IGNORED

Best CPU for hqplayer

sbenyo

36 minutes ago, kelvinwsy said:

Playing Dsd256/asm7EC now.. No sound difference.. Let's see the temps after 1/2 hr.. 

Shouldn't affect sound at all, all the math is the same, just CPU load figures may differ. If you get lower CPU load, but higher temps, it wouldn't be surprising. IOW, you can do more DSP work, but also get higher temps as result.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Tried to run DSD512 ASDM5EC at even 4.5 ghz ... Music Plays at correct speed by stutters every 3 seconds.. at 4.2 ghz 1st 4 corrs/ 4.1 ghz at other 4 cores 

Grandscake/Voltage  Set at AUTO

CPU temps shot up to 36-37 after 1 song

I then went the other way 4.0 ghz all cores AV512 in ON Mode Grandscale/Voltage on Auto

Plays very smoothly

I will try 5.0 ghz and AV512 on/auto/auto and see if DSD512/EC5 will play NEXT

You should leave clocks at default with normal Turbo Boost and see how it goes with/without. Just "Load optimized defaults", select XMP profile and try with AVX-512 on/off.

If you need to limit clocks, that's confirmation that AVX-512 limits your achievable clock speeds and means that it doesn't provide as much performance improvement as it could.

Generally, best performance is "Load optimized defaults" and then select XMP Profile 1 which runs the RAM at full official speed.

None of this should affect sound quality, just CPU load. I never noticed any sound quality differences, but for me the most important thing is to maximize amount of DSP operations I can do before running out of CPU/GPU power. That indeed defines sound quality results if it doesn't end up limiting what I can do in DSP.