IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

17 hours ago, Mark Dirac said:

Thanks. @David Craff is this known issue related only to your Windows application, or might it also appear with my Allo USBridge / Moode system also?

... because, on my new Allo USBridge I cannot get anything to play above 96kHz! Attached screenshot is of the unexpected input and output rates reported by Moode when playing https://open.qobuz.com/track/31129847

@David Craff I am wondering if this is a manifestation of the current Qobuz rates bug you reported, or is it more likely something I should ask Allo support about?

(It's unlucky for me that this Qobuz bug is manifest just at the time I am setting up a new toy - I don't know whether the source of issues is Qobuz or Allo. Or me.)

USBridge audio rates.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hello  @David Craff Qobuz has invited me to pay ~£150 to renew for the next year, which I am keen to do. But I listen to Qobuz through Moode on my Allo RPi, authorised by BubbleUPnP.   If I renew for a year, will Qobuz continue to permit me to listen via this choice of streaming?  Or will I be forced to play from the Qobuz app on my Windows PC (which does not sound good), or to buy an expensive streamer?

I get the impression that Qobuz are not collaborating with the FOSS community as effectively as they collaborate with the commercial manufacturers?

Regards,        Mark.
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

Who knows why the supplier ... failed to include the concluding tracks on these two masterworks of rock.

I have noticed similar, and fear (although with no evidence) that it is a new marketing fashion to exclude (or to provide only a sample of) one track of an album in order to encourage people to go and buy the download or CD.

• 3 weeks later...

Search has become wonky in some situations:

1. I searched for "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy"
    Two correct versions were offered immediately.
    I clicked on the artist (Sarah McLachlan) in order to research the differences between the two versions.
    But under "Sarah McLachlan" these two releases do not appear at all. Instead, there are dozens of releases by dozens of people who are not Sarah McLachlan.
  2. I browsed to Peter Gabriel to search for Mercy Street. There are so many releases listed under "Peter Gabriel" not by Peter Gabriel that I gave up. 
  3. I have been noticing this "noise" with popular artists for perhaps a couple of months.

Windows 10.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, LowOrbit said:

The "app" on Windows 10 is garbage. Poor navigation, takes ages to initialise, and doesn't seem to handle mixed sample rate file streaming well to my Chord HugoTT2. It seems to get confused and the music replays at low speed so everything is dragged out - an interesting effect, but wears thin quickly. 

I shall buy an Audirvana license and see if that works better, otherwise I shall think seriously about cancelling the service which would be a shame.

Anyone else suffering this issue? I don't get playback issues with HQPlayer, JRiver (or the trial version of Audirvana) with local content.

Hang on. Don't throw the baby out with...   Qobuz is almost unique in offering hi res and truly hifi audio without the fuss and faff of MQA.

The current version of the W10 application has some bugs which may be causing your sample rate faults. Qobuz reported a fix is due, just a page or so back. This has not been a long-standing problem (as it has been, for example, with the Tidal app playing through the popular "ADI-2 DAC" DAC by RME) and I reckon it is worth believing that a fix is imminent. (Although of course it might not fix your symptom, granted.)

I use a RPI/MoOde because the Qobuz W10 app is poor. And that works flawlessly (since the Linux Kernel was "fixed", at any rate). I reckon that Audirvana would also fix your problems, as it does in the similar Tidal bug - but a different option may be to wait "a while".

I have requested that Qobuz publish something simple approaching a bug list. They don't do it because they are too under-resourced, or too insecure, or too contemptuous of their customers, or whatever. And there is no interest from others here for this. But here we have one of many examples of where it would help users of some immature software to know what is already known.

2 minutes ago, Jud said:

If they were contemptuous of their customers

spend yonks of time working with people here.

There have been many occasions when people here have taken the time to experiment with and analyse issues, and then to compose unambiguous, informative issue reports, only to receive a one-line response such as "We already know about that. It will be fixed sometime." Contemptuous.

With just a little more forethought and organisation and information, they wouldn't need to spend yonks of time working with people here.

12 minutes ago, LowOrbit said:

Hi Mark

A bug list would be nice, but can be a pain to maintain and it does expose your issues publicly which many developers don't like!

Mark

Thanks Mark. I hope you will forgive my urge to respond:

• A bug list would be far more than nice.
  • I don't believe that Tidal and Spotify and Amazon would be in the slightest bit interested that Qobuz have bugs in their software.
  • Qobuz's issues are exposed publicly - and not resolved very effectively - in this very thread. In fact, anyone Googling for Qobuz on this site will come across this thread entitled "Issues" long before any thread about "Qobuz brilliance" or some such.
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, livepinkfloyd said:

I have 5,000 favorites and I can no longer play them,

Tragic. For fear of this happening, I have been wanting to use Soundiiz to backup my Qobuz playlists and favourites. But Soundiiz seems only interested in "syncing". I do not want syncing - I do not want Soundiiz to be writing anything back to or modifying my Qobuz account. I want "copying" or "backing up", not "syncing". In fact, in their help, they say "For legal reasons, Soundiiz is not creating any backup datas for third party music services connected."

Anyone familiar with Soundiiz who knows what's going on? If I delete stuff in my Qobuz account, and then sync Soundiiz, will it put back all the stuff I have deleted from Qobuz but which I can still see in Soundiiz? Anyone found a way to use Soundiiz to take a simple snapshot copy of Qobuz?

I guess Qobuz have been busy with the Sonos thing, which is a good thing because it's sad for recorded music that so few people know that Qobuz exists - typically for less money, for essentially very similar catalogue, for no compression, and avoiding MQA palaver. Sonos is popular and will promote what Qobuz has to offer.

Here is a review of streaming services by a fairly respectable magazine - Wired - and Qobuz doesn't even get a mention as an also-ran! Tragedy.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
9 hours ago, flyfisheroregon said:

figure out a way to get qobuz working on my raspberrypi network player other than roon.

The app called BubbleUPnP (Android) works well for me and others, controlling the app called moOde running on RPi. Mconnect also works instead of BubbleUPnP. They are clunky, with cursory instructions, but eventually functional. Roon seems, to me, to be an unnecessary complication and expense.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

To you all: Do you observe this behavior or a similar one?

Yes. For a few months, after closing the Qobuz Android app, the mini player in the persistent notifications continues. I cannot get rid of it except by restarting. I have never noticed that this is correlated to my use of Bubble UPnP, which I use a lot. I rarely use UAPP, but have it installed.