IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

22 minutes ago, luisma said:

The remaster shows in Tidal but not on qobuz, but ONLY on roon not the qobuz app 

I think I created a Playlist in qobuz thinking the content will be directly referenced in roon bypassing a possibly faulty search but failed as well 

Using a Qobuz US Beta account I am able to find the Brothers In Arms Remaster (and the Remaster of Communique as well) in a Roon search, add them to Roon library and play them. 

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

1 hour ago, luisma said:

Do you have Peter a UK Sublime account or a US Beta?

The puzzling part is it only happens (to me at least) withing ROON not within the APP

I use the Qobuz US Beta primarily via ROON and have just tested Van Morrison’s The Prophet Speaks. I’m getting seamless play w/o any dropouts or stalls. I tested both the 24/96 and 16/44 versions and had the same problem-free result with each.

Nice album, btw!

Edit: Apologies, it appears I’ve misread the conversation thread and replied to @luisma when it should perhaps have been directed to @tapatrick

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

The hi res logo was meant for the hardware used to create what we call hi res music. 

To me this is an interesting point. 

Well, it's a bit of an interesting point, up to a point :-).

IMO, discussions re: the definition of Hi-Res, what qualifies as Hi-Res, what doesn't, etc. likely should be in a different thread. It's not a 'Qobuz Issue'. It's a legitimate, but separate, definitional debate.

That being said (and to the specific point quoted above), it is curious that Qobuz has chosen to use a Hi-Res logo that appears to be technically incorrect. @R1200CL is correct to point out that the logo used is the official designation for hardware, not software, (whether for recording or playback) that meets the JAS Hi-Res standard. The JAS logo for Hi-res music is different; see below. Who (other than Qobuz) knows why the choice was made? A clerical design error? A conscious decision? (The Hi-Res Music logo is a tad ugly and less eye-catching :-).

For me it's no big deal, they could invent their own Hi-Res logo and I'd be fine. I'll continue to use Qobuz regardless. But they did make the choice to go with a JAS logo and for some reason used the 'wrong' one, so it is a fair question. And it can fairly, I think, fall into the category of 'Qobuz Issues', albeit a minor one in the grand scheme of things.

Hi-Res.jpg.38040edae71711d0ff06476a25a21f86.jpg

jonathan

42 minutes ago, mav52 said:

Same on the US account, but there are not any of his albums actually listed when you pull them up and the ones that come up are NOT Paul Hardcastle. 

I’m a US Beta subscriber and have run into the same thing on a number of occasions when using the Qobuz app (although I primarily search for Qobuz titles in Roon and the results are more accurate there).

Searching on some artists can indicate (x) number of titles, yet when clicking into the actual discography, the number turns out to be something other than (x), usually fewer, and occasionally none at all. 

My theory is that the titles do exist out in the Qobuz ethersphere but are (hopefully) still waiting in the que to be transferred to the US servers.

jonathan

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, RichardSF said:

I did a search for "szell" (i.e. George Szell). The top result was... Dangerous by Michael Jackson ☺️

How did the search engine come up with this? Serious question, because I'm genuinely curious.

Credits for track #11 'Will You Be There' include George Szell, Conductor. 🙂

jonathan

7 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Interesting, I never listened to this album before and only knew this song from the radio, where they skip the full orchestral intro. That sounds like an excerpt from the 9th, 4th movement, right?

I’ve not ever listened to the album or the song. 🙂

When @RichardSF presented his issue/question, I simply suspected that ‘szell’ appeared somewhere in metadata of the release. Replicated the search in Qobuz, scrolled thru the album credits to verify and reported back. So not really an ‘error’ in search, yet still interesting that it tops the results list. 

But my curiosity is piqued. Perhaps I’ll give it a listen. 

jonathan

3 hours ago, Gus141 said:

“We are working on updating the Cobalt manual for 96kHz.  It is not magenta but more of a light blue.  This helps make more of a distinction between the MQA Magenta(MQA Purple) and the previous magenta 96kHz on DragonFly Red and Black.  Which looked too close to each other when playing Tidal Masters/MQA.

Hmm... unless I'm missing something here, that's a peculiar decision on AQ's part. Most (all?) other MQA capable DACs use a blue light to indicate authenticated MQA file/stream in use, per MQA's desire I always thought. I wonder why Audioquest chose to do it the other way around?

jonathan

A Favorites 'issue' in Qobuz App

I'm using a U.S. Hi-Fi+ Sublime subscription, primarily accessed via Roon at home but sometimes via Qobuz app when traveling. Hoping for some help understanding and resolving a curious situation/problem:

1) Favoriting artists is not a feature I've used much, if at all, yet just today notice that I have well over 1000 artists in the Favorites/Artists section of the app. Many of them I've never even heard of. I definitely did not individually 'heart' all of these folks so am wondering if there is any known current issue or anomaly that could explain this curiosity and what I may do to prevent further unwanted additions.

2) I can see no way to delete them en mass. Anyone have a method to do that? I believe they total 1300+ and selecting each individually to 'un-heart' them is a rather unsavory prospect.

