IGNORED

GentooPlayer

13 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

for the BBB you're talking about external wi-fi? usb?

Yes BBB (not BBBW) with external USB-wifi module.

have you tried seeing with ifconfig or ifconfig -v if he sees the wlan?

not yet. I will try. Thanks

27 minutes ago, Boring said:

This doesn't suppose exFat? Tried to mount a exFat USB HDD and it failed.

No, not by default...

but you can install it...

emerge-webrsync    (if you've never done it)

emerge --ask sys-fs/fuse-exfat

emerge --ask sys-fs/exfat-utils

mkdir /media/flash(or however you want)

chmod -R 777 /media/flash

mount.exfat-fuse /dev/sdX1 /mnt/flash

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ExFAT

21 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

gp-update Rpi3 add new functions:

Update or switching kernel

webinterface:

image.thumb.png.ac4057e46f3ccc5d94cc87c4e4d5e892.png

or in shell kernelupsw

Kernels are listed with the kernel version and the compilation date.
RT kernels only replace RT kernels, and non-RT kernels only replace non-rt kernels.

Once the kernel is installed, however, you must use selectkernel to select the kernel to boot.

The last two kernels on the list, those with date 210120, have included the drivers that are being tested by UsbBridge Sig. v2.0.0

I don't know if they solve the pop problems, which occur in some systems, in this case anyway try with the non RT kernel, which apparently is less affected by this problem, with the RT kernel I recommend the kernels that have in the name "100" or anyway the EUP kernels.

46 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

The last two kernels on the list, those with date 210120, have included the drivers that are being tested by UsbBridge Sig. v2.0.0

I don't know if they solve the pop problems, which occur in some systems, in this case anyway try with the non RT kernel, which apparently is less affected by this problem, with the RT kernel I recommend the kernels that have in the name "100" or anyway the EUP kernels.

Those two kernels with the new ASIX AX88179 driver are working well for me (on a USBridge Signature).

Thanks, Allo, Asix, and antonellocaroli!

So after all what player do you use for local files in a dual system squeezelite(r2)/LMS or mpd/upmpdcli (I use Minimserver) ???

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

2 hours ago, clipper said:

Those two kernels with the new ASIX AX88179 driver are working well for me (on a USBridge Signature).

Thanks, Allo, Asix, and antonellocaroli!

To access the two kernels with the new (version 2.0) ASIX AX88179 driver (for the USBridge Signature):

1) Issue the gp-update command.

2) Issue the kernelupsw command and pick #6 or #7 from the following list:

679395057_ScreenShot2020-01-22at1_16_12PM.jpg.f527dc37b98eff7cd7da48947578b3c7.jpg

3) Issue the selectkernel command and pick a kernel.

1908717895_ScreenShot2020-01-22at1_16_59PM.jpg.ca446f09fff732c0b82a8416b1013d5d.jpg

Or, use the web interface to do the same thing...

I am running 4.19.97-GentooPlayer-RT-MIN-NOGRAPH-EUP100-rt38+.

18 minutes ago, clipper said:

this is Nr15?

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

14 minutes ago, clipper said:

Sorry, I'm not sure what Nr15 is...

Nr 15 in the list of Kernels :)

Thank you

12 hours ago, clipper said:

To access the two kernels with the new (version 2.0) ASIX AX88179 driver (for the USBridge Signature):

1) Issue the gp-update command.

2) Issue the kernelupsw command and pick #6 or #7 from the following list:

679395057_ScreenShot2020-01-22at1_16_12PM.jpg.f527dc37b98eff7cd7da48947578b3c7.jpg

3) Issue the selectkernel command and pick a kernel.

1908717895_ScreenShot2020-01-22at1_16_59PM.jpg.ca446f09fff732c0b82a8416b1013d5d.jpg

Or, use the web interface to do the same thing...

well done antonello, that is in my system the first rt kernel working without clicks/pops on the usbridge sig. thanks @clipper for this information.

3 hours ago, clipper said:

I usually use Roon (as server) and Squeezelite or Squeezelite-R2 (as players).

I have a similar setup but I use LMS with Squeezelite (R2)

I also enabled and I'm testing MPD (with SOXr sometimes) for local files streamed from Minimserver running on my NAS using upmpdcli.

I'm asking this question because I saw a conversation in an Italian Rpi Audiophile group in FBook where @antonellocaroli makes a comment about mpd with Cantata client in dual computer setup but I didn't clearly understand from google translate if he recommends mpd over squeezelite.

From my auditions I tend to like both almost the same, and the fact that it's so easy to have them both in gentooplayer is great! I didn't have time to do very extensive listening but my first impression is that mpd may be sounds a little bit more full bodied! On the other hand if I had to choose one definitely it would be LMS/squeezelite because the integration with the streaming services is a feature I can't leave without since I used it!

I am running the Gentooplayer on Allo Digione. Currently my DAC only supports PCM up to 192khz. When I tried playing DSD tracks I am getting white noise together with the music. Non DSD tracks like flac and wav all works fine. Seems like something is not right with DSD to PCM conversion.

Currently I have LMS and squeezelite-R2 running. Any clues what is causing the white noise?

5 minutes ago, Boring said:

I am running the Gentooplayer on Allo Digione. Currently my DAC only supports PCM up to 192khz. When I tried playing DSD tracks I am getting white noise together with the music. Non DSD tracks like flac and wav all works fine. Seems like something is not right with DSD to PCM conversion.

Currently I have LMS and squeezelite-R2 running. Any clues what is causing the white noise?

how do you do DSD PCM conversion, on the LMS? are you sure that squeezelite arrives a pcm file?

try to remove the -D option from the configuration file.

6 minutes ago, Boring said:

Currently I run the squeezelite-R2 without the DSD option. Do I need to enable C3PO on LMS to convert DSD to PCM?

The thing is the track does play and music can be heard. But I get white noise (like a hissing sound).

Try to use LMS plugin called 'DSD player' written by Triode and Daphile

With DSD:

AUDIO CARDS
CARD    TYPE                    ADDRESS                 NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
card0   Internal Audio card     card0 --> --            Allo DigiOne HiFi
card0   STATUS  --> access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED format: S24_LE subformat: STD channels: 2 rate: 192000 (192000/1) period_size: 2560 buffer_size: 7680
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With flac 96khz file:

AUDIO CARDS
card0   STATUS  --> access: RW_INTERLEAVED format: S24_LE subformat: STD channels: 2 rate: 96000 (96000/1) period_size: 1280 buffer_size: 3840

cat /etc/conf.d/squeezelite-R2
SL_OPTS="-C 1  -o hw:CARD=sndallodigione,DEV=0 -r 44100-192000 -a 40:3::0 -b 2080:3528  -n GentooPlayer-Car -m 00:e0:4s:78:d1:45 -s localhost"

9 minutes ago, Boring said:

With DSD:

AUDIO CARDS
card0   STATUS  --> access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED format: S24_LE subformat: STD channels: 2 rate: 192000 (192000/1) period_size: 2560 buffer_size: 7680

With flac 96khz file:

AUDIO CARDS
card0   STATUS  --> access: RW_INTERLEAVED format: S24_LE subformat: STD channels: 2 rate: 96000 (96000/1) period_size: 1280 buffer_size: 3840

cat /etc/conf.d/squeezelite-R2
SL_OPTS="-C 1  -o hw:CARD=sndallodigione,DEV=0 -r 44100-192000 -a 40:3::0 -b 2080:3528  -n GentooPlayer-Car -m 00:e0:4s:78:d1:45 -s localhost"

try to decode the dsd files via c-3po