IGNORED

GentooPlayer

6 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

6C623E56-F128-4B22-9F05-6BB59E920C78.jpeg

You have already used the webinterface to move it.

Now if you want to move it back to the other disk you have to execute these commands from the shell, let's say your disk is mounted in
/media/music2

rm /root/.RoonServer/Database

mkdir -p /media/musica2/roondatabase
cp -R /backup/roondatabase/Database /media/musica2/roondatabase/
ln -s /media/musica2/roondatabase/Database /root/.RoonServer
file /root/.RoonServer/Database

if everything is OK remove the old one
rm /backup/roondatabase/Database

11 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

You have already used the webinterface to move it.

Now if you want to move it back to the other disk you have to execute these commands from the shell, let's say your disk is mounted in
/media/music2

rm /root/.RoonServer/Database

mkdir -p /media/musica2/roondatabase
cp -R /backup/roondatabase/Database /media/musica2/roondatabase/
ln -s /media/musica2/roondatabase/Database /root/.RoonServer
file /root/.RoonServer/Database

if everything is OK remove the old one
rm /backup/roondatabase/Database

thank you, all seems well after the reboot, thanks for the support !!

ls -l /root/.RoonServer/

drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Dec 18 22:56 Cache

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Dec 18 22:54 Database -> /media/roondisk/roondatabase/Database

drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Dec 18 22:56 Logs

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Dec 18 22:51 roondisk -> /media/roondisk

drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Dec 10 00:25 Settings

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Dec 18 22:56 Temp

@antonellocaroli:

Is there a way to customize a bit further on what will be loaded in Ramsystem?

For example, I only run either Roon Bridge or HQPlayer NAA at a time on my USBridge Signaure. So might only need to load 1 of them to Ramsystem at boot to save time and RAM.

Thanks

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex H3V3 case - i7-14700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Ubiquiti EdgerouterX SFP / Sonore Optical Module / Linear Power Supply for all

7 hours ago, chipvn said:

@antonellocaroli:

Is there a way to customize a bit further on what will be loaded in Ramsystem?

For example, I only run either Roon Bridge or HQPlayer NAA at a time on my USBridge Signaure. So might only need to load 1 of them to Ramsystem at boot to save time and RAM.

Thanks

No, it is not possible.
But if you want to speed up loading and ram usage, you should first delete all the software that does not interest you.
Update/Switching/Remove > Software Remove

Between loading roonbridge only or both roonbridge and networkaudiod, almost nothing changes.

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

No, it is not possible.
But if you want to speed up loading and ram usage, you should first delete all the software that does not interest you.
Update/Switching/Remove > Software Remove

Between loading roonbridge only or both roonbridge and networkaudiod, almost nothing changes.

Thank you,

I'll remove unused softwares then.

Best Regards,

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex H3V3 case - i7-14700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Hi, I have a matrix spdif2 device, which uses the alsa protocol. I’m just wondering if there are any specific configuration that can be set for it, in terms of buffer size and things. I think I noticed euphony was using different settings I thought.

anyway, I suppose I was just wondering if other music software like euphony is actually employing dac/device specific settings and whether gp could too ?

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

if you use squeezelite-R2, you can change both the input and output buffers, and also the alsa parameters.
which are the most suitable for your output, I have no idea....you just have to experiment...

https://marcoc1712.it/2020/01/17/alsa-buffer-size-period-count-e-period-size/

Thank you, I wonder is it possible to run roon server and squeezelite r2 on the same machine / gp2 instance?

15 minutes ago, manueljenkin said:

Is there any problem with the site right now? I'm unable to access the downloads.

I have been using wtfplay for my music playback. My device is a surface book 2015, and I'll prefer an interface similar to wtfplay (command line based). What's the correct image for me?

one of these two, depending on whether you have a bios or uefi system
image.png.95416158727294cbc203508c59dcecf5.png
no problem on the site

after having problems with my home connection for almost 3 weeks it seems I'm back on line...

as I saw in some posts above it's better not to re-flash to v3.50 and wait for 3.51... yes?

Thanks!!

Happy Holidays to all!!! 

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

5 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

yes, it is better to wait.

ok I will ... it seems i can not register my rpi can you please check your mail?

Thank you!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

In Gentooplayers documentation ... regarding RPis the CPUs are considered like this :

CPU 0: is CPU number 1 , CPU 1: is Nr 2 etc .... 

