IGNORED

GentooPlayer

10 hours ago, Powerman said:

Bubbluupserver. Sorry. I need that just to play files from the drive. And of course GP can play quboz thru audirvana. It just doesn't make sense why my qobuz does not play in lumin.

Hello to emphasize what @stefano_mbpis mentioning, Lumin app is requesting to have a open home compatible streamer. Open home is an evolution of upnp. In order to make all upnp renderer compatible with open home you need to run bubbleupnpserver and configure it as stefano was showing including the Qobuz quality. In GP you can use MPD and Umpdcli in order to have your device as an upnp renderer and activate/configure bubbleupnpserver to make this renderer as open home. 

While it is done, lumin app would recognize your server (whatever it is minimserver or another one) and would see your open home renderer. You just need to enter your Qobuz credentials in the app and a Qobuz icon would appear to stream your Qobuz .

hope it helps

15 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

see 0. First setup guide

Thanks !!
I found and set up as described in the procedure.
But, unfortunately, it doesn't work:
I see the player as an Airplay2 device, but I have no sound coming out during playbacks while the output (USB DAC) is well informed.

Any idea where it could come from?

If I go back to airplay 1 (original), everything works again.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Powerman said:

I'm not using UpMpdCli... or at least it is not enabled in GP

you must enable upmpdcli on GP as long as BubbleUpnP server and configure the renderers in the server as Open Home by accessing the GP_ip:58050 as shown in screenshot above from @stefano_mbp

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Thanks a bunch guys. I will have to play with it when I get home. So far, I have just done what is necessary (according to GP instruction) to use Lumin. Obviously enabling upmpdcli isn't a problem.

In Bubbleup, I have settings for qobuz... I mean I show qobuz for renderer. My setting are same except qobuz quality is 16/44, and for decoding... It's not "never" its PMC something something. Thing is, I can't do anything to any of the settings. No drop down drops down. I figured it was getting settings from something else. I looked around trying but nothing.

As far as Lumin, I have my qobuz icon. I'm logged in. It's "mine" with my Playlist, just nothing will play.

When I get home I'll enable service and see if I can configure settings to match.

34 minutes ago, lithiumnk said:

@antonellocaroliHow to update to Roon 2.0 on uefi xfce? 

Edit: performed software update for roon server. Done.

Roon server not loading after 2.0 update. Restarted many times. Did gp update before upgrading to 2.0.

Any solution @antonellocaroli

DDC: Singer SU6, Metrum Ambre

DAC: Metrum Pavane, Weiss 205

Amp/Preamp: AGD Audions, Herron VTSP 360 Ref

HP: Raal SR1a, BS650, BP580, HE6sev2, Yamaha HP1

Speakers: Kairos 

Hi all, especially @antonellocaroli.

I'm trying out a headless server with the x86 UEFI version of GP (v7).

The ethernet connection appears to fail with all kernels except the ST ones. If I plug in a monitor then during boot I see 'Starting DHCP client daemon'.... then 'timed out' followed by error messages saying that the network failed to start (see attached pic).

If possible I'd like to try some of the other kernels as I've found they can alter the sound significantly on other hardware I've used.

The server is a Dell Wyse 5020 which has a Quad core AMD GX-415GA CPU.

The ethernet controller is Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 (rev 06)

I've run GP-update and I've updated the microcode for the CPU. But nothing changed.

Any ideas, or will the non-ST kernels just not work with this hardware?

Many thanks.

IMG_20220921_180449.jpg

1 hour ago, RichardT said:

Hi all, especially @antonellocaroli.

I'm trying out a headless server with the x86 UEFI version of GP (v7).

The ethernet connection appears to fail with all kernels except the ST ones. If I plug in a monitor then during boot I see 'Starting DHCP client daemon'.... then 'timed out' followed by error messages saying that the network failed to start (see attached pic).

If possible I'd like to try some of the other kernels as I've found they can alter the sound significantly on other hardware I've used.

The server is a Dell Wyse 5020 which has a Quad core AMD GX-415GA CPU.

The ethernet controller is Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 (rev 06)

I've run GP-update and I've updated the microcode for the CPU. But nothing changed.

Any ideas, or will the non-ST kernels just not work with this hardware?

Many thanks.

