IGNORED

GentooPlayer

53 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

I do not know if the Amperes are adequate for the Rpi

The only thing that matters is the voltage (5V). 

For the amperes, they should be enough to power your RBI (2A are sufficient).

If your PS can deliver a higher amperage, it won't harm the RPI. The RPI will tear the current that it needs for its functioning. 

8 hours ago, Dandou said:

The only thing that matters is the voltage (5V). 

For the amperes, they should be enough to power your RBI (2A are sufficient).

If your PS can deliver a higher amperage, it won't harm the RPI. The RPI will tear the current that it needs for its functioning. 

I know .. the possible lower Amperage is that concerns me...

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

15 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

Try reinstalling the kernels
WI > Update/Install/Remove > Up/Dw Kernle

It didn't work

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

5 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

OK, they have changed something...
-gp-update
-set pw-led to enabled and excute
-set pw-led to disable and excute
-reboot
it should work

yes!! It did!!🙏

So right now, I am using Lumin to play from my nvme in Mercury. It works of course... But what a horrible app. Can't believe a music player app can have such terrible functionality.

I am running Audirvana to stream. Had the issue with running tidal, but that seems to be fixed now. Had to reinstall it all. It seems OK I suppose. I switched to asio, no idea if wasapi is better.

I haven't upgraded to new GP yet. How else can I optimize what I am doing? I don't know if I can get Audirvana to play from my nvme instead of PC HDD. What else can I use. And I haven't looked into loading to ram... Don't know if that is worth it. Suggestions?

34 minutes ago, Powerman said:

So right now, I am using Lumin to play from my nvme in Mercury. It works of course... But what a horrible app. Can't believe a music player app can have such terrible functionality.

I am running Audirvana to stream. Had the issue with running tidal, but that seems to be fixed now. Had to reinstall it all. It seems OK I suppose. I switched to asio, no idea if wasapi is better.

lumin is not the only one, in fact to use Lumin you must have BubbleUpnp active somewhere...

If you use Mpd+upmpdcli, to use online services you can use mconnect, and for local files there are several apps that act as mpd clients.

You can also use squeezelite+LMS (with material plugin and artist information)

image.png.0d8ac129f25f263810a5ca809f7dafb4.png

And here you have everything in one, local files and online services, there is even an LMS plugin to integrate the local library with streaming services...

In short, there are many solutions...

34 minutes ago, Powerman said:

I don't know if I can get Audirvana to play from my nvme instead of PC HDD. What else can I use. And I haven't looked into loading to ram...

I don`t understand this one, the NVme is on the Mercury, why would audirvana see it on another pc? to do this you would have to activate a samba share so that the disk is visible on the network....but what would be the point?

17 minutes ago, Powerman said:

But what a horrible app. Can't believe a music player app can have such terrible functionality.

Could you elaborate your feelings about the Lumïn app? 
I’m using it since a couple of years and I do find that it is the best app compared to Linn, Kazoo, MConnect Player.

Maybe you are not using Minimserver with which Lumïn app do give its best … one feature I like more is the cross reference starting from Artists, Work, Composer, Genre, Conductor in the track details … while listening to a track you can find with just a tap all the albums related to the Artist or Conductor or Composer or different recordings of the same Composer’s Work … it’s just a matter of configure Minimserver ( … but your tracks must be fully tagged … not a job for lazy people .. 😉)

Stefano

My audio system

40 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

I don't know if I can get Audirvana to play from my nvme instead of PC HDD. What else can I use. And I haven't looked into loading to ram...

I have been playing around with music on the Mercury's NVME, and I have been using MOC Player (sometimes) and APlayer (at other times).

5 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

image.png.0d8ac129f25f263810a5ca809f7dafb4.png

And here you have everything in one, local files and online services, there is even an LMS plugin to integrate the local library with streaming services...

In short, there are many solutions...

So what is the one you are showing. I do have BubbleUp, minim server. Volumio can do everything, but I'm still wanting to keep at it with GP and get the most out of it. I'm willing to update, just haven't tackled that just yet.

5 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

I don`t understand this one, the NVme is on the Mercury, why would audirvana see it on another pc? to do this you would have to activate a samba share so that the disk is visible on the network....but what would be the point?