OR

CPU 0 is nr 0, CPU 1 is NR 1 etc? 

So regarding profiles: In profile 1 when you say that players are moved to CPU 3 you mean Nr 3 or 4?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, DomieMic65 said:

In Gentooplayers documentation ... regarding RPis the CPUs are considered like this :

CPU 0: is CPU number 1 , CPU 1: is Nr 2 etc .... 

OR

CPU 0 is nr 0, CPU 1 is NR 1 etc? 

So regarding profiles: In profile 1 when you say that players are moved to CPU 3 you mean Nr 3 or 4?

Thank you!

I mean the CPU3

CPU0
CPU1
CPU2
CPU3

@antonellocaroli: I have re-flashed to V3.61 and realized there is Min-Nograph-Test Kernel. Profile 2 works with this kernel on USBridge Signature at DSD256 without pop / clicking noise.

Under this Kernel, look like Real Time Clock is enable and GPkernel1 is also enable. Does it mean that this Test kernel work as Real Time kernel?

Since V3.5 til 3.61, I could not run bcmstat successfully via Web-interface. Below are the error messages:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/bcmstat.sh", line 1793, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/usr/bin/bcmstat.sh", line 1621, in main
find_vcgencmd_vcdbg()
File "/usr/bin/bcmstat.sh", line 359, in find_vcgencmd_vcdbg
if vcgencmd("get_mem reloc_total") != "0M" or vcgencmd("get_mem reloc") != "0M":
File "/usr/bin/bcmstat.sh", line 365, in vcgencmd
return grep("", runcommand("%s %s" % (VCGENCMD, args)), 1, split_char="=")
File "/usr/bin/bcmstat.sh", line 334, in runcommand
return subprocess.check_output(command.split(" "), stderr=subprocess.STDOUT).decode("utf-8")[:-1]
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 411, in check_output
return run(*popenargs, stdout=PIPE, timeout=timeout, check=True,
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 512, in run
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['/usr/bin/vcgencmd', 'get_mem', 'reloc_total']' returned non-zero exit status 255.

Is there any reason for this issue?

Thanks

1 hour ago, chipvn said:

@antonellocaroli: Sono tornato alla versione V3.61 e mi sono reso conto che esiste il kernel Min-Nograph-Test. Il profilo 2 funziona con questo kernel su USBridge Signature su DSD256 senza rumore di pop / clic.

Sotto questo kernel, sembra che l'orologio in tempo reale sia abilitato e anche GPkernel1 sia abilitato. Significa che questo kernel di test funziona come kernel Real Time?

Dalla V3.5 alla 3.61, non potevo eseguire bcmstat con successo tramite l'interfaccia web. Di seguito sono riportati i messaggi di errore:

Traceback (la chiamata più recente per ultima):
File "/usr/bin/bcmstat.sh", riga 1793, in <module>
main (sys.argv [1:])
File "/usr/bin/bcmstat.sh", riga 1621, in main
find_vcgencmd_vcdbg ()
File "/usr/bin/bcmstat.sh", riga 359, in find_vcgencmd_vcdbg
se vcgencmd ("get_mem reloc_total")! = "0M" o vcgencmd ("get_mem reloc")! = "0M":
File "/usr/bin/bcmstat.sh", riga 365, in vcgencmd
return grep ("", runcommand ("% s% s"% (VCGENCMD, args)), 1, split_char = "=")
File "/usr/bin/bcmstat.sh", riga 334, in runcommand
return subprocess.check_output (command.split (""), stderr = subprocess.STDOUT) .decode ("utf-8") [: - 1]
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", riga 411, in check_output
return run (* popenargs, stdout = PIPE, timeout = timeout, check = True,
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", riga 512, in esecuzione
raise CalledProcessError (retcode, process.args,
subprocess.CalledProcessError: il comando "[" / usr / bin / vcgencmd "," get_mem "," reloc_total "]" ha restituito uno stato di uscita diverso da zero 255.

C'è qualche motivo per questo problema?

Grazie

MIN-NOGRAPH-TEST is a low latency kernel, but not RT.

bcmstat does not work with MIN kernels.

7 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

MIN-NOGRAPH-TEST is a low latency kernel, but not RT.

bcmstat does not work with MIN kernels.

Thank you