IGNORED

GentooPlayer

3 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

i use nfs

in my old setup i was using vers=3 and it worked

i get this msg

"mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/mnt/samba/GentooNAS_Music’: File exists"

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Well, with help from antonello I got the update working, and tried out the new kernels.  I have the USB Sig/Digione Sig combo.  At the time I was using the Digione Sig and no hitches.  Last night I switched to USB and it's glitches, no matter what kernel I try.  I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

20 minutes ago, zackthedog said:

Well, with help from antonello I got the update working, and tried out the new kernels.  I have the USB Sig/Digione Sig combo.  At the time I was using the Digione Sig and no hitches.  Last night I switched to USB and it's glitches, no matter what kernel I try.  I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

try with a non-RT kernel and give me the result of uname -r

and foto systeminfo

37 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

try with a non-RT kernel and give me the result of uname -r

and foto systeminfo

Well, I switched to Moode to test, then back to GP and it seems to be okay.  Maybe a solid reboot did the trick.  If I run into problems again I will send you the requested info.  Thank you!

3 hours ago, DomieMic65 said:

i get this msg

"mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/mnt/samba/GentooNAS_Music’: File exists"

I noticed this too when I mounted a network share (in my case I was using cifs, but it is the same).

The script attempts to creates the mount point every time using the "mkdir" command and it fails if that folder already exists, since it was created the previous time the script had been launched.

In your case the directory "GentooNAS_Music" already exists, it was created the previous time you mounted (or maybe attemted to mount) the disk.

You need to connect through ssh, delete the folder "GentooNAS_Music" and retry the mount operation.

4 hours ago, franz159 said:

I noticed this too when I mounted a network share (in my case I was using cifs, but it is the same).

The script attempts to creates the mount point every time using the "mkdir" command and it fails if that folder already exists, since it was created the previous time the script had been launched.

In your case the directory "GentooNAS_Music" already exists, it was created the previous time you mounted (or maybe attemted to mount) the disk.

You need to connect through ssh, delete the folder "GentooNAS_Music" and retry the mount operation.

yes the folder is deleted but the mount can't be set

or even if it seems it's set LMS can't access my files

I get this msg:

"mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.

mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.

mount.nfs: Protocol not supported"

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

9 hours ago, franz159 said:

Yes, that's right,

but this is something that gp-update should have solved by now...

If he finds a dir, go ahead and use it as a mountpoint.

4 hours ago, DomieMic65 said:

yes the folder is deleted but the mount can't be set

or even if it seems it's set LMS can't access my files

I get this msg:

"mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.

mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.

mount.nfs: Protocol not supported"

you probably have to use vers=3 in options
image.thumb.png.f0f72691246ef7c39247348b30af8ba4.png

Does anybody "registered" the Squeezelite instance running on Gentooplayer in mysqueezebox.com?

That is required if you want to activate the Tidal squeezelite application for Tidal streaming.

I can do that with all my other squeezelite instances, but not for the ones running into Gentooplayer.

The Squeezelite player (named GentooPlayer-R2 in my case) is perfectly working and recognized in LMS setting, but when I go to the "mysqueezebox.com" tab and put credentials for that and click apply, the player is not added to the "myplayers" list in mysqueezebox.com.

Everything works fine whe I do the same with Moode Squeezelite instances.

Anybody has any clue on what could be going wrong?

Thanks

3 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

you probably have to use vers=3 in options
image.thumb.png.f0f72691246ef7c39247348b30af8ba4.png

mount.nfs: parsing error on 'vers=' option 

I get the above with vers=3

in the above pic the fields are somehow different?

16 minutes ago, franz159 said:

Hi, I was experimenting with Kernel selection and I went to #24.

Now I don't remember, which is the "default" one? :)

Select_Kernel_List.jpg.7280102fa9a4f2d7179940e4d0c1e455.jpg

Also, which of these are the ones supporting wi-fi?

Thanks!

franz

The default is Nr 12 and wifi is supported by the ST Kernels if I remember correctly

3 hours ago, franz159 said:

Does anybody "registered" the Squeezelite instance running on Gentooplayer in mysqueezebox.com?

