IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

42 minutes ago, drjimwillie said:

This is such a PITA

I had to purchase the software before I saw where to put my coupon code so I purchased a full price license. Now I have to go through the hassle of being refunded. 

I purchased a different license using my coupon code. Now I currently own three Euphony licenses. 

it is a pain to have to reload off the freaking USB drive. Why can’t we just upgrade like we did any other time. I don’t like messing around like this. The whole idea of euphony is it supposed to be simple, I should just be able to update my system within the software. 

now, I’m having trouble writing to the USB drive. it is a brand-new super high-end USB 3.1 Samsung 32 GB flash drive  
The downloader has downloaded 100% and I’m waiting for it to do something with the written progress bar.

nothing yet.

do I start over. 
This is why I hate this shit

I haven’t found Euphony downloader trustworthy in writing new image, prefer to download then use Rufus under windows to write image

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Discovered a bug with v4 release 20220708 GUI, using win10/ Firefox browser

when I chose to get album cover from the web, if artist is left blank, the session window will lock up, you can't do anything.

If you close and reopen the window all works normally. You must have something in the artist field to avoid this

What should happen is that search completes when artist field is empty, based on album title alone and you can continue normally from there

Believe there is a later release (0720 /possible fix?) but it may be beta only as I don't get notification there is an update when I check, just a cryptic message

Channel: stable.UPDATE_CHECK_STATUS_404

is everyone else seeing the same results with version 4 regardless of release version?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

29 minutes ago, Helmut said:

You have to go to the system expert settings. Scroll down to Update channel and even if there is stable in the window save this setting. Now you can update🙋‍♂️

Perfect. Still seeing same "get cover" issue with 0720. And not certain that album cover feature is working, couldn't get it to find any covers while playing with search function

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

41 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

I asked if I could transfer my v3 license to the new server before upgrading.  Here was what I was told...

"please send this request via support.

https://euphony-audio.com/hesk/

You need to open a support ticket about your problem!"

Perfectly normal. They will need the voucher code from the system tab on the prior server and the HW ID of the new server. Best to use the trial v4 to get the HW ID as v3 install may not recognize newer HW, produce a different HW ID than v4

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

16 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Anyone else having a problem with Qobuz via Euphony this morning? Can't get album covers to display, keep getting this error

"Unexpected exception: resultsObj[("page" + i)] is not iterable (cannot read property undefined)"

occurs with original boot stick and 0720 HD update

So now some partial success, favorites and new work but featured and all still cause the error. Must be server issue at Qobuz as no internet

problems here

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if Željko is still working for Euphony?

He did something special for me in v3 to help streaming from Qobuz work in my setup.

But the new guy Robert does not want to do the same trick in v4, which renders v4 useless for me.

The config file needs a flag set to "1" but I am a linux noob so I have no idea how to do it myself...

Can we still ssh into v4 anyway?

Cheers

Steve 

Did you open a support ticket?  I think Robert is business office/$$ whereas Zelijko is the developer/ user support.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question for Stylus + HQPe users. If both load to Cache & buffer to Ram are enabled. Which takes precedent for playback? My observation is that HQPe loads to Ram even if it is not done so in settings. My point is this: those of us who have the Femto NVMe it would seem it is being underutilized if Ramroot is enabled and HQPe is in use as tracks are automatically buffered. In addition for me V4 seems to have buffering issues with Ramroot enabled. Maybe I need more Ram, my Apacer stick is 32G if I recall. Thoughts? Am I missing something? Maybe my understanding is not fully there. I haven’t tagged the Euphony team yet.

Thanks…..Mike

IME HQPe does it’s own cache. There is no playback advantage to enabling anything other than cache to disk for frequently played content when using HQPe as output option

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, dgilz said:

Hi there,

I've been reading this topic for a while, thinking about moving my old mac mini from MacOS w/Audirvana 3.5 to Euphony, or at least give it a try.

I have many tera of files and use extensively hi-res Qobuz as well.

My first question : my files are on a macos file system, will Europhony be abble ton read them at least ?
Second : is there an ipad or iphone app like Audirvana remote ? 

Thanks for your help, and sorry if the answers are hidden somewhere above in the thread : I did a search as a start, but couldn't find my infos.

I use the Euphony app from my iPhone or iPad but my music is on a NAS with SMB server enabled.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 12:37 PM, tom_on_wheels said:

v4.20220905 is out!

Getting this error after update

"To install Euphony on internal drive use 'Install'.

If you want to continue using Euphony from USB stick you must perform 'Finalize USB stick'."

Euphony was installed and running on NVMe drive already before the latest update.

Application seems to work but the yellow caution does cover up stuff that need to be seen until you click on it

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, BBPLEX2022 said:

So, installed the last Beta and the Roon+StylusEP is working via Squeezelite. But i have two problems:

-Roon+StylusEP woks but i cannot cahnge the volume in roon. Dont remember if thats a limitation that already existed or if something is broke. But having volume control is crucial for me.

-Roon+HQplayer and Stylus+HQplayer is not working for me. I have HQplayer embedded 4.30.2 and in the HQplayer settings page(ip:8090) always says "No internet access, please check your network!" Anda of course i have internet connection (Stylus alone works fine with Qobuz)

Some feedback from you guys is apreciated.

Volume control is DAC dependent... what DAC do you have?

