IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

10 hours ago, wgscott said:

I don't think anyone has accused you of anything, one way or the other.

What I was trying to object to, with the audiophile Taliban reference, is the refrain we seem to hear fairly often that someone should be banned from the forum, simply because their audiophile status is insufficiently zealous and pure. I was equating it to their religious police ideology.

You were the last person I would have wanted to offend by saying this, so I am truly sorry.  But I am genuinely perplexed how you arrived at that interpretation. (I don't recall ever having seen you call for anyone's banishment.)

Just to make it  absolutely clear who I think are behaving like intolerant religious police, here is a snapshot of the comment that I ridiculed by calling it a Fatwah, and those who endorsed it:

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 9.39.43 PM.png

Gracious of you. Apology accepted and I want to apologize for my hastiness. More later, but just wanted to communicate this. I'm kind of burnt out on this thread at the moment.

• 3 months later...

Some recent comments from Steven Plaskin from the Audiostream "Is MQA DRM" post (with responses from "DH"):

Steven Plaskin: I am deeply disturbed by the destructive anger that is being encouraged at another site dedicated to our hobby. Most audiophiles I know couldn’t give two shits about MQA. But the vitriol and devise behavior being propagated displays to me some serious issues that need to be addressed - and they are not audio issues.

Here is a direct quote about what I am referring to:

Lavorgna is a jerk

Make an 'objective' comment you are sneered at as a "mere cloth-eared engineer".
Make two and you're off.

And his lackey, the snake-oil freak Steve Plaskin, is even worse, though at least he is reasonably polite about it.

What normal thinking adult would want to be part of this?

When it was brought up that AudioStream turns out more equipment reviews, the owner of the site questioned AudioStream’s quality of writing. Just compare Chris Connaker’s review of the SOtM sMS-200 with mine. Reach your own conclusions.

There is a true disconnect from reality occurring that in the end, will only hurt our hobby.

DH: You are correct. But the context is that ML was banned from CA because of HIS language and behavior there, including the use of profanity related to someone's mother.

Steven Plaskin: And this language was sent in a private message. If Chris did not want Michael to post on his site, he could have told Michael in a private message. Chris decided that punishing Michael would further his economic goals. Naturally, I cannot know what Chris is thinking, but his behavior and tolerance of abusive posts suggests what I am referring to.

DH: I'm not defending some of the language used at CA. But some of MLs public posts were also not what I'd expect of a professional.

Chris doesn't allow the private messaging function at his site to be exploited for abuse.

I think that's exactly how it should be. I'm not really sure why you are excusing that kind of behavior.
ML isn't the first to be banned from the site for that type of stuff.

Steven Plaskin: This isn’t really about Michael’s “street language”. I think you know what I’m referring to.

edit: Michael Lavorgna has just added this: Chris allows abusive, offensive, and ...insulting language directed at people who do this for a living on his site - every day. To my mind, this is not the way a professional moderates a forum.

5 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I call shenanigans.  If you think @The Computer Audiophile is too coddling to rude posters, take it up with him.  I can only conclude that you're escalating your forum civility campaign because what you've done so far hasn't gotten as many people banned as you had hoped.  I get that you're pining for the days of yore at CA, but time marches on.  Maybe I missed the other posts but it seems to me your only contributions to CA of late are protestations of incivility.

That back and forth that you so helpfully 9_9 copied/pasted is nothing more than a desperate attempt from the MQA cabal to dismiss all anti-MQA discussion as rooted in immature, vindictive personal grievance.  And now you're trying to use it as a proxy to facilitate a CA forum witch hunt.  It's a transparent bid to elevate your authority here IMHO.

Actually, these comments bothered me and I think they are unfair to Chris and CA overall. I thought it would be good for others here to be aware of them and judge for themselves.

You do alot of speculating regarding my motivations. All of your speculation is negative. I think you are getting a little histrionic about this.

13 hours ago, Tecnik1 said:

you've been a member now for what a month wow.

To be accurate, Spacehound only joined on January 31. It just feels like longer because he has posted 364 times in less than 2 weeks. This may be a CA record!  :D

But, hey, who's counting? And after waiting 6 years there must be a lot of back pressure!

1 hour ago, Spacehound said:

It's beginners enthusiasm and it's cold outside. That will wear  off and it will get warmer. I joined because of MQA, so you can add that to Stuart's list of sins. 

wait, there's a list of sins?  I might be able to sort out suitable penances!  

5a81f7a843dc1_61e1fZ4Xj9L._SX331_BO1204203200_.thumb.jpg.e8bc0437e3fc9b5e5a3174ac6dfa551c.jpg

Seriously, though, have you posted any kind of summary as to why MQA bothers you so much? Others have, and there are some good ones, but MQA seems to raise more ire in some than in others who are against. Do you know why you feel so strongly about it? Or is it all in good fun?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

The similarity of your and ML's fancy of testosterone-fueled ways to resolve conflict (duels (seriously?), fists in faces, etc.) has been noted.

I think Chris should lift ML's ban.  It seems some of the old guard here are really, really upset that it happened and seem to be firmly convinced that ML is some kind of a saint or audio messiah that was simply goaded into doing something rude.

1 hour ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Your outsized concern for any damage to ML's sterling reputation is at least curious.  That concern seems to be the primary reason you post here.  I guess that's just devotion?  :)

14 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

So you just chose a cause célèbre at random that happens to be defending ML's reputation?  And you're surprised that people think you're an ML sock puppet?

Sometimes I wonder if you have actually fetishized "Samuel T. Cogley". :D Is this a cosplay thing?

st-courtmartial14.thumb.jpg.66edc719be23fe1a52f32b24f62d7453.jpg

http://taste-of-ipecac.blogspot.com/2007/01/samuel-t-cogley-attorney-idiot.html

8 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

You should stick with the pompous college professor shtick.  It works better for you than the dilettante psychologist thing you're attempting here.

Lighten up. I was a college professor. I was kidding you about your habit of "cross-examining" members. By fetish, I meant idol, not sexual fetish. Plus I can't recall any other member who suspects sock puppets as often as you do. Sometimes you're relentless. Take a break.

39 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I'm a little disappointed you didn't bother to translate the Russian part.  Perhaps you were distracted by an apparent opportunity to look scholarly.  If it makes you feel any better, that copy/paste is certainly worthy of a retired college professor IMHO.  :)

So, you're saying I'm right.

21 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

the crux of our disagreement is that you are utterly vested in the idea that meritocracy exists and is "pure".

missed the target...completely...again. Can I get an eye roll? are you aware that I'm disabled?

but enough, here's some fresh meat:

https://www.audiostream.com/content/great-dac

final quotation:

"Remember that the signal reaching your consciousness is as much you as it is the music" Daphne Oram

There you have it, the banality of evil!  9_9

Time for the hoodies:

angry_tech.thumb.jpg.9fc1fcd7fc1e18e2a51bd5c43a0431c9.jpg

• 5 months later...