TIA

jonathan

11 hours ago, PAR said:

I would point out thatHiFi+ is a magazine. The Qobuz subscription option is called Sublime +.

Well, thank you very much for correcting my typo (putting the '+' in the wrong place). Yes indeed, my sub is 'Qobuz Hi-Fi Sublime +'

Now, back to the actual issue I'm trying to understand/rectify...

First, let me clarify that I am indeed talking about behavior in the Qobuz app itself, not Roon specifically (although the over population of 'favorite' artists can be observed in Roon's Qobuz section as well... Qobuz -> My Qobuz -> Favorite Artists).

11 hours ago, PAR said:

There is no option in  Qobuz called " Favouriting Artists".There is a "Favourites " option but this does not allow the selection of artists per se.

Actually, there is. In Qobuz app (either desktop or mobile) go to an artist's page and click on the 'heart'. That artist is now 'favorited' and will appear in the Artists section of Favorites. To remove the artist from Favorites, go back to the artist's page and 'un-heart'.

My Release Favorites are all correct, I did select each and every one of those. Same with Tracks Favorites (only 18 or 20 there and I selected them). It's the Artists Favorites that's behaving differently and I'm trying to understand why. If I ever favorited any artists in Qobuz I could probably count the number on one hand, yet there are well over 1000 artists in that list. I'd like to whittle than down to a handful but I'd really rather not go to each artist page one at a time to 'un-heart' them.

So to reiterate, hoping someone can offer insight re: why the Artist Favorites behaves this way. Bug or anomaly in the US Beta app? Some other reason?

And also hoping to hear that there may be a trick to enable a bulk 'un-heart', 'unfavorite' (or whatever you want to call it) the majority of that list.

Thanks

jonathan

1 hour ago, dmackta said:

Bulk favorite deletion can be done on the website: for https://www.qobuz.com/account/favorites/artists

Thank you David. Greatly appreciate your time and help here.

This will definitely speed up the deletion process. My only wish would be that there could be a 'select all' checkbox at the top 😊. Nonetheless, scrolling down the list and checking off artists for deletion will be much preferable to the alternative within the app itself.

jonathan

5 hours ago, PAR said:

OK, I just ran through the procedure that you outlined....

....Is this roughly what you are experiencing except for the fact that you have hundreds of artists in Favourites that you have never selected as a Favourite?

Yes, exactly.

5 hours ago, PAR said:

Are the artists shown in the Favourites linked in any way to your choices in music or are they completely random perhaps with artists in genres that you don't use? Has anyone else got access to your device which has the Qobuz app installed?

----------

I still wonder if there is a connection with your uses of Qobuz via Roon.

My wife occasionally uses the account at work via Qobuz app on her phone. She only listens to what's already there and is not interested in saving or 'favoriting' anything else. 

However... I have now come to a new realization about the content of my 'Favorite Artists'. Upon further examination, I think that the list is a reflection of all artists associated with every album I have in my library. And I see that my initial reaction/observation (that a significant number of artists were unfamiliar to me) can be explained by the following:

Back when ECM first made the majority of their catalog available to streaming services, in a fit of over-exuberance I proceeded to save every single one of their titles into my Roon library (although I was using Tidal at the time, not Qobuz). That was somewhere around 1000 albums if I remember correctly. And, no, I didn't save them one at a time. I found a method to select all ECM and do a bulk-save. 🙂  It appears that the unfamiliar artists are associated with the (many) ECM albums in my library that I have yet to explore for a listen. So...no totally bizarre, random artists in there. It just seems that somehow all of the artists in my entire musical library became Qobuz favorites.

But that still leaves the mystery, how and why? 'Favoriting' artists is just not something I've ever really done and therefore haven't been inclined to even look in the Favorite Artists section much (if ever, prior to now) so it's possible that this overpopulation has been there since the beginning. 

1) The theory that there is/was some anomaly in the interaction between Roon and Qobuz is definitely worth considering.

2) I transferred my Tidal library to Qobuz using Soundiiz when Qobuz became available in the U.S. and I made the switch. I wonder if something happened there that caused Qobuz to think that every artist from all of my albums were 'favorites'.

I'll embark on the process of deleting the unwanted favorites via the Qobuz website as dmackta suggested and I'll see what happens from there.

Thx  @PAR @rando @dmackta for your input. 

jonathan

• 2 months later...
On 10/19/2019 at 1:28 PM, Polyglot said:

Anyone else has trouble streaming this release? It won't buffer properly and is constantly halting and pausing playback. This happens both with Qobuz's own application and Audirvana.

It appears that it is an issue of mislabeled format. The album is actually a 5.1 multi-channel version, not stereo as the Qobuz app has labeled it. (Notice that the album title even indicates 5.1). Try this one instead and you’re likely to have better luck.

BTW, I streamed the version in question via Roon, and Roon confirmed it to be 5.1 channel format.

Should probably flag @dmackta on this.

jonathan