernet. I have just installed Euphony on the hardrive of my intel Nuc and I am able to get Stylus to play through the Opticalrendu when the rendu is set to UPNP. I cannot figure out what settings are required to add Roon back into the mix. I was able to figure it out during my trial phase with Euphony V3 running on a USB drive but I cannot repeat this in Euphony V4 installed on my Optane hardrive. 

What setting should the Sonore Rend software be on? Roon, UPNP, something else? What setting should I be using in the Euphony Stylus software? Roon, Roon Core, Roon + Stylu EP? I would like to use the Roon UI and take advantage of the purported better sound quality of bringing Euphony into the mix. Right out of the gate I can already tell I prefer Euphony to Roon on its own but as most people have stated Roon still gets a boost when run in the Euphony environment. I would like to switch between Euphony for critical listening and Euphony plus Roon for casual listening and discovery. Thank You in advanced and I apologize if this topic has been covered. I have searched high and low for a simple primer to this setup and support from Euphony has been vague at best,

Go to the Sonicorbiter GUI and select Roon Ready in the App Switcher Tab:

54398F92-2D6E-4733-8DFC-5E0F5EFDABEE.png

Then select Roon Core in Stylus. Then in Roon select the Optical Rendu as your Audio Output. Make sure your oRendu can see your DAC if not it will not show up as an output in Roon.

6 hours ago, sandston said:

Thank you BCRch for you quick response. I have gone through your suggested sequence I'm able to see the Euphony Roon core and log on however it is not seeing my Opticalrendu in Roon. "No audio devices found". In sonic orbiter using dac diagnostics it sees my dac . I can play using Euphony Stylus to my Orendi in mpd/DLNA mode. It's worked before in trial mode however that was in Euphony V3. Any other suggestions?

So in the Roon GUI select Audio Output Device does not populate the Optical Rendu? I would reboot everything including the Network. I just set it on my system and it works. Even though my signature say the Summus for Roon Core for testing purposes I am using the HDPlex right now as I don’t have Euphony 4 on my Summus yet.

I had to revert to the previous update. Last track of Elton Johns “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” failed to play even though it showed as buffered. After that I could not get anything else to play including Qobuz. Maybe it didn’t install correctly. I’ll give it another try in a bit. I did feel like there was more air and a greater sense of depth to the soundstage.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, jacky5555 said:

I still keep Euphony ver3.

Yesterday I tried to change from Stylus to Roon core on Euphony, but could not log in Roon's account.

Roon app indicated "Unauthorized: Please enter your account's password properly", even I typed it correctly many times. 

Is problem caused by Euphony ver3 (no longer support Roon?) or Roon itself?

What version of Roon are you using? I am unable to get Roon to work on my Summus Server which is still on V3; regardless if it is Version 1.8 or 2.0.

My Custom HDPlex is running Euphony V4 and has no issues with Roon 2.0. Note: my Summus issue could be whole different problem, I was told Roon 2.0 is too complex for Euphony V3’s code.

Mike