IGNORED

CD players are back ?

35 minutes ago, ajay556 said:

You simply cannot send the buffered data  and have DAC reclock without errors and independent of the source.

Of course you can! My DAC, a PS Audio DirectStream, has a track you can play that will show the text “Bit Perfect” on its display if the track gets to the DAC bit perfect. I have done this over USB and the Ethernet interface using both a direct connection and a Roon (with and without HQPlayer). 

So, again, you show you have no idea what you are talking about. 

2 hours ago, ajay556 said:

ok you are just not getting the concept. You are thinking PS Audio bit perfect has anything to do with this conversation...thats like saying my  300 watt amp performance perfectly at 300 watts ...  And fyi..i had PS audio direct stream too..i sold it for a CD player that killed the PS audio in music performance....PS audio makes great digital players but its not in par with truly high end digital playback - there goes your bit perfect logic....so please sign off from this thread

I couldn't care less what you think of my DAC. Based on what you've posted, you have no idea what you are talking about anyway.

My point is that I know the digital chain I am using gets music files to the digital side of my DAC bit perfect. The DirectStream DAC completely ignores the clocking from the data stream and figures out the frequency to use based on the data itself. In other words, the raw data is read in and clocked using the DirectStream's internal clocks only. The quality, or lack thereof, of the external clocks matter not. Again, the music data gets to the DAC bit perfect, no matter what you think you know or say.

23 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

this part is true

No, it's not. you or I can make claims all day long without studying digital processing. Regardless of who makes claims, the validity of the claims is the evidence that supports or disputes them. Who makes the claims has zero impact of the validity of those claims.

This guy is using the "appeal to authority" logical fallacy to support what he says.

11 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

I would never buy anything from PS Audio after reading their bullshit about their DMP.  Sorry, liars, your product is nothing special regarding use as a 'transport' for SACD.  Denon was offering affordable players that were permitted by Sony & Co. to output raw DSD via their DenonLink.  Denon did this as far back as 2005.  So PS takes innards from Oppo, substitutes a few things and then pretends they are "one of the first" to do something that has been done for well over a decade...blech.  Of course, certain types of "audiophiles" and the "press" let them get away with this because a brand like Denon is considered "junk" and unworthy of notice lmao.  If your product is good, let it stand on its actual merits without lies and distortions.

Of course, a PS Audio apologist might point out that their product is only a transport, while the Denon units all had onboard DACs that could also output analog multichannel and not just the raw digital DSD via Denon Link 3rd, so the Denons were all "players" and not "transports" haha!  If anything, however, it makes Denon all the more remarkable for negotiating with Sony to include such a feature on mainstream products with reasonable prices, and at such an early date.

From May of 2005:

https://usa.denon.com/us/news/archive/7

There were also players that could output DSD over HDMI long before PS Audio's product came out, going back to 2012 or earlier, but I don't recall which brands.

I don’t think anyone here cares about your disdain for PS Audio. Your wall of text looks like a vindictive rant. 

The only PS Audio product I would consider buying is their DirectStream DAC and that was designed by Ted Smith who is an absolute genius and not a PS Audio employee.

I would never buy a CD player from them. I don’t think I would a CD player from anyone as I much prefer streaming ripped content. 

8 hours ago, The_K-Man said:

". I don’t think I would a CD player from anyone as I

much prefer streaming ripped content"

Spoken like a true millennial.  

Streaming for me is a convenience when on vacation, and it still has a ways to go to match the fidelity of Red Book CD.  At home and in the car, it's a combination of CDs and the phone for me - wired of course, into the Aux jack, or at home through a vacant tape-in, not Blue Tooth. ;) 

You might want to read the “streaming ripped content” text again and figure out what that means. 

13 minutes ago, The_K-Man said:

I'm from the 20th century.  I don't need to know what all that means.  

I do rip tracks from my CDs into mp3 & wave in iTunes, then transfer the tracks to my iPod and iPhone.  

I would assume "streaming ripped content" means to access files ripped from CD that are stored remotely, in the Cloud, etc.  Either way it doesn't matter as I do not use the 'Cloud', being as I am, from the 20th century.

You might want to bring your knowledge level up a bit BEFORE you criticize solutions and technologies you do not understand.

1 hour ago, The_K-Man said:

Thank you for breaking that down.

As for the MP3 vs higher res audio files, I encode MP3 at higher rates.  If I encoded at 128kb all the time, I'd have no excuse to complain. I chose that low bitrate, now I have to eat it, or, re-encode at higher MP3 rates or go to another lossy format.

At the same rate. AAC is better than MP3 by quite a bit. In fact, MP3 is dead....and AAC is just plain better.