HQPe has known difficulties if the PC has 2 Ethernet ports, doesn't know which one to use in its default configuration

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

9 hours ago, al2813 said:

I swap very often the audio output in Euphony: 

- Back and forth on my main DAC (USB to the Euphony server) when I use my CD player and return to the streamer 

- When switching on my rpi in the kitchen used as UPNP end point 

Every time I want to refresh the available outputs to select the one just added, the app throws an error. In one out of two cases I need to restart the app to be able to activate the desired output and play music. V3 had this issue as well but a lot less - the app restart was required every few days. 

I was hoping this was going to be solved with the recent update. Nope. 

Anyone else has this issue? 

Switching devices often causes loss of DAC sync, i.e.   switch between Stylus to HQPe output or swap DAC's attached to  DDC, then I get typical digital garbage.

If I go to settings > music service > {device} > info button there is a DAC reset button that fixes the issue without restarting app but thats a deep dive,

would be better if the DAC reset option could be accessed from a play screen sub menu with 1 click vs leaving the play screen, 4 clicks away

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

7 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Switching devices often causes loss of DAC sync, i.e.   switch between Stylus to HQPe output or swap DAC's attached to  DDC, then I get typical digital garbage.

If I go to settings > music service > {device} > info button there is a DAC reset button that fixes the issue without restarting app but thats a deep dive,

would be better if the DAC reset option could be accessed from a play screen sub menu with 1 click vs leaving the play screen, 4 clicks away

Maybe the simplest solution of all would be if choosing or re-selecting the active device on home screen always forced a DAC reset....it doesn't appear to do so now

when you change devices

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Johnseye said:

The switch shouldn't matter. Euphony builds the signature off of the motherboard.

Correct. But SFP ports aren't standard on  MOBO's, so high probability that going "direct" means  that at a minimum the default port

{built in NIC} is no longer the correct port for Ethernet connection in Euphony config.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 8:00 AM, al2813 said:

Thanks! I will disconnect it as well in the bios. I currently have an Intel 670p SSD. Funds are limited until I can sell alot of stuff that I replaced in recent months in my system. Will get an Optan drive once funds permit. 

Optane memory used as SSD is not supported in newer NUC's.{ I have an 11 series, believe support ended with 10 series}

When I had an 8 series, I found I preferred the 660p over Optane memory, less edgy and in switching to a 670p for the 11 series, could not really detect a difference vs the 660p

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 9:43 AM, drjimwillie said:

Good day music loving friends,

when I listen to Qobuz And the track I am listening to ends, Qobuz plays other similar music for me.

is there a way to enable that in Euphony?

I think I remember that there was a radio function in Euphony, but I think it only played selections from your local library. I have not seen or used it for a while, so I do not know if it still exists.

however, I am looking for this function to pull music from Qobuz. 

also, now that I am thinking of it, I read somewhere in the Euphony instructions that if I wanted all of the features from Qobuz, to use their website or interface. I have never tried it because then I did not think I would be using Euphony. 

from time to time I would like to have the Qobuz interface so that I could access their playlists or new music.

thank you and I hope you are all enjoying some wonderful music.

Will

Qobuz doesn't make a player app for Linux, ergo any developer adding Qobuz under linux is limited to whatever rudimentary tool kit Qobuz provides for

streaming certification and support to the developers own player

https://help.qobuz.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026344152-Qobuz-apps-

this is Qobuz's choice in limitation.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Its pr

21 minutes ago, Smaragdhk said:

Can anyone confirm how long it takes to change kernels? I had to revert to the original production version 20220905 after many bugs started showing up, including not being able to communicate with the Euphony Server even though able to stream fro Qobuz and Tidal...

I want to change audio kernel from 5.14 back to 5.18 ... it seems to take forever.

Seems like the normal time for a version update, like maybe 1-2 minutes for partition updates.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

3 hours ago, TimF said:

Hey all, quick question… 

In V3 I was able to try HQplayer upsampling, in V4 it doesn’t seem to work. I wanted to test it (as well as MOZZAIK). I’ve found the right settings page and it does show upsampling to DSD256 in orange on the right above the track. Any idea what could be wrong? 

Thanks, Tim 

Works fine for most of us. Can you describe your setup, PC "horsepower", and provide a screenshot of the HQP parameters. Do be aware that DSD256 up-sampling will require more CPU power, have you tried starting with DSD 64?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

48 minutes ago, TimF said:

Thanks v much.. my PC (very powerful) and Dac (DSD256) are fine. I'm just not clear how to get HQPlayer started. This was all fine on V3. I'm just struggling with how to use this new version 4. 

Try these two things

1) enable auto rate family and restart

2) enable DOP and restart

I have a DDC that doesn't allow native DSD over USB so the DOP option comes into play.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

20 hours ago, TimF said:

I’m not clear why these two settings will help me. Could you explain what they do? Thanks 

Auto rate is mostly for PCM up sampling, to insure that 44.1 rates aren't forced to a 48 k multiple and vice versa. Not sure if it applies to DSD.

It should not interfere with playback and will prevent aggravation from poor sound due to mismatched up-sampling

DoP encapsulates DSD as PCM packets that the receiver converts back to DSD. If you are using a remote endpoint DoP is used. Not needed

if your DAC supports DSD and is directly USB attached to the server vs using a DDC or remote endpoint in between

Regards,

Dave

Audio system