IGNORED

GentooPlayer

22 minutes ago, bergui45 said:

this is the ip that Gentooplayer has when it creates a hotspot, i.e. it is the address of the hotspot, and it creates it when it cannot find a valid network....do you find this hotspot on any wifi device?

https://sites.google.com/view/gentooplayer-documentation/quick-start-guide

image.thumb.png.c244fd72c8cee61513afe590b30d6389.png

if the rpi is connected via lan to the router it never creates the hotspot but takes an ip of your home network.

So if you are connected by cable, restart your router and check that the lan connection is ok.

Using Fing to check deeply inside my network i cannot see any item like my Raspberry PI4?

So the sh... hits the fan...

I will then switch back to RopieXL instead because obviously Things are not working as expected with the archive installed in the MicroSD...

I may have to perform prior a full Ubuntu since moving from RopieXL to GentooPlayer = big mess!

Thank you everybody who kindly tried to help me

my 2c ... if you want a roon endpoint I suppose ropieee is a valid choice... 

Even though I do not use roon I installed ropieeeXL in an msd card just for checking and worked OK with squeezelite/librespot/upnp.

I suppose with roon it will be even better!

So if you use roon go for it ... if you do not I see no point in ropieee ... Gentooplayer is far more flexible and gives you so many ways to configure your setup. I think it's worth giving it a chance 

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

DomieMic65 said:

Gentooplayer is far more flexible and gives you so many ways to configure your setup. I think it's worth giving it a chance 

Sorry but i fight a whole day to have it working...

Antonello took control of my system with Timeviewer and he couldn't fix the mess...

You are welcome to provide the accurate help i need since Fing doesn't see any Gentooplayer on my network...

Are you sure the archive i flashed was OK?

regards

Bernard

16 minutes ago, bergui45 said:

Antonello took control of my system with Timeviewer and he couldn't fix the mess...

Yes, but I didn't do anything, I just saw that it wasn't on the network.

it can be various things

-corrupt downloaded file
-copied onto the sd wrong
-something on the network (I couldn't get into your router)

so I can't tell you more...don't waste your time....

I have a concern:

When i received the RPi4 brand new i directly installed Volumio on it and it worked well...

Then on another SDCard i tried Ropie and also it worked like a charm...

But GentoPlayer is 64bits? But the OS installed on the RPi4 is 32 bits?

So before trying again GentopLayer may i have first to install a 64 bits  Debian OS?

Today i received a secund RP4 the model fitted inside a keyboard RPI400... I'm waiting for the delivery of the 7" display so when installing Gentoplayer i may see what relly occurs...

Regards

Bernard

1 hour ago, bergui45 said:

I have a concern:

When i received the RPi4 brand new i directly installed Volumio on it and it worked well...

Then on another SDCard i tried Ropie and also it worked like a charm...

But GentoPlayer is 64bits? But the OS installed on the RPi4 is 32 bits?

So before trying again GentopLayer may i have first to install a 64 bits  Debian OS?

Today i received a secund RP4 the model fitted inside a keyboard RPI400... I'm waiting for the delivery of the 7" display so when installing Gentoplayer i may see what relly occurs...

I'm sorry, I can't quite follow you, if you are comfortable with other systems I suggest you use those and don't waste too much of your time.

For info Gentooplayer is a 64bit OS as well as the kernel it uses, it doesn't need another OS.
Download the file, put it on an SD card via etcher and run the Rpi.
It should receive an IP from your router via dhcp.

To save me time,   I get my allo usbridge signature player this week.  I got it with the diet pi plus Gui combo and shanti lps. 

I'd diet pi worth keeping or should I goto Gentoo? 

My setup will be audirvana based via tidal subscription. 

Never dealt with any pi devices ever before.  Any help is good help thanks! 

Has anyone setup a network bridge?

Fillipo was kind enough to connect my old Synology NAS after I failed. But having had to replace it with another one, I have been unable to set it up (be that through NFS or CIFS).

I hoped I could wire the Ethernet directly to the PC (as it has two Ethernet ports). 

Setting up a bridge on a Mac (with my uRendu) was pretty straight forward, but I have had no success with GP for my NAS. Beyond the network bridge page, is there anything else I need to do? Sorry if I missed something obvious ... 

luke 

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

25 minutes ago, odelay said:

Has anyone setup a network bridge?

Fillipo was kind enough to connect my old Synology NAS after I failed. But having had to replace it with another one, I have been unable to set it up (be that through NFS or CIFS).

I hoped I could wire the Ethernet directly to the PC (as it has two Ethernet ports). 

Setting up a bridge on a Mac (with my uRendu) was pretty straight forward, but I have had no success with GP for my NAS. Beyond the network bridge page, is there anything else I need to do? Sorry if I missed something obvious ... 

what do you need a network bridge for the nas?

you need to go here:

image.thumb.png.6b5857817bffc66f990d17fcf2e2a516.png

select the ip of the nas

put user and password if requested, otherwise do not change

in selct share folder it should show you the shared folders on the nas

put any name in type mount folder

If you get an error, post it, but first try putting the version into options like:

vers=1.0

Grazie Fillipo - NAS is now connected 🙏

My bad! I had failed to use the admin login. (My user account is supposed to have full access..)

Reason for wanting to try the bridge option was partly becauseI was curious to see if cutting out the modem might have an impact on sound quality. There is a big difference in the sound I get from the local SD card compared to the NAS, so have been thinking about how I might improve it... maybe try to a local USB drive with a good power supply... or even an array of SD cards via USB...  

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

3 hours ago, odelay said:

Grazie Fillipo - NAS is now connected 🙏

My bad! I had failed to use the admin login. (My user account is supposed to have full access..)

Reason for wanting to try the bridge option was partly becauseI was curious to see if cutting out the modem might have an impact on sound quality. There is a big difference in the sound I get from the local SD card compared to the NAS, so have been thinking about how I might improve it... maybe try to a local USB drive with a good power supply... or even an array of SD cards via USB...  

You may know this already, but the next best thing you can do is use a network switch to connect the NAS and the PC.  This bypasses the main router and provides a pretty direct connection.  I actually prefer it to the bridging method.

2 hours ago, zackthedog said:

You may know this already, but the next best thing you can do is use a network switch to connect the NAS and the PC.  This bypasses the main router and provides a pretty direct connection.  I actually prefer it to the bridging method.

Thanks Zack - good to know that your switch worked better than the bridging method. I haven’t used a switch before, but it’s certainly something I’ll consider. Cheers 🙏

11 hours ago, KenMoreira said:

To save me time,   I get my allo usbridge signature player this week.  I got it with the diet pi plus Gui combo and shanti lps. 

I'd diet pi worth keeping or should I goto Gentoo? 

My setup will be audirvana based via tidal subscription. 

Never dealt with any pi devices ever before.  Any help is good help thanks! 

I use my Allo USBridge Sig with Audirvana.  I have tried other compatible players--DietPi, Moode, Volumio--and I find gentooplayer to sound the most natural and analogue-like.  Request a trial license and compare it before you buy.

Hello Antonello,

The latest software is OK since i could boot on the RPi400 with an attached 7" display...

But holy sh... i cannot set my USB DAC (Yamaha CDS2100 CD Player) This great Sabre DAC was OK to work either with Volumio or RopieXL...

Let me know how to have it working also on Gentooplayer...

Regards

Bernard

25 minutes ago, zackthedog said:

I use my Allo USBridge Sig with Audirvana.  I have tried other compatible players--DietPi, Moode, Volumio--and I find gentooplayer to sound the most natural and analogue-like.  Request a trial license and compare it before you buy.

Are the differences between subtle or are they fairly noticeable?