No right, I don't want stuff bouncing around my network. Lumin at least plays my files direct. Adirvana streams just fine... All from stuff you recommended. Just wanting to find what's right. I want to get to a solution and be done. It doesn't have to be a PC app. I was using roon too. I'm good with not... But if I can stream tidal/qobuz and play local files on mercury with one solution, I'm willing to try. I just want best SQ which GP can do.

5 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Could you elaborate your feelings about the Lumïn app? 
I’m using it since a couple of years and I do find that it is the best app compared to Linn, Kazoo, MConnect Player.

Maybe you are not using Minimserver with which Lumïn app do give its best … one feature I like more is the cross reference starting from Artists, Work, Composer, Genre, Conductor in the track details … while listening to a track you can find with just a tap all the albums related to the Artist or Conductor or Composer or different recordings of the same Composer’s Work … it’s just a matter of configure Minimserver ( … but your tracks must be fully tagged … not a job for lazy people .. 😉)

First, I don't like phone app. It's nice if you can do it from phone, but this is my desk system so I have PC to use besides 3x6 screen.

The sort buttons are certainly nice basically moving between different sorts. However, the actual playing of music... Not enough functionality on top banner. Not even a replay/rewind. Had it a couple weeks before I figured out there were other screens. When I do go looking in albums, everything loads to play list, so I have to purge because it is full... Don't know how to stop that. I'm just looking and playing, don't need a list or a que. I do like I can go to qobuz, but again, the rest of functionality... Or lack of.

It's just really funky compared to everything else... I even ran roon from phone it's perfectly normal. Now, my stuff does sound good, which is the point, but as a phone app it is a bit lacking.

I cant get diretta to work with two rpi3

With diretta target on a rpi and the host on a windows pc. It works just fine

On the host rpi3 i have installed LMS and squeezelight. selected diretta (soundcard of the target is shown)

I can select the player and a song, but it wil not play.

On the host rpi3 there is also a digione hat installed (used for headphone amp) I tried to deselect the driver. Does not help

On the host i have tried both direttamulti and direttasingle.

What am i missing?

_____            _              _____  _                       
 / ____|          | |            |  __ \| |                      
| |  __  ___ _ __ | |_ ___   ___ | |__) | | __ _ _   _  ___ _ __
| | |_ |/ _ \ '_ \| __/ _ \ / _ \|  ___/| |/ _` | | | |/ _ \ '__|
| |__| |  __/ | | | || (_) | (_) | |    | | (_| | |_| |  __/ |   
 \_____|\___|_| |_|\__\___/ \___/|_|    |_|\__,_|\__, |\___|_|   
                                                  __/ |          
                                                 |___/           
 Profile:     Profile not Setting
 RamSystem:   Ramsystem not enabled
 Free memory: 745MB of total 964MB

Kernel:   5.15.61-GentooPlayer-MIN-NOGRAPH-RCU
 ───────────────────────────────────────
 GentooPlayer   | 21:52 | Thu 01/09/22
 v7.00-115      | Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+ (aarch64)
 eth0       | 192.168.178.17

Players/soft. Info:
Squeezelite-R2          [Disabled]
Squeezelite             [Enabled]
Networkaudiod           [Disabled]
LogitechMediaServer     [Enabled]
BubbleUpnp              [Disabled]
HQPlayer Embedded       [Disabled]
Mpd                     [Disabled]
UpMpdCli                [Disabled]
RoonBridge              [Disabled]
RoonServer              [Disabled]
myMPD                   [Disabled]
minimserver             [Disabled]
shairport-sync          [Disabled]
spotify-connect         [Disabled]
web-interface           [Enabled]
Samba                   [Disabled]
gmediarender            [Disabled]
camillagui              [Disabled]
aplayer                 [Disabled]
aprenderer              [Disabled]
gstreciver              [Disabled]

GP-Service Info:
gpchronystop   [Enabled]
gphavagedstop  [Enabled]
gpkernel1      [Enabled]
gprtclock      [Enabled]
gpsetrestart   [Enabled]

Started Service:
dhcpcd
netmount
diretta
logitechmediaserver
squeezelite
local

Stopped Service:
chronyd
gpkernel1
gprtclock
gphavagedstop
gpchronystop
gpsetrestart

Crashed Service:

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Boot Options:
dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=PARTUUID=6a8b5881-02 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait

*** Scanning for playback devices ***
Card 0, ID `DirettaAlsa', name `TargetApp(limited)'
  Device 0, ID `DirettaSink', name `snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi', 1 subdevices (0 available)
Error opening sound device for card 0, device 0: Device or resource busy.  Skipping.