That is required if you want to activate the Tidal squeezelite application for Tidal streaming.

I can do that with all my other squeezelite instances, but not for the ones running into Gentooplayer.

The Squeezelite player (named GentooPlayer-R2 in my case) is perfectly working and recognized in LMS setting, but when I go to the "mysqueezebox.com" tab and put credentials for that and click apply, the player is not added to the "myplayers" list in mysqueezebox.com.

Everything works fine whe I do the same with Moode Squeezelite instances.

Anybody has any clue on what could be going wrong?

Thanks

I was able to add them by completely changing the mac...

image.thumb.png.d70a883d8beabe27b9639c5911499d8d.png

but I didn't really understand what it's for, I used tidal without ever worrying about it...

9 hours ago, franz159 said:

@antonellocaroli

I have been asked if samba service can be made available in Gentooplayer (in order to share for example a local USB disk to other devices in the LAN).

I had a quick look but I could not find it.

What would be the process to make ite available?

Thanks

No, samba is not installed ...
but you can always install

emerges --ask net-fs/samba

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Samba/Guide

although it seems a bit excessive to me to have samba service on just so I can transfer a few files...

between pc linux is quite convenient to use scp and it works also between osx and linux

https://haydenjames.io/linux-securely-copy-files-using-scp/

https://research.csc.fi/csc-guide-copying-files-from-linux-and-mac-osx-machines-with-scp

and probably also with windows

https://winscp.net/eng/index.php

And I have to say, Winscp is really well done...
Too bad I don't use windows :D

image.thumb.png.3f2e18e24929c52e26c18409ccdbe806.png

https://it.cornell.edu/managed-servers/transfer-files-using-putty

35 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

No, samba is not installed ...
but you can always install

emerges --ask net-fs/samba

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Samba/Guide

although it seems a bit excessive to me to have samba service on just so I can transfer a few files...

between pc linux is quite convenient to use scp and it works also between osx and linux

https://haydenjames.io/linux-securely-copy-files-using-scp/

https://research.csc.fi/csc-guide-copying-files-from-linux-and-mac-osx-machines-with-scp

and probably also with windows

https://winscp.net/eng/index.php

And I have to say, Winscp is really well done...
Too bad I don't use windows :D

image.thumb.png.3f2e18e24929c52e26c18409ccdbe806.png

https://it.cornell.edu/managed-servers/transfer-files-using-putty

FileZilla

image.thumb.png.594ce457abe896f41a4739b1e105ca9a.png

Midnight Commander

image.thumb.png.712c753abc941b85015102b712bd805b.png

I mean, there are many ways... but putting on a samba server O.o

Squeezelite R2 related question

1. Enable Squeezelite R2 service on the endpoint, only that service.

2. Edit the config file with nano /etc/conf.d/squeezelite-R2

3. Comment everything and just use in my case this line, the mac address is the mac of my network card where I want to accept packets destined to SL R2

4. My DAC I issue squeezelite -l and get the following:

default:CARD=Audio             - USB HiRes Audio, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
   sysdefault:CARD=Audio          - USB HiRes Audio, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
   front:CARD=Audio,DEV=0         - USB HiRes Audio, USB Audio - Front speakers

5. From all these options I configure my configuration file with only the followin"g line below

SL_OPTS="-C 1 -W -D :u32be -o hw:CARD=Audio,DEV=0 -r 44100-1024000 -a 40:3:24:0 -u hMX -n GentooPlayer -m 00:e0:4s:78:d1:46"

6. On a computer connected via network to the endpoint I run Roon and on the audio section should automatically find the SL R2 service correct?

but it doesn't, what am I missing?

5 hours ago, luisma said:

service says it starts but it doesn't really

GentooPlayer-64 ~ # /etc/init.d/squeezelite status

need to find out why not, will report back

you recompiled squeezelite with the resample option?
If you didn't, you have to take out that -u hMX

if you did, take out -a 40:3:24:0

and I'm not sure if you want to use R2 or squeezelite...
for R2 is completely wrong.