IGNORED

GentooPlayer

3 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

5.10.14-GentooPlayer-MIN-NOGRAPH+
profile2 or profile4 or no profile

I used profile 2.. and now profile 3.
but I admit that I am not sure to hear a difference. The USBBridge is used as an NAA renderer and the differences are on the top floor: HQPlayer / Roon server.

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 7:38 AM, Zsivjos said:

Hi,

I'm planning to migrate to Gentooplayer from RopieeXL. Kudos for the great work!

I'm using a Marantz SA-KI Ruby as a DAC. Is there a way to know if the USB input will work for DSD files, or must I install and try?

I'm also hesitating between a Pi4 and the Allo USBridge Sig. Anyone having tried both with the Gentoo, is the Allo worth the price gap?

Thanks!

according to the features section it looks like it does work for DSD files:

https://www.marantz.com/en-us/product/cd-players/sakiruby

Hello, I don't speak English and I use a translator. Please help me get Audirvana on Gentooplayer. In the windows firewall, Audirvana has all access permissions. In Gentooplayer I have Mpd and UpMpdCli and RoonBridge running, but audirvana cannot see gentoo. Volumio is visible immediately and works fine.

Hello and sorry for the post form, but I am using a translator. I know it's not a gentooplayer problem but I'm having trouble crashing audirvana. I often have the text "loading first track" and the program does not respond. The only advice is to reboot the gentooplayer. Maybe someone knows the method how to avoid such events. Regards.

1 minute ago, Williusz said:

Hello and sorry for the post form, but I am using a translator. I know it's not a gentooplayer problem but I'm having trouble crashing audirvana. I often have the text "loading first track" and the program does not respond. The only advice is to reboot the gentooplayer. Maybe someone knows the method how to avoid such events. Regards.

yes i know of this problem with audirvana....the only thing you can try is to try to downgrade upmpdcli..

image.thumb.png.d8d856fe35214f2c92f290000572d795.png

System: Allo Sparky USBridge > Mytek Brooklyn DAC
Objective: UPnP (Tidal via mConnect, Radio via VTuner Android app), Spotify Connect.
Motivation to test Gentooplayer; Volumio stopped development for Sparky. Dietpi hard to set up (E.g. can't get Spotify Connect to work).

Steps: Flashed Gentooplayer to MicroSD. Logged in to webinterface 192.xxx.xxx.xx:5000. Got a trial key. GP-update. Enabled software: BubbleUpnp, Mpd, UpMpdCli, Spotify connect. (Reboot after every step).

Result: No music yet. Gentooplayer shows in UPnP Android apps like BubbleUPnP, mConnect and VTuner. However; No sound when GP selected. The Android Spotify app does not show the Gentooplayer.

Any solutions?
4 minutes ago, Olaf said:
System: Allo Sparky USBridge > Mytek Brooklyn DAC
Objective: UPnP (Tidal via mConnect, Radio via VTuner Android app), Spotify Connect.
Motivation to test Gentooplayer; Volumio stopped development for Sparky. Dietpi hard to set up (E.g. can't get Spotify Connect to work).

Steps: Flashed Gentooplayer to MicroSD. Logged in to webinterface 192.xxx.xxx.xx:5000. Got a trial key. GP-update. Enabled software: BubbleUpnp, Mpd, UpMpdCli, Spotify connect. (Reboot after every step).

Result: No music yet. Gentooplayer shows in UPnP Android apps like BubbleUPnP, mConnect and VTuner. However; No sound when GP selected. The Android Spotify app does not show the Gentooplayer.

Any solutions?

have you configured mpd? have you configured Spotify connect - Librespot?

PS: 

if you need to use mconnect, there is no need to enable Bubbleupnp,

if you have to use apps like linnKazoo, then you have to enable and configure it..

Thanks for the reply. I did this:

At 06. Player Setting >

MPD BitPerfect > Audiocard > card 1: DAC (Brooklyn DAC) ....

MPD Resample SoXr > Quality > very high

MPD Resample SRC > Type Resample > 0 (No idea. Just a guess)

Spotify connect - Librespot > Output Device > plughw:CARD=DAC (No idea. Just a guess)

Result: Tidal-mConnect: heavily stottering sound. Spotify; GP not shown.

13 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Thanks for the reply. I did this:

At 06. Player Setting >

MPD BitPerfect > Audiocard > card 1: DAC (Brooklyn DAC) ....

MPD Resample SoXr > Quality > very high

MPD Resample SRC > Type Resample > 0 (No idea. Just a guess)

Spotify connect - Librespot > Output Device > plughw:CARD=DAC (No idea. Just a guess)

Result: Tidal-mConnect: heavily stottering sound. Spotify; GP not shown.

you get the configuration wrong, if you have teamviewer or anydesk I'll take a look at it, email me...

Only MPD-Bitferct needs to be configured, the others do not...

spotify- connect requires spotphy premium....

image.png.7fe0cab86d61341ddb7654042c345e72.png