AUDIO CARDS INFO:
CARD        TYPE            ADDRESS                NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    card0    Internal Audio card    card0 --> --         DirettaSink  
card0    STATUS  --> access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED format: S24_3LE subformat: STD channels: 2 rate: 44100 (44100/1) period_size: 294 buffer_size: 1764
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   squeezelite   3140 F.... squeezelite

b8:27:eb:09:ed:c5

Filesystem     Type      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root      ext4       29G  4.1G   23G  15% /
devtmpfs       devtmpfs   10M     0   10M   0% /dev
tmpfs          tmpfs     193M  464K  193M   1% /run
shm            tmpfs     483M     0  483M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1      exfat     1.9T  808G  1.1T  44% /media/muziek
/dev/mmcblk0p1 vfat      591M  251M  340M  43% /boot

CPU(s):                          4
On-line CPU(s) list:             0-3
CPU(s) scaling MHz:              100%
Thread(s) per core:              1
Vendor ID:                       ARM
Model:                           4
Model name:                      Cortex-A53

-march=armv8-a+crc

Gentooplayer CPU Info
 Use cpu-governor to change CPU / performance options
 Architecture |     aarch64
 Temp         |     54'c : 129'f | Optimal.
 Governor     |     performance

Current Freq    Min Freq   Max Freq
 CPU0         |      1200 MHz      600 MHz    1200 MHz
 CPU1         |      1200 MHz      600 MHz    1200 MHz
 CPU2         |      1200 MHz      600 MHz    1200 MHz
 CPU3         |      1200 MHz      600 MHz    1200 MHz

COMMAND         %CPU
slimserver.pl    3.8
squeezelite      0.3
init             0.1
syncAlsa         0.1
kthreadd         0.0

7 hours ago, Auke said:

Non riesco a far funzionare direttamente con due rpi3

Con destinazione diretta su rpi e host su pc windows. Funziona bene

Sull'host rpi3 ho installato LMS e squeezelight. selezionato diretta (viene mostrata la scheda audio del target)

Posso selezionare il lettore e un brano, ma non verrà riprodotto.

Sull'host rpi3 c'è anche un digione hat installato (usato per l'amplificatore per cuffie) ho provato a deselezionare il driver. Non aiuta

Sull'host ho provato sia direttamulti che direttasingle.

Cosa mi sto perdendo?

Enable the alsa parameters in squeezelite and set them, for example, like this:

image.thumb.png.24ab70a647aaa4bae79ac10346e05ee6.png

my download link is now response 404, seems issue on diretta server

But I have the driver on my local.

You can send me a private message with your mail if you want.

I can send you the driver by mail

Qobuz Studio -> Audirvana Studio - HAF Filter xtalk (from homeaudiofidelity.com with Waves VST3 ir-l-convolution-reverb) -UPnP> UPmpdcli/Mpd sur RPI5 Gentoo Player v8.60 as host Diretta (kernel 6.8.1 RT CLTO EUP NOR, Shanti Alim, tweak kernel) -> Holo Red Diretta Target (kernel 6.8.1 non RT EUP) -Silver I2S> Holo Spring 2 kte -Silver XLR> BC Accoustique 362 D -> Quellis 1 Optima.

Diretta works like a charm. Great sound.

Two questions about Diretta Host on a rpi3b with LMS, squeezelite and squeezelite-r2 installed i play to another rpi3b+ as target.

1. Ramsystem mode3 seems not to work. Deinstalled all software except the above ones.    Normal behaviour with Diretta host?

2. Profile 1 gets hickups in sound. Have no profile selected anymore and it works just fine. Are there other settings i can try to get the most out of it in relation to sound quality.

I took he time to just listen to the music tonight, no tinkering to software, cables or anything. Never enjoyed the deepness, the details and music more than now. Diretta does something very very wel, and its just the free 44.1 for now. Very enjoyable....

Thanks for implementing this in this great piece of software!