IGNORED

Why do most DACs come with RCA jacks they are inferior

10 hours ago, Speedskater said:

Actually he did. He wants to was balanced interconnects to his power amplifier.

Yes, but the only reason he gave for this was a GUTB-like "RCA sucks," which is oversimplifying things. But if he's happy with any old crap as long as it has balanced outputs, that's fine with me.

8 minutes ago, thefullranger said:

Well I just really want one with XLR and RCA and phantom power for a measurement mic and have no need for all the controls want a stripped down unit wih great sound quality and build quality without paying a lot of money say 300.00 or less 

I thought you said you were looking for a DAC. For a measurement mic interface, the $100 Focusrite Scarlett Solo might suit you. The $150 Scarlett 2i2 has balanced outputs. I don't have any personal experience with either of these, but I've heard generally good things about Focusrite. I believe @esldude uses a Focusrite interface, though I don't recall the model.

7 minutes ago, thefullranger said:

I'll look into that, thank you.. someone posted this unit on my first page and it looks really good, but never heard of them and am leary, plus it looks like I would be ordering from China or some place and have never done that and am leary of that too. everyone has heard of Focusrite.

It probably works just fine, provided a) it arrives at all, b) it arrives in one piece, and c) it stays in one piece. Any trouble at all, and you're on your own.

Just now, thefullranger said:

guess I looked at it wrong, anyway the 2i2 has 1/4" TRS balanced and could put that on one end of my cables to XLR balanced ? unless it is not good to do,  don't know but looks like the 2i2 may be what I get

You can get/make cables with TRS on one end and XLR on the other, no problem.