IGNORED

Burning Amp Festival 2017

Agree about Linkwitz being the person to listen to - he is one of the few of a technical bent who groks what the goal is, http://www.linkwitzlab.com/The_Magic/The_Magic.htm, though he naturally attributes the "magic" to the type of speakers being used. That such auditory presentation is actually a result of the system as a whole working at a competent level is something that extremely few understand, though Linkwitz very recently has got a better handle on this ...

24 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Agree about Linkwitz being the person to listen to - he is one of the few of a technical bent who groks what the goal is, http://www.linkwitzlab.com/The_Magic/The_Magic.htm, though he naturally attributes the "magic" to the type of speakers being used. That such auditory presentation is actually a result of the system as a whole working at a competent level is something that extremely few understand, though Linkwitz very recently has got a better handle on this ...

I have seen posts on this and other sites which give the speaker upto a 90 per cent value as to sound.  

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

6 minutes ago, NOMBEDES said:

I have seen posts on this and other sites which give the speaker upto a 90 per cent value as to sound.  

My approach is that whatever is causing most damage to the sound has the highest significance - ie., "brilliant" speakers won't rescue flawed sound from earlier in the chain.

You can't add "goodness" in an audio system to make up for other deficiencies - the value for money method is to subtract badness.

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I must ask what that means.  

Oh you know Chris,... sometimes people speculate which component is the most important in the audio chain.  Often it is the speaker which comes out as the “winner”.

in my case, I have three amps, tube, solid state and class D.  They all sound about the same over my Joseph Audio Perspectives.  I am too busy enjoying the music to worry about amps and other gear.   In fact, I would say that the recording is more important than amps, cables and other hardware.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

On 10/26/2017 at 7:36 PM, Ralf11 said:

better hurry and attend this year before they move it out to a desert in Nevada

The name is a reference to Burning Man But has this other meaning known only to DIY amp builders ;)

Custom room treatments for headphone users.