IMG_20220921_180449.jpg

Apologies - I forgot to mention:

I'm using the network bridge feature of GP. I've got a USB ethernet adaptor for my second ethernet port. I think it's a Realtek RTL8152 device.

Thanks for your help.

9 hours ago, RichardT said:

Apologies - I forgot to mention:

I'm using the network bridge feature of GP. I've got a USB ethernet adaptor for my second ethernet port. I think it's a Realtek RTL8152 device.

Thanks for your help.

I've worked it out. The USB ethernet adaptor is only supported by the ST kernels.

Is there any chance of this being supported in the other kernels? Or will the non-ST kernels only recognise ethernet on the PCI bus?

Many thanks.

Is there a solution to equalize output of Diretta target ?

Qobuz Studio -> Audirvana Studio - HAF Filter xtalk (from homeaudiofidelity.com with Waves VST3 ir-l-convolution-reverb) -UPnP> UPmpdcli/Mpd sur RPI5 Gentoo Player v8.60 as host Diretta (kernel 6.8.1 RT CLTO EUP NOR, Shanti Alim, tweak kernel) -> Holo Red Diretta Target (kernel 6.8.1 non RT EUP) -Silver I2S> Holo Spring 2 kte -Silver XLR> BC Accoustique 362 D -> Quellis 1 Optima.

Just now, PML said:

Is there a solution to equalize output of Diretta target ?

I currently do mesures on REW

Qobuz Studio -> Audirvana Studio - HAF Filter xtalk (from homeaudiofidelity.com with Waves VST3 ir-l-convolution-reverb) -UPnP> UPmpdcli/Mpd sur RPI5 Gentoo Player v8.60 as host Diretta (kernel 6.8.1 RT CLTO EUP NOR, Shanti Alim, tweak kernel) -> Holo Red Diretta Target (kernel 6.8.1 non RT EUP) -Silver I2S> Holo Spring 2 kte -Silver XLR> BC Accoustique 362 D -> Quellis 1 Optima.

I tried dirac, and the result is ugly, when I active the dirac vst plugin on Audirvana the sound is far less musical, I wanted to know if there are other alternative...

On 9/20/2022 at 4:01 AM, DomieMic65 said:

you must enable upmpdcli on GP as long as BubbleUpnP server and configure the renderers in the server as Open Home by accessing the GP_ip:58050 as shown in screenshot above from @stefano_mbp

Well I did enable upmpdcli... And now I can play my mercury drive files on Audirvana. Oh... I didn't check Qobuz on Lumin.

I moved my stereo and modem which screwed a bunch of stuff up... Had to get new modem. Seems good now. To get my tunes up and running I went back to Volumio. Once I got my network figured out, I went back to GP. I bet if I did check qobuz on Lumin it would play... Although now I can't play files from drive... Go figure.

Right now Audirvana is doing everything for me... Files, tidal, qobuz. I will need a simple suction because now I offered the ability for wife and MIL to listen to music as justification for my end game 2 ch.

2 hours ago, Dandou said:

It's strange, because Dirac works well with Audirvana. 

Try with JRiver, because Dirac is available only for Windows and macOS. There's no Linux version. 

Well it work well but I really dislike the result... Flat and sad sound... I prefer before than After...

12 hours ago, PML said:

Well it work well but I really dislike the result... Flat and sad sound... I prefer before than After...

Well default Dirac correction curve was doing a Bad correction in high frequency, After removing it (in REW there was no issues at all in high frequency) now everything is ok, and sound is improoved with dirac...

4 hours ago, Luciano.Badoe said:

Hi,

I have a question about DSD playing here.

I see this on my host but is just possible play DSD with the "-D" parameter (dope mode).

Everything else ( DSD_U32_LE, DSD_U32_BE, etc.) and the song was just dirt noise.

My DAC Gustard X16 is DSD native capable in the I2S of course.

image.png.5d0c21dfabbe386b4a7004739ecf3052.png

Host.txt 8.35 kB · 0 downloads Target.txt 6.57 kB · 0 downloads

Rpi's I2S interface does not support native DSD

@antonellocaroli is Kernel 6 could rise SQ ?

13 hours ago, Auke said:

I have bought a second hand rpi4 with a Argon one v2 cover with built in fan. I need to install a script to control the fan. I can't find a terminal in software where i can do that. Is there a option?

I have disabled the fan, its cool enough. So the script is not needed. Thanks.