IGNORED

Allo Digione

22 minutes ago, patagent said:

If you want to use optical inputs, you might want to consider Google Chromecast Audio. They’ve stopped making these but you can still purchase them eBay. 

I'd recommend keeping a safe distance from CC. The sound quality is absolutely rubbish. 

Further, optical usually produced high jitter levels, which in turn kill the SQ. Go coax if possible.

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]
Chain switchable to [Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350]

Surround

[Genelec 1032C x 3 + 8431 x 2  + 7360 x 2] <== [MiniDSP U-DIO8] <== [Mac Mini] 

Thanks for responding ,

I’m in a Apple ecosystem. So I want to use the best setup for that. So I was told Apple AirPlay would be the best way to extract audio from my Apple TV. So I purchased airport express to send an optical signal to my LS50w. It works for the most part. I just stumbled on the Digione thinking it may offer a cleaner audio signal versus the airport express. 

@LowMidHigh

the toslink jitter had me thinking for a better signal. I considered getting a IFI SPDIF to help with jitter. 

@TomWoB

as far as the inputs not matching. I was meaning a direct connection. The LS50w doesn’t have a digital coaxial input, only toslink. I figured a $20-30 converter would work. Just wasn’t sure about the converter killing audio quality. I’m not  familiar with BNC connection. I guessing it would be BNC to RCA ? 

Thanks for repsonding guys. 

Ah .... I just saw, the RCAs on the LS50w are "analog inputs", so you can't connect these RCAs with the digital RCA output of the DigiOne !

If you really want to use Toslink, use a HAT for the Raspberry Pi which has Toslink build-in, like: HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro 

DigiOne using with an optical connection makes absolute no sense, because with "a $20-30 converter" you will  lose the very high sound quality of a DigiOne anyway, so the HiFiBerry matches much better (and cheaper).

3 minutes ago, Amgclk65 said:

@LowMidHigh

the toslink jitter had me thinking for a better signal. I considered getting a IFI SPDIF to help with jitter. 

@TomWoB

as far as the inputs not matching. I was meaning a direct connection. The LS50w doesn’t have a digital coaxial input, only toslink. I figured a $20-30 converter would work. Just wasn’t sure about the converter killing audio quality. I’m not  familiar with BNC connection. I guessing it would be BNC to RCA ? 

Thanks for repsonding guys. 

Bro, I tried to scrub TOSLINK jitter through a cascade of 3 x Mutec-MC3 tethered to a REF10. An $8,000 setup. Still sounded like crap!!!

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]
Chain switchable to [Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350]

Surround

[Genelec 1032C x 3 + 8431 x 2  + 7360 x 2] <== [MiniDSP U-DIO8] <== [Mac Mini] 

hey, 

I’m second guessing ordering a Allo Usbridge . Reason is , how much  will it increase my audio quality via AirPlay . That’s all

I plan to use it for. Wish someone compared it to an airport express toslink audio quality. AirPlay is limited to 16bit/44.  I guess worst case I’ll be out shipping back to Canada. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, my allo digione player comes with volumio...

This software can't provide me equalizer features... a shame.

Room compensation is a necessary feature for serious audiophile player.

Parametric equalizer exist with moodeaudio, but not for volumio.

Someone can help me for install moodeaudio on my player and replace Volumio. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, TiTix said:

Hi, my allo digione player comes with volumio...

This software can't provide me equalizer features... a shame.

Room compensation is a necessary feature for serious audiophile player.

Parametric equalizer exist with moodeaudio, but not for volumio.

Someone can help me for install moodeaudio on my player and replace Volumio. 

Thanks

Volumio has an EQ parametric just look under plugins!

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, uniquesnowflake said:

Speaking from experience, the best investment to make SQ wise would be

1) Digione Sig

2) Shanti

3) USBridge Sigi to replace Pi

Thus, have you found the USBridge Sig to be an improvement over a RPi3 for hosting a DigiOne Signature? In which terms? Thanks, nbpf 

12 hours ago, nbpf said:

Thus, have you found the USBridge Sig to be an improvement over a RPi3 for hosting a DigiOne Signature? In which terms? Thanks, nbpf 

We see a difference in THD harmonic distortion when using RPI vs Usbridge Sig with a Digione Sig.

Why ? We don't know. There should be none..and yet we see it

1 hour ago, allo.com said:

We see a difference in THD harmonic distortion when using RPI vs Usbridge Sig with a Digione Sig.

Why ? We don't know. There should be none..and yet we see it

And ... this difference speaks for the USBridge Sig and against the RPi, right? 

18 hours ago, nbpf said:

Normally I'd give a new component 50+ hours minimum before making an assessment, but the improvement is obvious enough that I'm happy to make a preliminary assessment. 

One of the first things I noticed is the level of fine detail, presumably due to darker background. This is a very similar experience IMO compared to upgrading to a quieter, higher quality power supply. 

Not that it was lacking in my previous setup, yet the Audiophile Pi somehow took the sense of presence and realism one step further. 

I enjoy the fuller, sweeter midrange and authoritative bass of my "new" transport. However, this is interesting as the RPi3+Digione Sig setup seemed to have more emphasis on the treble side.

Please note that this is just an early impression, and that I'm using the stock DietPi + ALLO GUI that came with the Audiophile Pi, while my RPi3 ran an optimized picoreplayer as endpoint with a dedicated LMS server.